corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the punishment for driving with no seatbelt from the police?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the punishment for driving with no seatbelt from the police?
IntaCepta

User status: Offline
7th Sep 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually feel very uncomfortable driving without the seatbelt.
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IntaCepta
i actually feel very uncomfortable driving without the seatbelt.

True. But on the other hand i get very wound up when it doesnt uncoil as i stop and lean forwards to get a better view round a corner or something. The more wound up i get, the harder i pull, the more it locks up

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£60 fine, no points. give one out today
M2RTY

7th Sep 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant give out points as passengers are able to be fined
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it just went up a month or 2 ago from 30 quid to 60 quid. Harsh as fuck IMO but it is the law. Glad to see the police are clamping down on these hardcore criminals!
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
I'm sure it just went up a month or 2 ago from 30 quid to 60 quid. Harsh as fuck IMO but it is the law. Glad to see the police are clamping down on these hardcore criminals!

to be a criminal you have to commit a crime, driving without a seatbelt is an offence, not a crime
John

7th Sep 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seatbelt isn't really a harsh one, it could save your life and it's not difficult to put on.

They maybe shouldn't fine for it though, I don't really care if someone who isn't wearing one goes through the window as long as they aren't sitting behind me.
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:

to be a criminal you have to commit a crime, driving without a seatbelt is an offence, not a crime

Oh not you again Isn't it a criminal offence? Or is it a made up offence?
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a crime, as I stated no
Danny P

7th Sep 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
IIRC a criminal offence requires admission of guilt or to be found guilty in a court of law. That way it goes on your record.

As you can get a Fixed Penalty for no seat belt I dont think it counts as a Criminal Offence, or Crime, as it doesn't go on your record.

Not 100% sure mind.

[Edited on 07-09-2009 by Danny P]
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
IIRC a criminal offence requires admission of guilt or to be found guilty in a court of law. That way it goes on your record.

As you can get a Fixed Penalty for no seat belt I dont think it counts as a Criminal Offence, or Crime, as it doesn't go on your record.

Not 100% sure mind.

You get a criminal record for speeding and you don't have to go to court for that. I'm not sure if you get a criminal record for no seat belt though. Don't think so.
Danny P

7th Sep 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont get a criminal record if you accept the conditional offer of a Fixed Penalty, you just get the points.
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is what i said, its not a crime
K17STY

7th Sep 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lynny I suggest hitting your head off a brickwall. Think it would be easier
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You dont get a criminal record if you accept the conditional offer of a Fixed Penalty, you just get the points.

Wrong mate you get one regardless. Lots of people don't know that but you defo do. That's why they were trying to change the law a few years back. So that if you were just over the speed limit then you would only get 2 points and a £30 quid fine and no criminal record but it didn't get passed through parliament.
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Do you get people often with the no seat belt fine if your out and about? Not as in trying to fine as much people as you can but as in do you spot a lot of people?
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Do you get people often with the no seat belt fine if your out and about? Not as in trying to fine as much people as you can but as in do you spot a lot of people?

EDIT. This looks a bit jibberish but I hope you get what I'm trying to say
Danny P

7th Sep 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BoyceyWrong mate you get one regardless. Lots of people don't know that but you defo do. That's why they were trying to change the law a few years back. So that if you were just over the speed limit then you would only get 2 points and a £30 quid fine and no criminal record but it didn't get passed through parliament.

I work in the Fixed Penalty Office for West Yorkshire Police so I know for a fact you dont get a criminal record when you get a Fixed Penalty.

quote:
Fixed penalty notices
Fixed penalty notices are given for less serious offences such as parking tickets, speeding, graffiti and public disorder. Instead of prosecution, a fixed sum of money must be paid to a Magistrates' Court. Because the offence is assumed and there's no conviction you won't get a criminal record. You can also choose whether to pay the penalty or to contest the case.

Taken from: http://www.cjsonline.gov.uk/offender/community_sentencing/fine/

Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yeah quite a few, they tend to be also on mobile phones or when stopped/PNC check done, turns out theyre committing other offences, but its a silly lazy offence that catches our eye, same as when people have lights out etc. We dont have the time to just drive around and fine people as much as we can
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BoyceyWrong mate you get one regardless. Lots of people don't know that but you defo do. That's why they were trying to change the law a few years back. So that if you were just over the speed limit then you would only get 2 points and a £30 quid fine and no criminal record but it didn't get passed through parliament.

I work in the Fixed Penalty Office for West Yorkshire Police so I know for a fact you dont get a criminal record when you get a Fixed Penalty.

Do the CLE2/6's (red devil?) have a ticket number?? Putting one in the FPN book today and couldnt find it like you can on endorsables, £60'ers etc in top right
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY
Lynny I suggest hitting your head off a brickwall. Think it would be easier

It's been a head hitting day in general!

Ohohoh my little colt is becoming a real life stallion lol, hes starting mounting stuff!!
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:
Fixed penalty notices
Fixed penalty notices are given for less serious offences such as parking tickets, speeding, graffiti and public disorder. Instead of prosecution, a fixed sum of money must be paid to a Magistrates' Court. Because the offence is assumed and there's no conviction you won't get a criminal record. You can also choose whether to pay the penalty or to contest the case.

Taken from: http://www.cjsonline.gov.uk/offender/community_sentencing/fine/

Ok my bad maybe it is just if you end up in court and are convicted.
Danny P

7th Sep 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it is mate.

The Fixed Pen is just a condition offer. If you dont comply with the conditions (IE - Surrender your licence or pay within the time allowed) then the ticket is withdrawn and it goes through court. If your then found guilty then you'll get a record.

Alex - No idea about the ticket number thingy, I rarley see copies of tickets as all the info is already on the computer by the time I come to deal with my area of work.
Boycey

7th Sep 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye it is mate.

The Fixed Pen is just a condition offer. If you dont comply with the conditions (IE - Surrender your licence or pay within the time allowed) then the ticket is withdrawn and it goes through court. If your then found guilty then you'll get a record.

Ah I see. Oh well that's good news as I shouldn't have a criminal record.
Lynny

7th Sep 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can contact your local force and find out if you do quite easily

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the punishment for driving with no seatbelt from the police? 23 database queries in 0.0167320 seconds