corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Dole
Colin

User status: Offline
15th Aug 09 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be restricted to be paid for a set time. i.e 6 weeks. If you cant get a job (any job!!) within that time then you should get fuck all.

Ive been on the dole twice btw...both times less than 2 weeks.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 02:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
we're struggling for enough plumbers the now
Fancy a holiday Matt
Colin

15th Aug 09 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just take any job though...to get yourself into work again??

Personally i'd sweep shit off the street if it meant me keeping a roof over my head!!
*JonnyG*

15th Aug 09 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's alright saying that tho Colin, but like cleaning jobs, people are thinking shit, am gonna save money if i just clean that extra bit. Instead of employing some one else. Times are hard at the moment, and i go to the job center every day.
GF-91
Banned

15th Aug 09 at 04:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dole, it's about as useful as you make it tbh.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 05:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's clear who the snotty twats are who've never had trouble getting a job

It's in your interest to sign on when you're out of work anyway so your NI is still paid. It'll only cause you problems down the line otherwise.
AndyKent

15th Aug 09 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I lost my job and it was clear I wasn't going to get something else straight away I'd be straight down there signing on. They're quick enough to take tax off when you're working you so I'd have no problems claiming back what they're willing to give you.
Kevxx

15th Aug 09 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive had my 13 week interveiw, I think the people know the genuine from the piss takers, I have good qualifications and there are actualy no jobs here for me to do, they do a quick search while Im there and every week say ohh no there isnt anything this time Im afraid and Im sure it will go on lke that till I do find something

pissing credit crunch shit

so you can't go get any old job till you find you that suits you?

Sure half the junkies can't find jobs because it doesn't match there qualifications

Where'as i see the dole as someplace for people who can't work, to get benefit to live etc. Not for capable people to "wait" on the right job coming up.

Not a direct dig towards yourself, just IMO.
Seany

15th Aug 09 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have work since 2 weeks after I left school never been on the dole, what I don't understand is how people can be jobless for months when there are thousands of jobs out there.
Just because you don't like a job does't mean you can't do it. Millions of people all over the world are in jobs they don't like because it gives them the money they need to survive.
I say we stop the dole and give me all my money back.
Carl

15th Aug 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dole is a brilliant system if you think about it, its just the fact it gets abused that ruins it. Which makes the system worse for when genuine people do need it.

What pissed me off about it is when I went into the job centre for career advice and a hand finding a job I told I couldn't get any. Later down the line when I felt I had to sign on, the first interview they started helping me to find a job. I was fuming.
Sunz

15th Aug 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been on it since april.
Cant find any jobs in my area, South east london/Kent and I need live, don't enjoy it really quiet depressing but it's not all crackheads most of the people I see there look respectable and not chavy at all.

This is no jobs, I would do anything but there is just nothing
*JonnyG*

15th Aug 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i sign on, its at 9am in the morning, so i never see any chavs or druggies.
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no problem with anyone actually getting dole, but I think they should work for it.

So if you cant get a job as none available in your area, too lazy, whatever, then fine go and get your £50 - but for that you can do something to help this country such as picking litter on the streets.
antnee

15th Aug 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I have no problem with anyone actually getting dole, but I think they should work for it.

So if you cant get a job as none available in your area, too lazy, whatever, then fine go and get your £50 - but for that you can do something to help this country such as picking litter on the streets.
Seany

15th Aug 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo you can do something to help this country such as picking litter on the streets.

nail on the head. Imagine if everyone on the dole had to do a day a week picking litter the streets would be soo much better for it.
Carl

15th Aug 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are always crying out for volunteers, having no job doesn't mean you should sit on your arse all day for those that do. I'd have probably been in a dead end job now if it wasn't for the volunteering I did. I got to know all the right people and I was the first on their mind when a position came up. In fact I even got a part-time job straight off the bat when I went to see the guy about volunteering. It was a bar job but it kept me ticking over.

With so many people after so little jobs you have to put the effort in, simply being qualified doesn't cut it if there are another 20 people also qualified. I'm thinking of a career change and I've looked into volunteering around that as it's the only way I can experience it to see if its the right move.
John

15th Aug 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are jobs everywhere, I know because I was looking, people just don't want to do them.

If you can spend 5 weeks dole money on one part for your corsa you shouldn't be on the dole, it's as simple as that,.
Carl

15th Aug 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo you can do something to help this country such as picking litter on the streets.

nail on the head. Imagine if everyone on the dole had to do a day a week picking litter the streets would be soo much better for it.

It wouldn't solve anything, the problem is people throwing litter, if people picked it up, more people would throw it on the floor! But I do agree with the concept of what you are saying and they are bringing such a system into place.
Kevxx

15th Aug 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point, if i seen dole folk picking up rubbish, i'd throw more. cunts.. haha
vcorsasport1.6

15th Aug 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on the dole, been on it for a couple of month, hate it with a passion, i must have sent off 100's of cv's, spent a small fortune in calls to buisnesses, still nothing...
i get £50 a week and spend most of that trying to find a job,
i hate standing in the job centre with all lifes scrotes,i cant wait to get back to work,
im sure if i keep trying the way i am, i will get something,just gotta keep looking, i want...no need a job before i get sent on one of them 13 weeks courses, lol
brad

plus cosmo.....they have the council workers to do that, can you imagine the uproar if loads of dole dossers started taking council workers jobs!
i see where your coming from, i would do it if i had to, anythings better than constantly looking for jobs and not getting any....imo anyway
Cosmo

15th Aug 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vcorsasport1.6
plus cosmo.....they have the council workers to do that, can you imagine the uproar if loads of dole dossers started taking council workers jobs!

These would just be extra workers, wouldnt replace the council workers.

And btw good on you doing how you are - I dont mind people like yourself getting dole when you are obviously trying to get yourself into a job and off it!
Ren

15th Aug 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come off the JSA because I settled for a Customer Service job at British Gas... as opposed to looking for a Desktop Support role for which I'm qualified in.
vcorsasport1.6

15th Aug 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by vcorsasport1.6

These would just be extra workers, wouldnt replace the council workers.

And btw good on you doing how you are - I dont mind people like yourself getting dole when you are obviously trying to get yourself into a job and off it!

i really can see where your coming from mate,
cheers for that, i agree 100% with people that cant stand dole dossers, i hate it,im a fully qualified nvq level 2 builder and have ben laid off countless times from sites over the last year due to no work or the company going bust....im looking at warehouse work,packing boxes,shit i really dont want to do but if it means money in my pocket and not being on the dole then i dont really care what i do, i dont agree with people that say there arent jobs out there because theres loads...its just getting one of the god damn things! lol

[Edited on 15-08-2009 by vcorsasport1.6]

[Edited on 15-08-2009 by vcorsasport1.6]
John

15th Aug 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fine, somebody who doesn't want to be on it and is actively looking for jobs, that's exactly what its for.

How many jobs are people looking for while converting engines and fitting manifolds, very few.
vcorsasport1.6

15th Aug 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly john,
i think people do need to take 1 step back and read the title of jsa again...job...seekers...allowance,
its to help you seek for a job, thats the way i see it anyway
brad

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole 22 database queries in 0.0170751 seconds