corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture
dannymccann

User status: Offline
6th Oct 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he has his biscuits that he loves but hes just left it on the floor. Ive got jumbones in the cupboard which he seems to like but no choc drops or ought like that small, I thought he will starve himself until he feels better and he will eat when he feels like it? Ive left his food out where he knows where it is....
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he drinking water?

Put it this way - if you ate something dodgy and you felt like shit, you wouldn't really feel up to eating your usual foods?
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Ive just offered him a Jumbone, normally he jumps off the floor to get one but hes not even bothered about them. Ive just refilled his water bowl and hes not even bothered about that

He had a bit of water this morning but apart from that I havent seen him drink.....
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as he is at least drinking some water he will be OK, he's probably just getting over the adverse reaction of whatever he's eaten plus the fact that he's anxious.

He will probably be OK in a day or so, just keep an eye on him and make sure he is at least drinking water as he will dehydrate otherwise.

Leave his favourites treats out, if he wants to eat he'll eat them.

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage though mate.
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Sam, Im just letting him sleep, he seems happy doing that. Ive put together a diary this morning just in case I do need to go to the vet with in towards the end of the week. It was nice this morning though to see him make a bit of progress with his voice getting better, I didnt sleep too well last night knowing he wasnt too well!
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let us/me know how he gets on!
swill_omnibus

6th Oct 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this. Seems like the plant just gave him a dodgy stomach.

Let him just digest the rest of the toxins and see if he'll drink and should be ok. Try some raw veg to help his digestion ie: carrots, apple (no core) and banannas
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, I finally got him to eat a biscuit through lots of coaxing, once he found out he liked it he had about 4 more, and then went to his bowl and was drinking constantly for a minute straight. He seems to be in higher spirits now and weve been out for a long walk where again he was good. He still sounds bunged up and hes back to sleep again but I left him for about 45 minutes earlier to get some shopping for tonight, I came back and he was jumping up me and trying his best to talk to me so he seems alright now, just getting over it slowly

What sort of raw veg do they really like then?
swill_omnibus

6th Oct 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well depends on the dog, but the raw veg is part of my dogs diet (BARF)

So it's all raw meat, veg and bones.

But I just give mine carrots, apples, banannas, pears, anything really, except fruits with seeds as the seeds are toxic and some fruit skins (like apples)
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I peeled a carrot for him and chopped it in half so he would have something to gnaw on but he wasnt having it, he decided it would be funnier to look like he was eating it then leave it in small bits everywhere
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our dogs like eating carrots, leek, green beans, tomatoes from our tomato plants , their own poo and dog food...
andys sxi
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tryed giving him boiled rice, scrambled egg, or boiled chicken thats what the vets tell us to give our dog if hes ill

April 08 feature car
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I havent given him any 'human' food for fear of making him more ill! He's first dog so don't want to make him ill through my own ignorance. He's getting better of his own accord now anyway, he took a particular shine to the annoying EON sales people this afternoon
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That picture looks like bile/stomach acid, does he wee a lot?drink more than average? can he hold his wee in or does he do it around the house? check his mouth for ulcers, under his lips etc.
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes don't feed your dog human chocolate BTW
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I know about human chocolate, but nothing much else. He can hold his piss really well, will go for one before bed (1030pm) and will go again in the morning before his walk (645am) and during his walk. He hasnt once cocked in the house, and if he has hes disguised the stain and scent of it immaculately

I think he drinks and wee's a normal amount tbh! He doesnt really take very well to someone else opening his mouth for him to check for ulcers, but I would assume if he had something on there he would be scratching and not leaving his face alone?
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since you've had him have you had him at the vets for a thorough check up? bloods and urine sample?

I'm not aying anything is wrong but it's worth it, we never caught Mollys problems in time and you know what happened to her, again I'm not saying anything is wrong with him but it would give you peace of mind. I take Harry every 6 months now for every test possible, just so we know he's in tip top form. It costs a fortune but it's worth it. If I was you I'd feed him white rice and boiled chicken for a week to try and settle his stomach.
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think he's got anything serious, just a bad reaction to the plant he's eaten that's all. He'll be fine, trust me, our 2 have eaten worse things and they're greyhounds - i.e. more susceptible to being ill than your dog!
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dog likes frogs, they tend to give him the shits though
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan, I'll hold off on the checkups for now, give nature a bit of time to work its magic before I go doing anything serious like that.

I might try the rice and chicken thing, what sort of chicken? A whole one boiled in a big pot (how long??) or breasts, or chicken wings / legs?
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we just get breats and cut it up into small pieces and boil it, Harry loves it. It's really good for sorting out dodgy stomachs.
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fine Ill give it a go next time I get to a supermarket, cant imagine boiled chicken would be very nice for me to eat with him
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Judging by the picture of his sick he's trying to heave something up as he brought no food up, that's why it's just bile, dogs eat grass/plants when they feel unwell.
dannymccann

6th Oct 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had no food left in him, he threw it all up during the day so I took it all away from him, so he could carry on throwing up until he got up what he wanted/needed to, I'm thinking that was the right thing to do, if I had let him carry on eating food he would still be throwing food up and not getting up those leaves I think
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be as simple as something stuck in his throat, I wouldn't worry anyway

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ill Dog - UPDATE with queezy picture 23 database queries in 0.0140960 seconds