corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spend a moment of your time....
MarkM

User status: Offline
21st Jul 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the governments stance is that Afghan is a breeding ground for extremists who could eventually come to the UK and cause harm. We are there to try and prevent that.

I don't think our occupation there will necessarily stop that though as Pakistan is rife with them now.
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There as muslims everywhere though, afghanistan and iraq arent the only places they are grouping up - like you say pakistan is full of them and were ever producing homegrown terrorists now. They are the only race of people that are actually expanding in numbers. France is full of them, when i was in span there were roadsigns written in arabic for the ragheads travelling to france which says it all really. Best job for our troops is on the boarders shooting any of the locusts trying to get in. Then it would sort our country out and our boys would be doing something worthwhile for the people of our country.

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Nath

21st Jul 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Extra pay?

It's not like they are earning a fortune is it.

Silly comment IMHO.

A guy I know who's going over reckons he's getting near on £30k for 6months work. He is going for the extra pay.

Not really a silly comment. Silly is going over there and shooting people and not expecting to get shot back.

Put yourself in the line of fire and expect to get shot at, end of.

I never said it wasn't sad and that's not to say he deserved to die or anything, but it's to be expected and you can't deny that regardless how silly or immature you think i'm being

Mate of mine came back from Iraq with £k's in the bank. You can't spend it when out there. It just accumulates.
Nath

21st Jul 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
There as muslims everywhere though, afghanistan and iraq arent the only places they are grouping up - like you say pakistan is full of them and were ever producing homegrown terrorists now. They are the only race of people that are actually expanding in numbers. France is full of them, when i was in span there were roadsigns written in arabic for the ragheads travelling to france which says it all really. Best job for our troops is on the boarders shooting any of the locusts trying to get in. Then it would sort our country out and our boys would be doing something worthwhile for the people of our country.

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]

So we're fighting Muslims now?
Seany

21st Jul 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R.I.P.

On another note what does the lad do in the army that he earns £30k in 6 months?
my best mate goes out this month for the 3rd time, and he mst certainly never made £30k in 6months

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by Seany]
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Jul 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr brother was in the paras, he went accross twice stayed for 6 month intervals he took home about 13k in 6 months because he was on corp and para pay
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brave brave lad RIP.
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Mr brother was in the paras, he went accross twice stayed for 6 month intervals he took home about 13k in 6 months because he was on corp and para pay

Still shit money though, can earn 26k a year being a joiner or a plumber... if im getting shot at i want top dollar for risking my skin!
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many Joiners or Plumbers take home £26K per year after all of their living expenses
Markus

21st Jul 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
Not many Joiners or Plumbers take home £26K per year after all of their living expenses

exactly, council tax for the barracks is £2.50 a month lol
compared to £100

food is cheaper ect all payed for so in the end your up 5k more than a nomral job
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soldiers deserve top pay, as do medics and firefighters, its a shit society we live in when numpties who kick a bag of air round a field get paid more than people who are risking theire life to make the world a better place.
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Soldiers deserve top pay, as do medics and firefighters, its a shit society we live in when numpties who kick a bag of air round a field get paid more than people who are risking theire life to make the world a better place.

Yup, soldiers deserve 100k a year with living expenses etc. Not politicians, greedy bank managers and dumb football players who can barely spell their own name!

But hey, who are we to argue with the 'great british' ways
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, we merely contribute to it, our views will never be listenend to and there's nothing we can do about it.
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree that Soldiers, Medical Staff etc. deserve better money but at the end of the day who is going to pay for it?
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the government, instead of claiming extortionate expenses and paying themselves mega bucks whilst wasting money paying to keep immigrants they should spend our tax money on people who deserve it.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd happily let more of my tax go towards something like that rather than some of the bullshit things it goes to now.
richc

21st Jul 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
He made the ultimate sacrifice doing what he wanted. For that, he and others serving, have my ultimate respect.

RIP

Ditto
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd happily let more of my tax go towards something like that rather than some of the bullshit things it goes to now.

Yes but would you be equally happy to pay more tax towards this?
richc

21st Jul 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im sorry but you cant compaire footballers to servants. Footballers are not paid by the gouverment. There wages comes from us buying the tickets, sky tv, shirts etc.

Also footballers contribute more to our gouverment than me and you ever would.

But saying that, yes they do deserve a hell of a lot more.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I meant rather than using my tax to fund dole rats sitting on their arses for years, housing immigrants and their 43 children pay the troops more, it could quite easily be achieved.

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by DannyB]
Markus

21st Jul 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant rather than using my tax to fund dole rats sitting on their arses for years, housing immigrants and their 43 children pay the troops more, it could quite easily be achieved.

i agree, my next door neighbour has been on the dole for 8 years and has just had a 7th child, hes 58.
He even told me the reason he has children is more money from the goverment, he clames disability for a bad back, yet he can build a conservatory and put up a fence. more money towards the troops
John

21st Jul 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soldiers don't deserve to be paid anymore, they know they'll get shot at, comes with the job.

From his writing you can see why he's a soldier, he would have struggled even being a plumber.

Plumbers can easily take home well over 26k a year btw, and nearly double.
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Christ you should be Prime Minister, I cant believe nobody has realised that there are such simple solutions to problems that have plauged Governments for centuries
Markus

21st Jul 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Plumbers can easily take home well over 26k a year btw, and nearly double.

not in the current climate, maybe 3 years ago.

( my dad and uncle are plumbers - uncle is on dole because of no work )
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said nobody has realised that, it's been a major issue for years I was merely giving my opinion on what I'd like my tax going to.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time.... 22 database queries in 0.0102019 seconds