corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA Ban on engine conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVLA Ban on engine conversions
gez bay

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scott d

10th Oct 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
DVLA are also saying that your car will fail an mot if it is not a standard exhaust system on your car

sadly true

my astra failed because it had an exhaust system that's a bit louder than standard, its a cat back system with a centre silencer and a large back box. I had to have another MOT at a different garage and he'd only pass it if I agreed to say the exhaust system was fitted after the MOT
gez bay

10th Oct 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guessing you didn't agree
scott d

10th Oct 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the standard exhaust back on and refitted the stainless without going near a toolbox all within an hr
ste_p23

10th Oct 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scott d
quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
DVLA are also saying that your car will fail an mot if it is not a standard exhaust system on your car

FFS how pathetic is this shit really?
sand-eel

10th Oct 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I think some work garages do, need a written inspection from the owner to see how shit the work is or isn't.
Mark.W

10th Oct 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad i got my conversion all done & declared before this shit comes in.
Raz18

10th Oct 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if you've had a conversion or done any of the things they are banning before the ban comes in, are you ok to keep the mods.

also regarding the suspension, is this going to ban lowering?
andyc1234

10th Oct 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate just registered his x16 nova and they asked for a garage receipt. Expecting it with mine as well not exactly hard to make up a piece of headed paper or a friendly garage to sort one out for you theres ways round everything
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all a load of fuckin shit really then,so like 40% of cars on the road will be illegal in 2010?
chrex

11th Oct 09 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is all a fucking joke!

as said...there is gonna be a shit load of illegal cars, and there are going to be alot of businesses going down because of these rules.

How can they warrant that at a time when the economy is already 'low'. fucking dickheads that dont think about what they are actually gonna be doing, and the impact it will have.

lets all drive around in new cars which all look the same and have the build quality of a big-mac! Pisses me off so much!

most of the coppers i know have modded cars themselves, and so how can it all be enforced fairly? is bollocks.
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ingram11
all a load of fuckin shit really then,so like 40% of cars on the road will be illegal in 2010?

yes, according to sources if you read them all cars with engine conversions will be unable to apply for road tax with out having the vehicle checked and certificated like the sva test for kit cars. any garage that mot's a car with an engine conversion will have a new section on the mot to confirm via the dvla database if the car has a certificate for its conversion. if not, they have to refuse the mot and contact vosa who can conficate your vehicle at your expense and unless proof can be verified that its a legit conversion, the car will be scrapped. its dvla and vosa's way of getting people out of older car and into more modern and safer ones. basically means if you modify an older car between now and next year, you might aswell have set fire to the cash as the car is going to only be useful on track days or private land.

source taken from easportsfootball.com/fifa2010
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So powerflow and exhaust uk will be straight down then if they bring in that exhaust rule?
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep and many others.

edit, the exhaust noise rule has actually been about for a few years. its the mot mans discresion if he passes a loud car or not.

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by Nic Barnes]
BarnshaW

11th Oct 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
yep and many others.

edit, the exhaust noise rule has actually been about for a few years. its the mot mans discresion if he passes a loud car or not.

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by Nic Barnes]

where was this info from?
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its part of the mot. has been for a couple of years about exhaust noise. so its info from dvla and vosa etc.
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean the bit about standard exhaust system been a must,not right at all
ed

11th Oct 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Define standard. A pattern part isn't the standard exhaust, yet you will still pass with one. If it's not noisy and still has the catalytic converter fitted they wont have a problem with it.
bigjim172000

11th Oct 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The goverment cannot let this happen. The economic impact of all the modified component manufacturers going tits up will be collosal. Think of it, its insane. Wont ever happen, BUT they will be hot on the engine conversions. Weve seen some seriously dangerous ones on the MOT bay. They will just regulate it in such a way only a garage can do it.
bigjim172000

11th Oct 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and one more point. DVLA cannot bring this in. Only VOSA can. VOSA are responsible for what vehicles get on the road, NOT dvla
matthew172

11th Oct 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just scrapped my let engine, not gonna be much use to me if the dvla are bringing all these new laws in, looks like standard engine will be going back in
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all a bit depressing lol,not 1 of my cars has been standard height,ive even lowered my work van hehe,hope they dont start getting stupid
oceansoul

11th Oct 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the fact that so many people do engine conversions and then dont declare them has something to do with it. Also the fact that many of them are shit jobs (as said) and are just plain dangerous.

But you just have to live with it. If you look at some countries, its allready uber hard to drive a modded car as there is so much legal shit going on. If ya wanna drive a faster car, buy a faster car or emmigrate lol

Granted, this country is going to shit
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to be getting my car up for sale soon. would rather cash in now than struggle to sell something that cant be driven on the roads next year. my car is lowered and has an engine conversion and my daily job is as a delivery driver so i cant afford to get 12 points just for owning the car as id lose my job.
jay26

11th Oct 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of bullshit

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA Ban on engine conversions 22 database queries in 0.0169561 seconds