corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sleeping at work

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sleeping at work
SetH

User status: Offline
17th Nov 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STI buckets arent the best things to sleep on, managed 20 mins i think but feel worse

Sure I read somewhere that if you dont have at least 3 hours theres no point even trying.
Jenko_Sport

17th Nov 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had 20 min power naps before.

Fallen asleep when ive gone for a shit when i used to do nights at a petrol station
Nath

17th Nov 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power naps make me feel worse. I got home from work once, felt quite tired so I laid on my bed flicking through the channels on TV. Then I woke up about an hour later and had no idea what day it was or if it was am or pm. Really fucked me up for a moment. Felt even more knackered after too.
AndyKent

17th Nov 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Power naps make me feel worse. I got home from work once, felt quite tired so I laid on my bed flicking through the channels on TV. Then I woke up about an hour later and had no idea what day it was or if it was am or pm. Really fucked me up for a moment. Felt even more knackered after too.

Same, I always get a really disorientated if I sleep at weird times.

Same with sleeping in the car as a kid on long journeys, just wouldn't happen.

My boss sleeps during his lunch break sometimes, he shuts the door to his office but we can all hear the snoring
Shell
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
This is so relevant... I'm so tired today...
My eyes keep shutting and i have to force them open again.

I've not slept at work, since I was a paper boy I used to get to the downhill sections i knew quite well and shut my eyes and have a quick nap... Was always risky, as i could potentially hit a curb or something, but I usually found if I completely dropped off my hand would slip off a handle bar or a foot off the pedal which would wake me up enough to regain control.

How do you sleep whilst on a bike? Come on noo!
Nath

17th Nov 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that bit but couldn't even be arsed to quote it
Shell
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't like naps, I always feel more tired and end up totally disorientated. Never slept at work or at school/uni. However, when night time comes, I can sleep pretty much anywhere.
oceansoul

17th Nov 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just woken from an hours nap on me desk
stubs

17th Nov 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I have issues sleeping anywhere other than my own bed so never slept at work.

Me to! I'm so jealous of these people that can just fall asleep anywhere...

I'm one of those *fall asleep anywhere* types...
The strangest (or probably most dangerous) place I've fallen asleep is on the back of my old R6, with my mate riding it on the motorway to Leeds

I don't actually like it though because I struggle to watch a long film or lay in bed with the missus for a bit of pillow talk.. 10 mins and I'm snoring and dribbling
Seegeemusic

17th Nov 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My last job if it was raining or windy we had to stop work for health & safety reasons. Used to be lovely if it was like it all day, back of the van for a few hours.
Fro

17th Nov 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs

I don't actually like it though because I struggle to watch a long film or lay in bed with the missus for a bit of pillow talk.. 10 mins and I'm snoring and dribbling

I'm like that sometimes, complete pain in the arse and kinda rude
Graham88

17th Nov 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say I can sleep anywhere but I can sleep aslong as I'm comfy. A guy at work can just sleep anywhere though, it can be 0degrees but he'll just lie in the cable run even if we're doing digging or whatever, it's quite comical but lazy at the same time

I don't really sleep at work as we just do our work then go home, but sometimes if I haven't got enough sleep during the day (I work nights) I find myself drifting off on the motorway as it's such a boring road and have to pull over for a power nap. My personal best was pulling over for a nap, waking up 2 hours later with the morning traffic staring at me

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by Graham88]
LukeS

17th Nov 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this talk of sleeping is making me tired. My eyes keep closing and my head is dropping, i cant go to sleep yet though
Captain_Rosco

17th Nov 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My desk is in the corner of the office, so no one can see what I am doing. Once I crawled under my desk, and pulled the chair close to the desk and made it look like I was gone and had a nap for almost an hour.

Also at previous my companies I worked for, I had a power naps while in the toliets, and another time I was drifting off in a meeting. When we all finished out I had to sign us, showing the meeting room was available again.
I noticed that one of the other meeting rooms was going to be empty for an hour, so I booked myself into it, and took a nap in there with my phone as an alarm to wake before the next people arrived.

Napping at work should be allowed as I like to think it refreshes you for the rest of the day

Paul_J

17th Nov 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
quote:
This is so relevant... I'm so tired today...
My eyes keep shutting and i have to force them open again.

I've not slept at work, since I was a paper boy I used to get to the downhill sections i knew quite well and shut my eyes and have a quick nap... Was always risky, as i could potentially hit a curb or something, but I usually found if I completely dropped off my hand would slip off a handle bar or a foot off the pedal which would wake me up enough to regain control.

How do you sleep whilst on a bike? Come on noo!

Quite easy... was this long downhill straight section. Used to just coast it and close my eyes. get a few mins sleep.
Andrew

17th Nov 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may just have a kip right now. Still at fecking work
Dec-Rossi

18th Nov 09 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
'snoozing on the grass, watching the clouds float by'

see through eye lids?

[Edited on 18-11-2009 by Dec-Rossi]
John

18th Nov 09 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Quite easy... was this long downhill straight section. Used to just coast it and close my eyes. get a few mins sleep.

Do you really expect people to believe that you managed to go to sleep on a bike for a few minutes down a hill or is this some crap joke?
JayCarr

18th Nov 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I generally sleep every weekend on a night shift. Especially if you're on the first shift of the weekend, get to work at midnight and you wont get on track until 3am to set up some lasers for an hour, then wont start digging until 6am, then the next shift are on at 8am. On other shifts our work could be done for a few hours and whilst other work gets done we'll go to sleep in our vans.
Ojc

18th Nov 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never fallen asleep at school or at work, what is wrong with you lot
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

Do you really expect people to believe that you managed to go to sleep on a bike for a few minutes down a hill or is this some crap joke?

this must be a wind up
Ojc

18th Nov 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, he still does a paper round.
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you know it he will be telling us hes done a sub 9 on the nurburgring in nothing but his pants
Paul_J

18th Nov 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

this must be a wind up

Believe what you want to believe... but i used to do it. I used to have mad cycling skills...
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics man pics

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sleeping at work 22 database queries in 0.0316150 seconds