corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike day rant....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bike day rant....
Daimo B

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, its the "im dissapointed in your lack of skill/observation" look

Davey, see I don't follow, i just get in front, and stop, in the road...

Then get a call from Mr Policeman at my door a few days later.. Always note the car reg plate and get the complaint in first though
mwg

7th Aug 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bikers are tossers

Neo

7th Aug 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think only drivers can be blamed for driving badly. Completely agree that you see people overtaking bikes far to close, getting right up behind them or not giving a bit of space on the motorway to allow them past.....

However i cannot stand slow moving traffic (25 - 40) with a bike weaving in and out in between all the cars at 50+. Lost patience now with bikers....was on the motorway, moving at about 15 and had 2 or 3 bikes come up either side of me (middle lane) and have one of them take off my mirror, when i argued he said i was too close to the truck in the inside lane....

Give and take both ways imho
Graham88

7th Aug 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
However i cannot stand slow moving traffic (25 - 40) with a bike weaving in and out in between all the cars at 50+. Lost patience now with bikers....was on the motorway, moving at about 15 and had 2 or 3 bikes come up either side of me (middle lane) and have one of them take off my mirror, when i argued he said i was too close to the truck in the inside lane....

Fair enough you obviously had a cock of a biker hit you, but it's quite safe to filter through if you are doing those speeds. If I get a tight gap I give it a rev or a tap of the horn and cars usually move out my way.

You do get the selfish ones that move in your way intentionally which I just laugh off tbh. I'm still going to get where I'm going a fuck load quicker than him. I have noticed my attitude towards other drivers calm down though, there's no point starting an argument or getting pissed off with the knob that pulls out on you. Just adjust to make sure you don't crash and move on, everyone makes mistakes.
Daimo B

7th Aug 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
bikers are tossers

Car drivers are casters
Colin

7th Aug 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres as many dangerous bikers out there as there are unthoughtfull car drivers.

So long as dodgy bikers that whiz about dangerously theres always going to be the odd driver that doesnt leave them much room, its just life tbh.

I always leave plenty room, mainly because I dont want to be involved if they do something daft and end up under a car wheel.
richc

7th Aug 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ride bikes and i will admit there are alot of bike riders who think eveyrone else is in the wrong and they are invincable and have the right to moan at every car driver
jr

7th Aug 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by willay
shake of the head, I hate that

It's kinda like the parents "I'm not angry with you, I'm just dissapointed"

on the other hand the thumbs up or the leg out when you let them passed is a nice feeing
Graham88

7th Aug 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true! If somebody makes the effort a simple nod or signal like you say goes a long way
corsa120

7th Aug 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok people seem to be reading to much into what im trying to say.......

1) i am most definately not riding to slow i.e round dry roundabouts it varies obviously but normal size im cornering same as cars at normal speeds, and i go as quick as i feel otherwise comfortable when the situation allows.. me too i.e nobody on the roundabout so kick it down a gear and enjoy the lean over.

if theres traffic calm down and go with the flow as i dont want to be ran over etc etc etc

im running bridgestone tyres so not crap, rear is nearly new and front has 2k left possibly...

the type of situations im trying to get at is people tailgate you ALOT and i can be doing 60-70 on real twisty small back b-roads which is quick enough when there is no straight longer than 2-300 yards before your on another tight bend... with crossroads every 1/4 mile its dodgy on a bike i have no airbag/car protecting me so why sit right on my arse????

in town your doing 30mph and villages 30/40mph and still people are 6ft of your back tyre....

i was coming up an a-road the other day i accelerated upto about 80mph and started to back off 1/2 mile down the road as i no there is a busy hotel and usually full of x-types playing golf......... and i slowed to 60mph and guess what a jag sits there waiting to pull out, see's me and his suspension jolts twice this is what makes me know he could not make up his mind AND GUESS WHAT he pulls out at the last minute grrrrr and trots along at 40mph in 60mph zone

like some people have previously said in this wet weather we are having, riding a bike is drastically affected and i just wish people acknowledged it and gave me some space....

im not shallow VXR and im not perfect, im not trying to make out im right cars are wrong, but tailgating me in the wet is un-acceptable is'nt it????????? so how am i in the wrong?

like i said 99% of my quirms are when the weather is dodgy so my riding is drastically slowed, however car drivers Dont realise this and seem to think you have same grip as them

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by corsa120]

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by corsa120]
Carl

7th Aug 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not go looking..

Just stop, get off, and "politley" explain what that road user has just done to nearly knock me off...

How they react denotes how the next few minutes go. Usually as soon as you stop though.

Sometimes, it doesn't work like that, and it results in a little "argy bargy" on the side of the road. Ironically though, if someone throws a punch, wtf do they think will happen?

Yeah, my skid lid can take a 180+mph impact, but your singular punch is gonna kill me Maybe you should try some of my other armoured areas, see if you fare any better

Ohhhhhh memories.... All "could" have been avoided though.

These days, i try to tend to just pull up, look over, shake my head, then look forward. If they give it mouth, THEN start going mental at them

So you just park up in the middle of the road do you then?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike day rant.... 22 database queries in 0.0156209 seconds