corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED***

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED***
Christopher

User status: Offline
12th Sep 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good! Good quality pics needed
scunnylad

12th Sep 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ino dnt profess to be a good photographer lol.

Anyways few jobs for.tomorrow. new engine loom, new bonnet release cable, new steering column n piss a few other little bits.

Will update tomoz
scunnylad

23rd Oct 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well forgot to update again, got a few things done

few parts i had, thanks to ash 1999corsab for the loom.

i started stripping of bits like sfi box to gain acess to loom

then the rocker cover of, (there may be a way to get to injector plucs but i went for the easiest :lol

finally got the loom out after about a hour,
new loom nearest to camera

then spent 2 hours soldering what i need on and fixing a plug or two then sealed it up ready for refit

then fitted new loom and started refitting everything, fitted new bonnet cable aswell while i had space
thought i would also tuck the throttle cable out of the way and hide some wiring. this is how its looking under there now

Since then she had here mot. That kinda didnt go to plan, failed on handbrake, both headlights 'obviously' incorrect and rear seat couldnt be secured upright.

so standard lights went back on, rear brakes cleaned and adjusted up and the screws put back in the rear seat catch

then had she dropped down to 2 cylinder on way home so limped it at 20mph for 10 mile it made it tho that still not 100% but after electricuting myself a few times with ht leads i changed the plugs and its running ok now

this is the plugs i removed, about 2 yr old?

oh also fitted two veccy recaros in the front ( cheers jaffa) and took the cally leathers out.

next plans are to
wire the boot on a switch insted of rear wiper
try and solve the very slight misfire on tick over (sure its coil)
fit skirts still
sort morrettes out so the beam is a lil better (needs another adjuster fitting)
and new discs and pads

sorry for the long update
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate,the joys of fitting looms. Me and Ash have swore so much fitting them haha.

Engine bays looking good anyways,would be good to see this in the flesh.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
scunnylad

23rd Oct 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really want to come to a meet but i work every sunday without faill untill 4.00pm so i cannot make them.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh I see.

What if I could arrange like a week day evening?

scunnylad

23rd Oct 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah aslong as its not thursday lol, i finish at 5.30 every nite except thur, i may be changing job soon but for the next monnth at least i will be at this one.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok sound mate.

1999corsa b

26th Oct 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen thread it's mint in the flesh, all running ok with new looms? mines now turning green
scunnylad

26th Oct 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers i need to put the skirts on to finish it off but just keep puttin it off

yeah the looms sorted it, put the plugs of my loom on it and no warning lights now, even unplugged afm to put light on to make sure there wasnt a fault with the eml

what green is it goin? you havent even decided what engine yet
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He means mould as its rotting on his drive cos it doesn't move haha.

scunnylad

27th Oct 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he did say it will be ready for next years shows.

Mine might finally be ready then only been about 3 years
scunnylad

17th Jun 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well not updated for over 6 month, the car had very serious issues just after new year, i needed a car as work was busy so had to demote down to a focus lol.

Basically is wouldn't run, no fuel or spark. So thought oh must be ecu so set about to remove my ecu and and half the north sea must have leaked from the plug and blue corrosion over everything, so set to cleaning everything up tried it no good.

Bought an ecu from fleabay tried that no good. Spent about 2 month trying to.source yet another loom finally found one and took a ride to blackpool. Had day out with the mrs so got away with that lol.

Work picked.up again and 3 month later i finally decided to have a look at her. So set to strippig.the old loom down yesturday, took the wheels of as they had a jungle around them as it was only stored under a lean to.
Tonight came and i fitted the loom, realised that the loom had been butchered a little but some tlc and it was back up to scratch. Removed rocker cover crib led some.oil.all over tappets and oil feeds, removed plugs and cleaned and wound over by hand a few times. Fitted loom rebuilt and tried her. She struck up first time. Tapped alot! For about 10 min but then quietend down so finished it of, going.to.sort wheels out and respray inners and she should be back.on.the road. Missed pvs again but will 100% be at the next. Updates to follow again

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » white gsi rep now xe'd ***AFTER RESPRAY PICS NOW ADDED*** 24 database queries in 0.0078361 seconds