corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking up 2 carpark spaces
J da Silva

User status: Offline
19th Aug 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car in the pic is crying out to have brake fluid sprayed allover it.
Pip308

19th Aug 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to do it all the time. Not an issue if the carparks quiet.

If the carparks busy, i'd find another carpark and take 2 spaces in that one instead.

And Southend, D4 and D5 required at least 3-4 spaces
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm in my daily car and I see someone parked like a tit in a modified car, I make it my mission to squeeze in to one of the spaces they have fucked up.

What pisses me off is generally its not even a car thats worth much, it will be some shitty hatch back with a big fibreglass body kit.
a_j_mair

20th Aug 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my barge needs a space and a bit or about 10 cuts to get in at it square

i often abandon it not parked very well but parking over 2 spaces is just silly
FruitBooTeR

20th Aug 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
always do it in the bm...

and always try park next to decent cars

It brings soo much more attention to the car I think.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

And surely just driving a BMW is enough to make you look a wanker without parking like one too?
mattfiesta

20th Aug 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I park mine in 2 spaces because the general public are inconsiderate twats and since owning my current car from january it has picked up 5 little carpark dings from the times where it wasn't possible to get 2 spaces.
mattfiesta

20th Aug 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

And surely just driving a BMW is enough to make you look a wanker without parking like one too?

Rather look like a wanker in my bmw than an old chav going through a mid life crisis in a modified corsa
stan_the_man

20th Aug 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have a brown Nova saloon, and id regularly park door handle to door handle of cars that has straddled two spaces! Theyre fancy new shiney car will cost alot more to fix than my £50 Nova!

Best one was a Porsche Boxter, and the owner eventually ended up finding me and asking me to move my car. I just said 'well you should park properly' and walked off. Cunt.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
quote:
quote:

Rather look like a wanker in my bmw than an old chav going through a mid life crisis in a modified corsa

Ok lets look at the facts..

A) I'm 27
B) I dont drive a corsa.
C) I dont wear reebok classics so cant possilby be a chav.

M2RTY

20th Aug 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the renault in the background is over 4 spaces lol
morpheus22

20th Aug 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a manager used to do it at work in her "brand new astra" and the excuse was i dont want peoples doors been bumped into the side of it. as it got to xmas and the car park gets full someone hadnt taken to kindly to her parking her "brand new astra" in two spaces and run a trolly allway down the side of it.
Gareth F

20th Aug 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just got a management position at my old work place and as managers we park in the private car park out the back
I used to use two spaces when i had to park out the front but there was a bay of three so me and my mate claimed them every morning. Only ever had one note left on my windscreen
Conway563

20th Aug 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of the car parks in Bristol have started giving out fines and clamping people if they're not parked in spaces properly
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
A lot of the car parks in Bristol have started giving out fines and clamping people if they're not parked in spaces properly

Roll it out across the UK I say!
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
quote:
quote:

Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
I used to have a brown Nova saloon, and id regularly park door handle to door handle of cars that has straddled two spaces! Theyre fancy new shiney car will cost alot more to fix than my £50 Nova!

Best one was a Porsche Boxter, and the owner eventually ended up finding me and asking me to move my car. I just said 'well you should park properly' and walked off. Cunt.

You sir are a jealous little badger who does not appreciate the money people spend on items and the fact they don't want them damaged by little jealous boys like yourself.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

You sir are a jealous little badger who does not appreciate the money people spend on items and the fact they don't want them damaged by little jealous boys like yourself.

But its ok to be an arrogant cock and park like a wanker?
stan_the_man

20th Aug 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people and their parking in question wasnt due to not wanting cars damaged, it was just sheer lazyness.

If they were parked slap bang in the middle of two spaces, then fair enough. But these 'badgers' were just over the white line and hadnt been arsed to park properly.

My £50 Nova came with mirrors, and fitted in parking spaces just fine!
nathy_87

20th Aug 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always do this when i get a new car bugs some people, can you not get done for it? And does it mean you have to get to parking tickets from the machine
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You telling me you go to a carpark and every single space is full?????

Sure, if the carparks mega busy, go find another one, but if theres plenty of spaces, whats the problem? How does it effect you????? Why would you be such an arse and do that?

One day, if you own something nice, you guys may understand. Maybe if you spend £20k on a little car, you'd understand.

And how on EARTH does someone taking 2 spaces mean they are an arrogent cock. Generalisation.

You drive a corsa. So you MUST be a jumped up cocky little chav, who sits and McDonalds, has stupid caps on, and drives at 80mph everywhere with your lame BB4 exhaust.

Probably not true, but then i've not jsut generalised like you have.
LukeD

20th Aug 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont understand why people do it. surley its only bringing more attention to the car and more likely for it to be vandalised. ild be wanting to keep the car less conspicuous
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The people and their parking in question wasnt due to not wanting cars damaged, it was just sheer lazyness.

If they were parked slap bang in the middle of two spaces, then fair enough. But these 'badgers' were just over the white line and hadnt been arsed to park properly.

My £50 Nova came with mirrors, and fitted in parking spaces just fine!

Lazyness, im with you on that one. If they've parked like that, i'd agree with you, plain ignorence, and usually these people won't care about their car at all to park in such a way.

Not wanting to have their car damaged by some cock parking too close, who doesn't give a rats ass about cars, so won't even think about caring if they open their door onto your car.

If i'd just bought a boxster, i'd double park too, to stop said issues.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

One day, if you own something nice, you guys may understand. Maybe if you spend £20k on a little car, you'd understand.

I owned a car that was so rare if someone damaged a panel most of them wouldnt even be able to get a replacement for.. A front bumper was £1,400 and you couldnt get one anyway.

If ever parked that I just parked right on the other side of the carpark where it would be mostly empty, if I went int a multistory I went straight to the top and parked in a corner against the wall..

Having a 'nice car' doesnt give you the right to think you are better than anybody else..

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces 22 database queries in 0.1177220 seconds