corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » speaking to people on the phone.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaking to people on the phone.
Cosmo

User status: Offline
18th Aug 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I don't put my work number in the signature underneath my emails so people don't phone me

I do that most of the time, but mainly so people cant ring me if I decide not to pay them
Ben G

18th Aug 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee
got the whole number? I need to cancel mine too.

0800 656 9000 between 9am-6pm weekdays
JonnyJ

18th Aug 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
I don't put my work number in the signature underneath my emails so people don't phone me

I do that most of the time, but mainly so people cant ring me if I decide not to pay them

Thanks for letting me know that
Cosmo

18th Aug 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Thanks for letting me know that

Ah fuck
Rich H

18th Aug 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup I'm pretty similar to Cosmo lol. I hate speaking on the phone to big companies, call centres etc. Used to hate using the phone full stop, but had to get round that one when I became self employed
kz

18th Aug 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm like this, I'll put off phoning companies etc! My point of contact choice would be...

1) Internet
2) Face to face
3) Phone

I often don't even answer the phone to my mates (or girlfriend when I had one) but that's more because I'm usually doing something and a phone call takes all your time lol, where as I can reply to a text whenever it suits.
richc

18th Aug 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing i dont like, is if im in the office at work and i get asked to ring a company about a matter that i dont truely understand, just talking figures and what somebody has wrote down. I dont liket that.

But i dont mind answering the phone to anyone, or calling a company in my own time
Jake

18th Aug 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i have a conversation face to face i tend to play off the other persons reactions so to speak. i find it really difficult having a conversation over the phone because of this. fucking annoying
nathy_87

18th Aug 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i always get nervous not sure why though and then i stutter which really does my head in,
~willow~

18th Aug 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im fine but then i work in a call center my self haha
Ben J

18th Aug 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be nervy on the phone but i'm not anymore....i'm always ringing suppliers etc.
drunkenfool

18th Aug 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I get it sometimes too, always try to plan out what I want to say but then its always fine when im actually on the phone. To be hoenst though I think my worst ever phone converstation was when I lived in spain and I rang the chineese takeway, all in Spanish. It got to the point where I gave up and passed the phone over to my spanish flatmate, but they didnt understand him either cos it was them that couldnt speak spanish properly, not me!
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer dont like it

email FTW

Although im selling car parts at the mo so am on the phone alot

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
J da Silva

18th Aug 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never understood why people get like this, is it for fear that you may not get your desired outcome after the phonecall or what? I do find it strange but I mayb understand if someone went into detail.
Cosmo

18th Aug 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I've never understood why people get like this, is it for fear that you may not get your desired outcome after the phonecall or what? I do find it strange but I mayb understand if someone went into detail.

For me, I have zero problems speaking to people face to face. I can walk into a massive group of suppliers and talk to them like ive know them for years, I can walk into an office/shop and speak to someone to sort/order something perfectly fine.

Its just something BEFORE a phone call that makes me act strange. Once Im on I am fine, Im not nervous or anything speaking to them. Its just the act of ringing and getting on to them that makes me go fucking mental, and then after than its like Im perfectly fine.
Ojc

18th Aug 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gone through 3 stages

When I started work at 16 I hated the phone and it got to the point where I would divert my work phone to someone elses

Then a couple of years in another lad joined our work who made things sound so easy on the phone and he motivated me and gave me the confidence to answer the phone and have the right answers without getting into a mess. This lasted until 2007 before I got ill. I came back to work and they didn't put me back on the phones due to not wanting to stress me out and ever since I've not been using the phone apart from internal to Glasgow

If they asked I doubt I'd be able to do it again, took me ages to get confident at work and that has just all gone.

But when it comes to being at home and ringing companies I'm fine, no issues at all.

[Edited on 18-08-2009 by Ojc]
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know why it bothers me tbh, what they going to do I can just hang up

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Lynny

18th Aug 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to, but since I've started this job I'm on the phone ALL the time, so got much better
Carl

18th Aug 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ~willow~
im fine but then i work in a call center my self haha

IO've worked in call centres inbound and outbound, just made mine worse!
Jas

18th Aug 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really good on phones. quieter in person :S
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to hate talking on the phone full stop, whether it was incoming or outgoing, someone I knew or a random in a call centre I was always really scared. Recently with being self employed, I find myself on the phone a lot more, I'm generally alright most of the time but I hate incoming calls from customers, I think that's mainly a fear of them telling me there's a problem with their machine that I've gotta go and fix
kz

18th Aug 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it when both people talk at the same time, didn't hear what each other said, start talking at the same time again... then it all goes silent. Embarrassing!
Jay

19th Aug 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
I hate it when both people talk at the same time, didn't hear what each other said, start talking at the same time again... then it all goes silent. Embarrassing!

If that happens, carry on and 'win' the conversation then say sorry what was you saying? Thats what I do
Adam-D

19th Aug 09 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the phone, like txt better.

hate leavin voicemail too. always really short.
Marc

19th Aug 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the help desk all week at work, get irate financial advisers ringing up giving you policy numbers etc. Hate receiving calls!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » speaking to people on the phone. 23 database queries in 0.0213530 seconds