corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Radical Smash road car record at the Nurburgring again

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radical Smash road car record at the Nurburgring again
John

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I took some race car and made it road legal you would be quite happy for it to claim the title of fastest road legal lap?

What does the radical have to make it road legal out of interest? Indicators and road tyres?
Cosmo

22nd Sep 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm betting it would stall before you got it onboard the tunnel.

OK, Im betting I could employ Schumacher to drive an F1 car from my house to the Nurburgring...
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
So if I took some race car and made it road legal you would be quite happy for it to claim the title of fastest road legal lap?

What does the radical have to make it road legal out of interest? Indicators and road tyres?

i dont make the rules john, the car needs to be type approved and go through all the required testing, im just some bloke on a internet forum, ask the department of transport

the car is a road car, driven to and from the track, legally, dont see the issue
John

22nd Sep 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the Caterham R500 the rest of the topgear cars could driven to work.
Cosmo

22nd Sep 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

i dont make the rules john, the car needs to be type approved and go through all the required testing, im just some bloke on a internet forum, ask the department of transport

the car is a road car, driven to and from the track, legally, dont see the issue

My original post didnt dispute it was a road car.

I just think you can now class road cars in to two different classes, your normal everyday road car, and your road race car.
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Apart from the Caterham R500 the rest of the topgear cars could driven to work.

1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo Sport Apart from a roof whats the diffrence
1:17.3 - Ascari A10 Apart from a roof whats the diffrence
1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with The Top Gear Wing)
1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda F Roadster
1:17.9 - Caterham Seven R500 (cold tyres)[6] Same
1.18:3 - Bugatti Veyron
1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
1:18.9 - Maserati MC12 Apart from a roof whats the diffrence
1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
1:19.0 - Ferrari Enzo
1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300 [7] same if not worse
1:19.7 - Nissan GT-R
1:19.7 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia
1:19.8 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP640
1:19.8 - Porsche Carrera GT
1:20.4 - Koenigsegg CCX (without Spoiler)[8][9]
1:20.7 - Ascari KZ1 (damp) Apart from a roof whats the diffrence
1:20.9 - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Sep 09 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's either road legal or its not.
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

apprently not according to some...........
Cosmo

22nd Sep 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

apprently not according to some...........

No, you're not getting what Im saying.

Yes its road legal, I know that and not trying to say it shouldn't be.

What Im saying is its not really your every day use sort of road legal car with which its probably competing with for that record. it is more your road race type of car.
John

22nd Sep 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must have missed the posts debating whether it was road legal or not

I hadn't spotted some of the ones you pointed out there jr, if it's as impratical as the radical is then the same applies yes.
Ojc

22nd Sep 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Germans type approved it as well, so getting them bastards to say it's road legal must have been hard work.
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it could be driven on the road if you wanted to take it to work

weather or not the car suits your jorney is not the issue, if you WANTED to drive it on the public highway to work you could

[Edited on 22-09-2009 by jr]
Cosmo

22nd Sep 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
but it couldbe driven on the road if you wanted to take it to work

weather or not the car suits your drive is not the issue, if you WANTED to drive it on the public highway to work you could

FFS stop trying to argue the point like Im saying it should not be road legal. Yes I agree if you wanted to drive it daily for 10,000 miles a day you could.

What I am saying is they should really now differentiate between these types of road race cars (which is what it is), and your standard type of road cars.

Just out of interest, what are the top 5/10 fastest 'road car' laps and what cars?
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS how do you define a standard road car
M2RTY

22nd Sep 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be able to carry 2 adults plus a large suitcase and keep them dry to be a proper road car

then diff class for road legal race cars

then race cars not road legal
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
[
Just out of interest, what are the top 5/10 fastest 'road car' laps and what cars?

Production vehicles
Length Time Vehicle Driver Date Notes
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 6:48 Radical SR8LM Michael Vergers 19 August 2009 Radical Sportscars[1][2]
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 6:55 Radical SR8 Michael Vergers 28 September 2005 Radical Sportscars[3] Timed by Sport Auto [4][5][6]
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:11.5 Gumpert Apollo Speed Florian Gruber 13 August 2009 Sport auto (Germany) (Article)
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:22.1 Dodge Viper ACR (2009) Tom Coronel 18 August 2008 Chrysler conducted test,[7] Motor Trend confirmed, Hardcore Package option, suspension adjustments,[8] aero adjustments, video confirmed, driver: Tom Coronel (NED).
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:24.3 Maserati MC12 Marc Basseng August 2008 Evo Magazine conducted test
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:24.7 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport Marc Basseng August 2008 Evo Magazine conducted test
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:25.3 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari Marc Basseng August 2008 Evo Magazine conducted test
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (2009) Jim Mero 27 June 2008 General Motors conducted test,[9][10][11] base specification car with stock tires and non-stock safety equipment, video confirmed. Driver: Jim Mero (GM Engineer), June 2008. Also, Sport Auto[12] published results of Horst von Saurma obtaining 7:38 on Michelin tires
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:26.70 Nissan GT-R (2010) Toshio Suzuki 23 April 2009 Nissan Motors conducted test..[13]
20,832 m (68,350 ft) 7:27.82 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport Marc Basseng September 2007 Pagani conducted test,[14][15] semi-wet conditions[citation needed]
20,600 m (68,000 ft) 7:28.71 Porsche Carrera GT Walter Röhrl 2 July 2004 Autobild (07/04) [15]

Race car in qualifying
20,832 m 6:11.13 Porsche 956 Gr. C Stefan Bellof 28 May 1983 n/a 2nd qualifier (and winner) in same event (202.073 km/h)

[Edited on 22-09-2009 by jr]
jr

22nd Sep 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
should be able to carry 2 adults plus a large suitcase and keep them dry to be a proper road car

then diff class for road legal race cars

then race cars not road legal

have you not met germans

Road Car
Race Car

they wont make it more difficult for themselves for no reason
Cosmo

22nd Sep 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
have you not met germans

Road Car
Race Car

they wont make it more difficult for themselves for no reason

We won the war, they can do as we say tbh.
ed

22nd Sep 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is one serious machine
antnee

22nd Sep 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had a Radical or Caterham I would drive them to work

You couldn't really define road race cars to a road car, like someone suggested about 2 adults and a large suitcase which lots of supercars would struggle to fit in.
lostboy
Banned

22nd Sep 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What I am saying is they should really now differentiate between these types of road race cars (which is what it is), and your standard type of road cars.

There is no such thing as a road race car, as racing on public roads is illegal (unless they have a set up like the Nurburgring) this is a road legal car just like all other road legal cars, only it is designed as a two seat sports car, like an Ariel Atom, weekend fun car that is already prepared to take on the track.
Cosmo

23rd Sep 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:

There is no such thing as a road race car, as racing on public roads is illegal (unless they have a set up like the Nurburgring) this is a road legal car just like all other road legal cars, only it is designed as a two seat sports car, like an Ariel Atom, weekend fun car that is already prepared to take on the track.

FFS read the posts first. Of course its a road car, no one is arguing that fact, but its a race car thats then been designed to pass some tests to be allowed on the road, rather than a road car that has then been designed to go fast on the track.
taylorboosh

23rd Sep 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would drive that to work and day in day out.

i understand cosmos point i really do, but tbh, its not radicals fault that other manufacturers didnt make a track orientated car, its road legal so there for the same class, no different to that blue red top thing on here
whitter45

23rd Sep 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:

FFS read the posts first. Of course its a road car, no one is arguing that fact, but its a race car thats then been designed to pass some tests to be allowed on the road, rather than a road car that has then been designed to go fast on the track.

so its a road car - get over it

Yes its not practical but by the letter of the law its a road car

Ojc

23rd Sep 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs a laptop to start it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Radical Smash road car record at the Nurburgring again 22 database queries in 0.0141969 seconds