corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rumbled on Facebook

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rumbled on Facebook
MarkSport

User status: Offline
24th Aug 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G

I'd just delete all my work friends off there!

exactly what i done,too many back stabbers that call themselves friends
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My profile has jobs that I made up on it, and apparently I went to uni in America somewhere

And my statuses are all really pointless, usually random lyrics or about how I hate various facebook features so no worries there Not really caring ftw

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
M2RTY

24th Aug 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for most of you I would be more bothered what you write on forums accessible to all
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people don't use their full proper name as their username though so it could be anyone really. Unless someone saw you posting and then decided to be stalker-ish enough to go on said site and look up your posts, but that's a lot more work than looking at your facebook page.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
mattk

24th Aug 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
1. Never add anyone from work, if you do make sure they are on a tight limited profile
2. Having your name changed slightly puts off searches on your name
3. Use a different email address that you used to send your CV/advertise as your private email address.

1 All non friends can see from me is my name in black and no picture
2 My name on there is Matty Kay
3 I use a made up email address

gives my great satisfaction pretending to be all s.a.s with my identity
ed

24th Aug 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there is anything bad on my Facebook page. I'm a good boy
JadeM
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother went for an interview for a promotion within the company he works for. At the end of it his boss said 'ermm we see you have a Bebo and that you've said....... 'Unfortunatley still working for blah blah blah nae luck!' He advised him to remove the comment! They had gone to the bother to check if he had a Bebo and what he'd been saying !!!!!!

He still got the promotion tho

Lawrah
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surley If your bebos and facebooks are private they cant view them ?
M2RTY

24th Aug 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

read page 1
Lawrah
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

read page 1

Yes I was talking about the other people who have said they get checked. Thanks for making me go back and read it again though.
Marc

24th Aug 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2 suspects now have no access to my status

Unless they feel inclined to use those websites on page 1 obviously
CorsAsh

24th Aug 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I generally say whatever I put about work on FB at work, so there's nothing to hide.

Head designer was ing at my "would rather be in Scotland" comment

[Edited on 24-08-2009 by CorsAsh]
Phi

24th Aug 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some twat at my work said what i had said on my fb, my manager didnt really care, just said be careful etc... deleted pretty much all of them on fb now, i know who it was though - no one likes him and he just is a snitch about everything and he like in his 40's he is an adult not a child - hes such a div! i dont speak him anymore anyway.... i have a few things i know about him that if he ever does anything like that again - he will regret it
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Aug 09 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be careful what you say. Deleting people doesn't help. There's always a route back, even via people who you think are more loyal to you. The solution is don't say anything that you wouldn't like reading back to you at any time in the future.

Whenever a student claims illness and skips a class I generally have their profile and pissed up pictures 10ft wide on a data projector to greet them next time they walk in the classroom.
Phi

24th Aug 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it was just him saying somthing i had said in my 'working time' on fb. even though i was actually on lunch! twat!!!
Tom G

24th Aug 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just be careful what you say. Deleting people doesn't help. There's always a route back, even via people who you think are more loyal to you. The solution is don't say anything that you wouldn't like reading back to you at any time in the future.

Whenever a student claims illness and skips a class I generally have their profile and pissed up pictures 10ft wide on a data projector to greet them next time they walk in the classroom.

Prof. Griffith??
GF-91
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Liam B

24th Aug 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your a teacher/lecturer Ian?
Limecat
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam B
Your a teacher/lecturer Ian?

No. He works in a care home in Jersey and examines children with mental health problems. Anything they say about him touching them inappropriately is a lie.

TBH, I had to go in a meeting last Thursday for someone that had put a comment on Facebook about work (I am a Union Rep, albeit not accredited yet) and the claims were fucking pathetic.

People are paid to go to work and do their job. They are not paid to love their job, they are paid to do it - simple. As long as you are not bringing the company into disrepute the employer would have to be pretty daft to sack you (if you have 12 months + continuous service) as they would get their arse handed to them.

[Edited on 24-08-2009 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

24th Aug 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can be done for anything you write on Facebook or things like that, as the information is classed as being in the public domain.

The main thing you can get them on is on what grounds the dismissal is for. Its very very easy to claim and win unfair dismissal these days as 99% of companies will not go down the correct procedures and will leave you with a wide open door to claim against them.
Limecat
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You can be done for anything you write on Facebook or things like that, as the information is classed as being in the public domain.

No you can't. You could say your boss is a cunt and you wouldn't even get disciplined (in theory).

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoThe main thing you can get them on is on what grounds the dismissal is for. Its very very easy to claim and win unfair dismissal these days as 99% of companies will not go down the correct procedures and will leave you with a wide open door to claim against them.

Again, a silly generalisation. If you knew the first thing about tribunal law you wouldn't post that. It can be quite simple to prove something on a minor point at a tribunal level but any payout is weighted, whereby they assess your blame on a percentage scale and reward accordingly.

Nevermind, what the fuck would I know? I'm only an acting Union rep. I have only been there, seen it and got the tee-shirt...
ed

24th Aug 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck work unions. Unions have been the death of industry in this country.
Cosmo

24th Aug 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

No you can't. You could say your boss is a cunt and you wouldn't even get disciplined (in theory).

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoThe main thing you can get them on is on what grounds the dismissal is for. Its very very easy to claim and win unfair dismissal these days as 99% of companies will not go down the correct procedures and will leave you with a wide open door to claim against them.

Again, a silly generalisation. If you knew the first thing about tribunal law you wouldn't post that. It can be quite simple to prove something on a minor point at a tribunal level but any payout is weighted, whereby they assess your blame on a percentage scale and reward accordingly.

Nevermind, what the fuck would I know? I'm only an acting Union rep. I have only been there, seen it and got the tee-shirt...

Aye, what the fuck would i know. Im only an employer of 45+ people
Limecat
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it shows you are very naive if you think someone could go online and say 'Cosmo is a twat' and that is grounds to sack someone. You are a tribunal waiting to happen.

Whilst I know you 'over-played' the percentage I do accept that certain people will win on a technicality, which IMO is wrong, however if they were that crap the employer should have fucked them off within 12 months and the likelihood of come back is about 0%.

P.S. 'You' or your parents? I have read things that suggest it is the latter.
J da Silva

24th Aug 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you two fags going to carry this on all night? Just assfuck each other and get it over with.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rumbled on Facebook 23 database queries in 0.1419969 seconds