corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Reo-Coker

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reo-Coker
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I was so glad when the wee Irish bastard left Celtic. If one thing infuriated me more than being beaten by them, it was his wee jump whenever they scored

FLOL

His little 1ft of the floor jump where he throws both arms up in a rigid motion, only then to walk back to the bench!

Aye It drove me absolutely demented with rage
Nath

19th Sep 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Cosmo I backed you up and don't even get a thanks.

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by Nath]
Marc

19th Sep 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were demonstrating how Liverpool are a feeder club though, right?
Nath

19th Sep 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spose
Robbo

19th Sep 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I was so glad when the wee Irish bastard left Celtic. If one thing infuriated me more than being beaten by them, it was his wee jump whenever they scored

FLOL

His little 1ft of the floor jump where he throws both arms up in a rigid motion, only then to walk back to the bench!

Aye It drove me absolutely demented with rage
u realise that mon is northern irish, and therefore a hun?
Hammer

19th Sep 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've been living in the south for too long Robbo
Robbo

19th Sep 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said it in a way that showed hatred towards the green side of Ireland Rob I was just calling him by his nationality, but no, I didn't know it was Northern Ireland!
Robbo

19th Sep 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not bothered, I was just pointign it out lol
J da Silva

19th Sep 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man is a great manager, not just anyone could have done what he has done at Villa, and fairplay for not taking shit from arrogant average championship standard players.
Boycey

20th Sep 09 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a catholic so how does that make him a hun you douche baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag?!?!
Robbo

20th Sep 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MON is awesome... and so glad he's a our club along with Randy Lerner

They have built a strong and exciting team with the majority of them being young, English players.

Yes, we have spend alot of money but I dont think we have paid good prices for good players instead of shed loads for average players. Young is worth double his worth... Milner, well some Newcastle fans came onto the villa boards and thanked us for the 12million well I thank them for selling us a top draw player who's committed to the club

I cant really think of a big signing which MON has made which has flopped. Yeah, he has signed the likes of Maloney, Salifou etc but they are hardly worth mentioning due to their price tags unlike the millions wasted on players like David Bentley

Back on topic.... I really hope we can keep NRC but he missed the pompey and cardiff game so I think its game over for him at villa park

pew pew pew pewwwww
12vStig

25th Sep 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
I cant really think of a big signing which MON has made which has flopped. Yeah, he has signed the likes of Maloney, Salifou etc but they are hardly worth mentioning due to their price tags unlike the millions wasted on players like David Bentley

Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Luke Young, Heskey,

about 30m worth of talent there that i would consider have flopped
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
I cant really think of a big signings which MON has made which has flopped. Yeah, he has signed the likes of Maloney, Salifou etc but they are hardly worth mentioning due to their price tags unlike the millions wasted on players like David Bentley

Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Luke Young, Heskey,

about 30m worth of talent there that i would consider have flopped

I think you missed the part in bold... I agree with you that Shorey and Heskey have been poor however they are no way big signings for villa! They have a combines value of what... 7-8 million and are nothing more than squad players

As its a Friday and I have jack all else to do other than drink my beer and watch TV, I shall detail my views on each of those players listed...

Cuellar - is a decent defender. He cost us £7.8million, IMO thats nothing when you have the likes of Lescott going for over £20million. Rangers fans thought the world of him, obviously the premiership is a more difficult league to play in so Cuellar hasnt shined like he did up in scotland, however that doesnt mean he's a poor defender. Definitely not a flop

Davies - still a young defender. Yeah, we probably paid 3-4million more than we should have but he was WBA's best player at the time so had no chance of getting him for peanuts. Davies is a good defender but has been hit with injuries just as he's hit form. Not a flop IMO

Shorey - IIRC cost around £4million. We were desperate for a left back with Bouma out so went for Shorey. He's had a disappointing start but, funny enough, has put in some good performances since Warnock's arrival. Flopped in 1st season, doing much better this season

Luke Young - Signed for £6million. I think boro signed him a season before for £3million or something but MON missed out. Yeah, we'd had to pay a few more million on top to bring him to the club, but he has been one of MON's best signings. Last season he played a few games a left back as Shorey was pretty poor, and Luke was bloody good there. Honestly, he is a good signing!!!

Heskey - signed for £3.5m, thats jack all in the premiership. We needed another 'big man' type of striker to support Gabby if and when Carew gets injury - and thats likely! Yeah, he hasnt shown much for us yet but its not like he cost us a bomb. Flopped so far but we didnt really have much expectation from him anyway

My point being, MON has been extremely good when it comes to big money' signings. He hasnt gone out and played ridiculous amount of money on one player who has just sat on the bench aka Bentley, Darren Bent when he was at Spurs. MON has slowly build up a squad which I'm extremely pleased with and can see us going far in this pretty demanding division.

pew pew pew pewwwww
12vStig

25th Sep 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im just a bitter bluenose...

i can fully understand your points that some of those players arent big players for you etc BUT at the same time if they had performed MON would be hailed as a genius snapping up players and moulding them into world class superstars ala young, milner who cost 10m+

you get what you pay for, spending 10m on potential generally wields results, wheras gambling with lesser sums can be hit and miss... for every NRC there will be a Barry Ferguson
Carl

26th Sep 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MON is an awesome manager, one of the best out there imo. 3.5million for a still England international, you can't grubble at that. ok he will not set the world on fire but that isn't is job.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Reo-Coker 24 database queries in 0.0146070 seconds