corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Strike

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Royal Mail Strike
Hammer

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
I was waiting on a very important package today, and it came. Much to my surprise

Why the fuck have you bought 50 grams of Mephedrone?
Danny P

22nd Oct 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
I was waiting on a very important package today, and it came. Much to my surprise

Why not
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
They get paid decent money for the hours they do.

Yer someone at work used to be a posty. Said its good pay for what it is and its a nice job out and about etc

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
mattk

22nd Oct 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate and his dad are both posties, he lives on the same street as me, we leave work at around the same time, give or take 15 mins, when I was on the dole he would nip round at 11 - 11:30 am after he had finished and more often than not his dad would be finished too, he has absolutly nothing to moan at, what its like for the people behind the scenes I dont know, but from the accounts of 2 posties who have both said their self this strike will do no good
Adam_B

22nd Oct 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand why they are even on more than min wage? Its not a difficult job is it?
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
We got our post today.

TBH if you knew what the posties get paid to deliver our mail you would probably feel more sympathetic to their cause!
They should have tried harder at school
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. They are taking already organised piles of letters out of a bag and putting it through a hole in someone's door, I could train Doyle to do that sort of job.
mattk

22nd Oct 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they get paid good money for what they do
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that the fact that they are striking because the company is trying to modernise shows how low the average IQ of the workforce actually is.
fir3vip3r

22nd Oct 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Exactly. They are taking already organised piles of letters out of a bag and putting it through a hole in someone's door, I could train Doyle to do that sort of job.

i agree with your point.

but the letters arent organised no matter what the papers may have told you
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

i agree with your point.

but the letters arent organised no matter what the papers may have told you

I havent read the papers, I just see my mail man look through his pile to where my letters end and next doors begin and he gives me them.

I dont see a big bag full of mixed up letters that he has to go through and get all of mine out.
Adam_B

22nd Oct 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

organised or not you dont need a degree and loads of experience to a read an address
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I dont understand why they are even on more than min wage? Its not a difficult job is it?

Glorified paper round

I used to get £20 a week for mine

Adam_B

22nd Oct 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bang on actually! In fact no, a paper round is harder as you have to use your own bike/legs, no lush combo van for them guys! Sack anyone that goes on strike imo, then give their jobs to the Polish, theres enough of them and the fuckers will do pretty much anything for min wage.

yeah im waiting for something to be delivered today/tomorrow otherwise i wouldnt care

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by Adam_B]
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here I want my lower brace for my car as I was going to fit it this weekend

p4uls corsa

22nd Oct 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
They get paid decent money for the hours they do.

Yer someone at work used to be a posty. Said its good pay for what it is and its a nice job out and about etc

plus theres the flyers they post they get paid for each one posted usually 3 a week to every door on the round can give an extra 30-45 a week on top of basic wage well thats what i got when i was doing it about 3 years ago
p4uls corsa

22nd Oct 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

thats not true the postman has to organise the mail for there route before they leave. the mail only comes into the depo as mail for that area not pre sorted routes, it that takes a couple of hours before you leave the depo to sort the mail into the route its not just walking streets delivering the mail i did it for 2 years and would not do it again its a crap job walking streets in all weather getting shit off customers cause something has not come ect 9 out of 10 people that start the job dont last more than a few weeks
p4uls corsa

22nd Oct 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
bang on actually! In fact no, a paper round is harder as you have to use your own bike/legs, no lush combo van for them guys! Sack anyone that goes on strike imo, then give their jobs to the Polish, theres enough of them and the fuckers will do pretty much anything for min wage.

yeah im waiting for something to be delivered today/tomorrow otherwise i wouldnt care

again that is crap most postmen from are old depo walk to there drops or if you start a distance away will get a lift to your first drop most rounds will cover around 5- 8 miles of walking and then you have to make your own way back
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p4uls corsa
plus theres the flyers they post they get paid for each one posted usually 3 a week to every door on the round can give an extra 30-45 a week on top of basic wage well thats what i got when i was doing it about 3 years ago
And that's illegal, plus it's fucking annoying, littering my fucking postbox with crap I don't want
p4uls corsa

22nd Oct 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

again that is crap most postmen from are old depo walk to there drops or if you start a distance away will get a lift to your first drop most rounds will cover around 5- 8 miles of walking and then you have to make your own way back

its not just 1 bag of mail i did between 5 and 8 bags a day at 15-20kg
Wrighty

22nd Oct 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

to feed his plants
p4uls corsa

22nd Oct 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
And that's illegal, plus it's fucking annoying, littering my fucking postbox with crap I don't want

not illegal mate its just paid on top of your wage as the companys pay for it delivering seperate to the mail still has to be delivered same as the mail as its been paid for like you put a stamp on your letter they pay for them posting by the area

each round has a different amount of drops and some times different flyers so paid by the flyer you deliver somthing like 1.5p per flyer posted
ed

22nd Oct 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, thought you meant you were flyer dropping 'on the side'.
harrisp

22nd Oct 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was waiting on a very important package today, and it came. Much to my surprise.

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by BluKoo]

Nearly £700 is that?

Send me a free sample
Danny P

22nd Oct 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of intrest, where did you order that from?

U2U if you'd rather

EDIT - Just seen it on the statement

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by Danny P]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Strike 23 database queries in 0.0284209 seconds