corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Postal Strike

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Postal Strike
SVM 286

User status: Offline
28th Oct 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck. That.
All Torque

28th Oct 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its non-skilled labour right? And they're putting on temps that have been out of work for months to cover shifts. And posties get £35k a year where as the temps are a lot cheaper and do the same work?

If I was a postman I'd shut the fuck up about all the striking before they sack me and give my job to the temp.

No sympathy at all, infact I almost advise the Royal Mail to strike because DHL and TNT are doing a fantastic job at the moment anyways
fir3vip3r

28th Oct 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Its non-skilled labour right? And they're putting on temps that have been out of work for months to cover shifts. And posties get £35k a year where as the temps are a lot cheaper and do the same work?

If I was a postman I'd shut the fuck up about all the striking before they sack me and give my job to the temp.

No sympathy at all, infact I almost advise the Royal Mail to strike because DHL and TNT are doing a fantastic job at the moment anyways

35k fucking hell, i was well under paid at £20k last year then, best go see them about that 15k they owe me...

and most of tnt mail comes through royal mail!!!!!
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 09 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If you could get away with getting paid an hours wage for half an hours work then you would.
As would anyone, but they then wouldn't be in a position to complain when the company realises that its throwing money away.
Nath

28th Oct 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
It's very annoying as im waiting for a v5, so we can tax a car
Cavey

29th Oct 09 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
If you could get away with getting paid an hours wage for half an hours work then you would.
As would anyone, but they then wouldn't be in a position to complain when the company realises that its throwing money away.

I agree with that, it's all double standards within the company though. They're trying to save money, but will happily ship 30 managers around the country, but them up in 4 star hotels and pay them double. As well as some of the bigwigs getting millions in bonuses.

And £35k a year, where the fuck did you pull that figure from? Unless they get paid £15 an hour in London, which I doubt. Manager might be on that much, but the average postie is probably on £20-25k. That is still a lot for un-skilled work i'll admit that. Which is why i'm personally happy with my job. I only took it as there was nothing else around, and there still isn't anything i'd rather go into, so i'm still here
richardworrall
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there not happy with the working conditions, sack em and give their job to someone who wants one, theres plenty to choose from out there who be more than happy to have any job.
ed

29th Oct 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boycott Royal Mail. If I were running a business and was relying on their services to deliver packages I'd take my business elsewhere and never come back. I saw on the news a company which paid Royal Mail £1m a year and has now taking his business elsewhere, the manager was saying that he doubts he will go back to using them. Good on him I say.

Fuck 'em all.
dannymccann

29th Oct 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree with that, it's all double standards within the company though. They're trying to save money, but will happily ship 30 managers around the country, but them up in 4 star hotels and pay them double. As well as some of the bigwigs getting millions in bonuses.

This sums up the problem of the government entirely - the people behind the scenes who tell others what to tell others what to tell others what to do are getting inexplicably high rewards for not doing much, and then the little guys at the bottom end up taking all the flak while the big guys, while they may lose their job, have these 'golden handshake' agreements which means they are set for life anyway.

Terrible state of play to be in tbh
Ojc

29th Oct 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
if there not happy with the working conditions, sack em and give their job to someone who wants one, theres plenty to choose from out there who be more than happy to have any job.

Amen, fucking lost all sympathy with them.

They are moaning when nurses are having to work all hours of the day.
ed

29th Oct 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack the lot of them and give their jobs to Polish immigrants.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Postal Strike 22 database queries in 0.0124879 seconds