corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » is there anything else i can do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is there anything else i can do?
bubble

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cb87-to get it repaired, call the council and declare your position on the damage. advice them that it is dangerous, and that until it is rectified, you do not have to pay rent. they will soon come out to fix it then.
Cosmo

22nd Jul 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cb87
we pay the same ammount of rent as everyone else does, almost every 3 bed house around here is priced the same

IF you pay the going rental rate then I take back what I said and you're well within your rights (if the path is actually unsafe) to ask the landlord (in this case the council) to put it back to a safe way.
chloe16v

22nd Jul 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by cb87
we pay the same ammount of rent as everyone else does, almost every 3 bed house around here is priced the same

IF you pay the going rental rate then I take back what I said and you're well within your rights (if the path is actually unsafe) to ask the landlord (in this case the council) to put it back to a safe way.

been trying this for the past 20 months

[Edited on 22-07-2009 by cb87]
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
cb87-to get it repaired, call the council and declare your position on the damage. advice them that it is dangerous, and that until it is rectified, you do not have to pay rent. they will soon come out to fix it then.

they'll also take counter legal action againt them to remove them from the property for not paying the rent

Its all good in theory witholding the rent, but in practice I doubt a rental firm such as the council will be stupid enough to not have terms in their contracts preventing the withholding of rent.
chloe16v

quote:

hmm might give this ago, althought we might find our selfs on the streets
fir3vip3r

22nd Jul 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry not to clued up on it all, should have guessed how stupid this country is though tbh.

just pisses me off day in day out going up poorly maintained paths and driveways. and everytime i tell work its unsafe the usual response is "its the councils problem"

takes the piss

[Edited on 22-07-2009 by fir3vip3r]
bubble

22nd Jul 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

they'll also take counter legal action againt them to remove them from the property for not paying the rent

Its all good in theory witholding the rent, but in practice I doubt a rental firm such as the council will be stupid enough to not have terms in their contracts preventing the withholding of rent.

my landlord works for a company called aspire, they maintain council houses around here. just asked her and she advises if there are defects which are a potential hazard, the tenant can withold rent until fixed.
Cosmo

22nd Jul 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id advise you to check your agreement before anything like that.

We rent a few properties at the moment, and each of our agreements are different, but I know fosho that with holding rent to get certain things done will only result in one thing - and it wont be that problem getting fixed.
K17STY

22nd Jul 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try your local housing office, if not take it to the local MP, as soon as they put an email or letter in they will start jumping.

Oh and you cant hold back your rent or council tax. You will either end up with a SO at your door or an eviction notice.

[Edited on 22-07-2009 by K17STY]
Andrew

22nd Jul 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay for it to be fixed. You get fuckin everything else for free
mattk

22nd Jul 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

22nd Jul 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post naked pics, that will help...
Cosmo

22nd Jul 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
post naked pics, that will help...

It probably wont tbh.
Jake

22nd Jul 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Pay for it to be fixed. You get fuckin everything else for free

you gimp she just said she pays rent.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » is there anything else i can do? 22 database queries in 0.0155020 seconds