corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No tax

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No tax
Boycey

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Can't afford to tax it, but is willing to risk the chance of a fine that could potentially be a lot more than the tax

If you can't afford to tax it, find another method of transport.

Can't afford to tax it at the time!! I repeat at the time
Once you can afford to tax it then tax it and take the fines on the chin. If you can't afford the fines pay them up in installments which the court will allow you to do IF the DVLA take you to court. Unless you are loaded then they won't allow you to pay up in installments
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
My advice is drive wherever the fuck you want with no tax mate. Better to have a little stupid, puney fine than quit your job because you have no money for road tax.

Idiot

want to elaborate there mr?
I knew I couldn't say anything without the fucking do gooders coming out!
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Sep 09 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the police can do is report you to the DVLA, then the DVLA can fine
Pop

3rd Sep 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
My advice is drive wherever the fuck you want with no tax mate. Better to have a little stupid, puney fine than quit your job because you have no money for road tax.

Idiot

What is there to elaborate on? You are an idiot

Get a bus/train/bike/walk to work.
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
quote:
quote:

Idiot

What is there to elaborate on? You are an idiot

Get a bus/train/bike/walk to work.

And you are............?
If you can't afford road tax for your car you certainly won't be able to afford to get the bus or train to work. I couldn't anyway.
Like I said you can't say anything without faggots like you sticking your politically correct nose in.
a_j_mair

3rd Sep 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove around with no tax for a month as we didnt get a reminder as was a new vehicle and i never noticed

didnt get stopped so wasnt a problem

i wouldnt advise it though

i am such a good citizen i even got it dated to the end of previos tax

e points to me
Tommy L

3rd Sep 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And you are............?
If you can't afford road tax for your car you certainly won't be able to afford to get the bus or train to work. I couldn't anyway.
Like I said you can't say anything without faggots like you sticking your politically correct nose in.

Can't afford to get a bus? FLOL Tax is over £100, bus is going to be £10 for a week. If you can't afford that then how can you run a car on todays petrol prices? Also you would rather pay £90 (or whatever it is) in fines but can't even afford to get the bus?
Adam_B

3rd Sep 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You bus and trains round your way must be very expensive.

Do you even know what politically correct means? Its got fuck all to do with buying road tax I think your an idiot for knowing your tax has run out and rather pay the fine AND then the actual road tax. Its not like you pay the fine and they give you your tax is it?

Also im pretty sure if you have an accident and need to claim its just not going to happen if you have no road tax? Either way imo i just dont see the point in knowingly not paying your road tax (read do-gooder if your a moron)
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
And you are............?

Can't afford to get a bus? FLOL Tax is over £100, bus is going to be £10 for a week. If you can't afford that then how can you run a car on todays petrol prices? Also you would rather pay £90 (or whatever it is) in fines but can't even afford to get the bus?

You don't know where I live or where I work so where the hell dd you pluck 10 quid a week for the bus? Maybe in your situation mate! When I drive to work I spend roughly £100 a week on petrol. If I get the train it would cost me at least £30 a day (not including bus to train station etc) And if I was to get the bus then I wouldn't make my work on time and it would cost about the same as the train.

To sum up........car to work WITH tax = £220
car to work WITHOUT tax = £100
train to work = £150 Plus bus fares

Like I said take the fines on the chin IF you get any! Pay them up etc
Callum

3rd Sep 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont risk it, its just daft
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You bus and trains round your way must be very expensive.

Do you even know what politically correct means? Its got fuck all to do with buying road tax I think your an idiot for knowing your tax has run out and rather pay the fine AND then the actual road tax. Its not like you pay the fine and they give you your tax is it?

Also im pretty sure if you have an accident and need to claim its just not going to happen if you have no road tax? Either way imo i just dont see the point in knowingly not paying your road tax (read do-gooder if your a moron)

Your insurance isn't invalid if you drive with no tax so there's your first fail!
Secondly my method is certainly the non PC way of getting to work when your too skint to buy tax so therefor my method will recieve criticism from PC people like yourself!! Away and badger someone else!!
Tommy L

3rd Sep 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did pluck £10 from thin air, but thats what it would cost me to get to work in a week.

But it's not like you are given a days notice on tax. You're given a month, and in that month set aside £120 or whatever for tax. It's not difficult. Hell, if you are actually switched on you could save for it 6 months in advance. It's common sense.
Lisa

3rd Sep 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartyboy09
What would happen if i drive my car with no tax , cant afford it this week until next thursday.

Car is MOT'd
Car is insured

Also its sorn'd

do a search on google mate, no car is insured on the road un less it is taxed.

also i don't understand hopw you cant afford it, the way i have my tax you get to know at least 6 months before its due
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I did pluck £10 from thin air, but thats what it would cost me to get to work in a week.

But it's not like you are given a days notice on tax. You're given a month, and in that month set aside £120 or whatever for tax. It's not difficult. Hell, if you are actually switched on you could save for it 6 months in advance. It's common sense.

In hind sight yes! That's definitely what I should have done but I totally forgot about it and when I got the notice through I had to pay for other things. It's not as if I dodge my road tax every 6 months. I've paid mine on time everytime, it's just when it came around to buying my last one in April I think it was I was skint and risked it and got caught and don't regret it because my options were minimal. I don't advise people to go around driving with no tax for the hell of it but if your skint then you should risk it but face a fine when you get caught.
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
quote:
What would happen if i drive my car with no tax , cant afford it this week until next thursday.

Car is MOT'd
Car is insured

Also its sorn'd

also i don't understand hopw you cant afford it, the way i have my tax you get to know at least 6 months before its due

If this is true, which it definitley isn't, then why don't the police do people for driving with no insurance as well as no tax? Thank you and good night!
Lisa

3rd Sep 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Car is MOT'd
Car is insured

Also its sorn'd

If this is true, which it definitley isn't, then why don't the police do people for driving with no insurance as well as no tax? Thank you and good night!

Do a search on goole i said you fuckin cock and when cars get confiscated for no tax people have to take valid licence, tax and insurance......... i hope your parked at side of road and someone hits you cos you will get fuck all from your insurance and would deserve this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Callum

3rd Sep 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure your car isn't insured unless taxed, when I passed I wasnt taxed but was covered by insurance and had to have tax to be insured
Boycey

3rd Sep 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Car is MOT'd
Car is insured

Also its sorn'd

Do a search on goole i said you fuckin cock and when cars get confiscated for no tax people have to take valid licence, tax and insurance......... i hope your parked at side of road and someone hits you cos you will get fuck all from your insurance and would deserve this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm googling fuck all, like I've said already that is a load of shite now I'm not coming back to this thread to look at you talking shit!!
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Sep 09 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't get tax from a post office without an insurance document, you drive without tax and your insurance is void. Get the fucking point.
DizzyRebel

3rd Sep 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a £45 fine plus court costs. That is all.

It could be an £80 fine from the DVLA if you leave it longer than a month before you tax it again or sorn it, but if your taxing it next month its not really a problem.

Ive ran no end of cars without tax, if you get tugged just bullshit the copper that pulls you and tell him you taxed it online today and your waiting for the disc to come through. It wont show up on the system as it takes up to 4 weeks for the system to be updated. Usually they let you off with the benefit of the doubt, worst case scenario is they report to the DVLA that you are not displaying a valid tax disc and you get the said £45 fine plus court costs.

As for insurance being invalid, that is also bullshit. Your 3rd party cover is always in place regardless of the legality of your car, all it can affect is your comprehensive cover as there may be clauses in the policy to say that in the event of the policy holder making a claim the car must fit certain criteria, however the third party cover is never affected, ever. Its the same as all this if you dont declare mods your not insured bullshit - it only affects your comprehensive cover, not your 3rd party cover.

So to sum up, yes you should be ok to drive to work until you get paid. The probability of being pulled during rush hour is very slim and your just plain unlucky if you do. Just be careful of ANPR cameras as they will dish out a £45 fine every time you drive past one.
Pop

3rd Sep 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm googling fuck all, like I've said already that is a load of shite now I'm not coming back to this thread to look at you talking shit!!

Everyone else reads this as "Shit she's right and I now look like a fool. If I don't look it up on google then I can still pretend she isn't correct"
DizzyRebel

3rd Sep 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

Everyone else reads this as "Shit she's right and I now look like a fool. If I don't look it up on google then I can still pretend she isn't correct"

Shes wrong, and so is everyone else, making themselves look like fools and giving him shit just to join the do good gang. If they did the research and spoke to an insurance assessor they would soon find out that they are wrong and owe him an apology for being cunts.
Pop

3rd Sep 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
As for insurance being invalid, that is also bullshit. Your 3rd party cover is always in place regardless of the legality of your car, all it can affect is your comprehensive cover as there may be clauses in the policy to say that in the event of the policy holder making a claim the car must fit certain criteria, however the third party cover is never affected, ever. Its the same as all this if you dont declare mods your not insured bullshit - it only affects your comprehensive cover, not your 3rd party cover.

If you are restricted to 3rd party only it is as good as having no insurance. Guess what, if you crash you have no insurance for your car. They leave it as 3rd party so atleast the unlucky person you hit isn't going to be punished for your stupidity.
DizzyRebel

3rd Sep 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

If you are restricted to 3rd party only it is as good as having no insurance. Guess what, if you crash you have no insurance for your car. They leave it as 3rd party so atleast the unlucky person you hit isn't going to be punished for your stupidity.

For arguments sake though, you still hold the minimum amount of cover required by law to drive on a public highway. So the lad is right, and the doo gooders are wrong.

On a separate note: I never buy comprehensive cover, but thats because ive never owned a car worth over 5k before. If i had a bump id rather pay £500-£600 to get it repaired than have a £1000 hike in my premium plus a £500 excess to pay to fix it, or if it was a complete mess id set fire to it and say it was nicked. Fully comp is only worth having really if your car is worth in excess of 5k.

[Edited on 03-09-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Mobby

3rd Sep 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

For arguments sake though, you still hold the minimum amount of cover required by law to drive on a public highway. So the lad is right, and the doo gooders are wrong.

On a separate note: I never buy comprehensive cover, but thats because ive never owned a car worth over 5k before. If i had a bump id rather pay £500-£600 to get it repaired than have a £1000 hike in my premium plus a £500 excess to pay to fix it, or if it was a complete mess id set fire to it and say it was nicked. Fully comp is only worth having really if your car is worth in excess of 5k.

[Edited on 03-09-2009 by DizzyRebel]

Same here, 3rd party fire theft all the way

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No tax 22 database queries in 0.0127220 seconds