corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware...
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Note how stalker has the bike on its side and doesnt have his leg stuck out like a sail. But hes obviously riding it wrong

And those tires are dogshit. 10 year old D207's are bollocks compared to new diablos or equivalent. Try a good tire and you will notice the difference and wonder how you managed with those old things.

Durrrr

SLICKS vs ROAD TYRES.

FLOWING CORNER Vs TIGHT HAIRPIN WITH WALL ON THE INSIDE (which is Mallory hairpin btw Radi).

10 year old D207's, wow they might not be so good as a super road practically slick, but for the ROAD where a bike gets used most of the time, if I were to be caught in a rainstorm, i'd rather have some tread, instead of shaving .0010 off a lap time.

Same old thing, again, you do talk some crap Its a NOVICE trackday, or did you miss that part where im claiming to be Rossi????

Flowing corner on road legal tires.

Your concerntrating on sticking your leg out for that KD rite of passage but your hindering your own speed by doing so. Relax more, stop being so stiff in your upper body, move around the bike more and less emphasis on riding with your knee out. I ride my tires right to the edge and grind out footpegs without having my knee down.

And no, D207 ceased production 10 years ago and tires have a shelf life of 5 years, after that they loose their properties and end up no good. I didnt go on a tire development and selection course to be told D207's are good tires for anything other than burning. Trust me, the new dual compound tires are nothing short of amazing in comparison - you wont know what your missing until you try them.

Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My god, get with it, if your cranked over like that, which i've done, and have rumble strips on the inside, which can rip your leg back, your not going to stick your leg out that far are you

And you say you know about bikes and racing... Your proving you really don't.

D207's stopped 10 years ago. Bummer, those few at my old mans help out bike shop must be that old.

And when the LE was MADE in 2002, and BRAND NEW tyres put on it then (its the 2nd set), they must have been mega old already.

As I say, talking rubbish.

Yes, lets sell our brand new flagship sports bike to re-brand and introduce th company back to the biking world.. its got top spec Ohlins, quick release look, made of carbon fibre and magnesium...

What tyres should we stick on it?

Meh, chuck anything on it. Make sure it was stopped in production in 1999, and chuck on whatever fits the bill.

I have dual compound tyres on my Bandit thanks.
DizzyRebel

26th Aug 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2001 mille came with D208's... the 207 ceased production in 2000 and was replaced with the D208 which was also shit. The 207's you buy now are NOS and shouldnt even be sold.

As for the crutchdogs photo, he has the bike right over and thats what i was pointing out, im fully aware rumble strips would rip your leg off.
richc

26th Aug 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can understand what dizzy is trying to say about the knee/lines. He is saying keep the leg in, and lean over more, for a tighter line

But you have more experience on a sports bike than me, so i will leave it at that

I like to hear the little 400's going for it
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
2001 mille came with D208's... the 207 ceased production in 2000 and was replaced with the D208 which was also shit. The 207's you buy now are NOS and shouldnt even be sold.

As for the crutchdogs photo, he has the bike right over and thats what i was pointing out, im fully aware rumble strips would rip your leg off.

Crutchlow is a professional paid rider.

I am a track day novice practicing my technique.

There are better tyres, I know this, i've already SAID this, but these tyres are not sh1t, they are fine, they done well, very well, im happy, end of story. They are NOT 10 year old tyres.

Rich, I know, but he hasn't gone about it decently, he's just come across as a badger, and im already here on this site, we don't need two of us

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by VXR]
jacko198

26th Aug 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go go power rangers.........

As long as you're having fun i guess
nathy_87

26th Aug 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a nice bike like yours, thats really nice.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously, an argument about tyres?
K3 VMU

26th Aug 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice stuff mate, cracking pics, i am wanting to do a track day on my cbr at knockhill.

your positioning on your bike is good, have you heard of "kissing the mirror" ? great technique and makes a big difference as shifting the upper part of your body helps more.

the knee is only out for an angle indicator really, but as Pedrosa proved the other week in the Moto GP, it can help you from lowsiding the bike ( for those that didnt see it, he had the whole weught of the bike on his right knee at roughly 110mph-ish :l
Nath

26th Aug 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Corsasport
fir3vip3r

26th Aug 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Corsasport

youll find most bikers argue about tyres, becuase it makes a MASSIVE difference
Nath

26th Aug 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo doesnt care. He's said that yet DizzyFool doesnt want to hear it. God, now I'm sticking up for Daimo....
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
nice stuff mate, cracking pics, i am wanting to do a track day on my cbr at knockhill.

your positioning on your bike is good, have you heard of "kissing the mirror" ? great technique and makes a big difference as shifting the upper part of your body helps more.

the knee is only out for an angle indicator really, but as Pedrosa proved the other week in the Moto GP, it can help you from lowsiding the bike ( for those that didnt see it, he had the whole weught of the bike on his right knee at roughly 110mph-ish :l

Deffo do it!!!!!!!!!

Yeah know of the kissing the mirror, but I took mine off, and tbh, this time I was more concentrating on braking, lines and such. Plenty to work on yet, track riding is SO different to road riding.

Agreed, i don't neeeed my knee out that far, but being a novice on track, its a good gauge to how low you are, how much further you can go, or not go
DaveyLC

26th Aug 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol @ you trying to get your knee down with the bike almost vertical.. I almost spat out my drink when I saw that... You ae a LEGEND!

Brands is quite a nice track for the bike, would love to have a crack myself

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by DaveyLC]
K3 VMU

26th Aug 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Lol @ you trying to get your knee down with the bike almost vertical.. I almost spat out my drink when I saw that... You ae a LEGEND!

Brands is quite a nice track for the bike, would love to have a crack myself

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by DaveyLC]

there is nothing wrong with his positioning? getting his knee out like that is perfect, get yourself setup for the corner and as i said an angle indicator
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were some people who literally had the bike vertical, and were hanging right off the side.

Little video Daddy in the background ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2cf8gPxHQ

mikenoncorsa

26th Aug 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are DaveyLC & DizzyRebel actually Rossi & Stoner in disguise. It was his first trackday, getting your knee down isn't the objective. If that positioning was better for him, then so be it. You don't just jump on a bike, go out on track and bang!! Knee down, sliding the back end in. Where's the pics of you on track, knee down foggy style??
Ben J

26th Aug 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
Are DaveyLC & DizzyRebel actually Rossi & Stoner in disguise. It was his first trackday, getting your knee down isn't the objective. If that positioning was better for him, then so be it. You don't just jump on a bike, go out on track and bang!! Knee down, sliding the back end in. Where's the pics of you on track, knee down foggy style??

I was thinking similar.
Carl

26th Aug 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full tilt like so......

Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RACERS who are racing, not on NOVICE trackdays.

2nd one is on slicks, also on a 125cc which is much much smaller and lighter.
Carl

26th Aug 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was posted as an example of the technique.

Also, 2 marks out of 3 on your observational skills.
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More aimed at another person in this post dude
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, girly arguments aside. I'm pretty sure on your first track day you wasn't giving it 100% as you didn't want to bin your new expensive bike
Carl

26th Aug 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit heavier....

Although the tag with that picture on his facebook reads. "just before a trip in the ambulance"

Definitely big respect for daring to take your new pride and joy out on track, but then again that is what they are for so it should be done. Also like you said, at least you know the is no possibility of there being a tractor/instant death around the corner!

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Carl]
Daimo B

27th Aug 09 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunatly u'd think that too, but a guy died last week on a trackday after he rode too fast on cold tyres, highsided it, and the bike hit him and killed him.

Still, rather be killed by my own bike than some donkey who pulls out without looking

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware... 22 database queries in 0.0174251 seconds