corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nissan R35 GTR vs 'Busa... who wins?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nissan R35 GTR vs 'Busa... who wins?
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 09 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
ah true he does like to have an opinion on everything. deleting posts

He is correct in what he's saying with the 'busa though. They pull to 220mph on the clocks, but when tested by Bike magazine, they had it clocked at 201mph and it wouldn't do any more.
Sunz

2nd Dec 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome !

Also $24,000 is £14,000,
K3 VMU

2nd Dec 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracking video!!

as before stated, highly tuned GTR, sounds

standard `busa 220mph....... i would like to see it, my mate had a T reg one, think the fastest he got was 202, and that was only going by the clocks.
Nic Barnes

2nd Dec 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

END OF STORY RICHARDHHHA
Daimo B

2nd Dec 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
why do people look at book figures when it comes to bikes.. if so then a early zx9r will only do just over 180mph, a G2 ZX6r will only do 165mph,
when in fact the zx9 can pull 200mph on the speedo and keep going and the zx6 can do 183mph (and if anyone knows anything about the different makes then they will know kwacker make the most accurate clocks of all the manufacturers)

example zx12r was driven down a 3 mile strait and half way down was a speed trap speed trap clocked it at 199mhp speedo said 201mph.

they sent the bike back to kawasaki and stated that the bike didnt do what they said it would do. so when they got it back it was the un restricted version (no electronic restrictions) pulled 220mph through a speed trap, all has been telivised

i've seen hybusas (standard) pull over 200mph and a zx14r will pull 220mph if its the un restricted version (which is not for sale in the european market)

difference between a moto gp bike is that it pulls them speeds at the end of a half mile straight where as a normal bike needs a good mile or so to reach its terminal speed.

giving the car its due its a bloody quick motor and has impressive figures

come on pal, dont aruge with vxr. its not worth it.

Hokay, the 220mph ZX14 was actually run by a NZ bloke called John Howe. The bike wasn't standard, it just had to be street legal. It ran 358kmh, and they spent months sourcing legal parts to keep the bike road legal. So yes it ran 220mph, but no, it wasn't standard.

Standard Hyabusas (Early ones as said) ran just under 200mph with a tailwind. New ones are limited to 186mph, but removing the limiter (hence not standard!) can see 200mph, again with a tailwind.

600cc, fastest recorded standard bike is a Yamaha R6. With bikes so much varies, wind, humidity, air pressure etc.. I've seen various GPS report, the fastest being 174mph, but most reports state around 170-172mph. Even the WSS bikes are just cracking into the 180+mph regions, and Kawasaki arn't quite there yet. The 636cc (the home video your referring to which i've seen previously) is a speedo. Again with bikes many things are factors due to the amount of power they have compared to a high powered car, but 164-167 is the average recorded speeds for the 636cc (ZX6R) engine, which has a distinct advantage over flat 600cc models (doesn't sound much, but gives a huge chunk of available mid range torque over the 600cc models).

Yeah totally agree about the MotoGP bikes. Wouldn't mind seeing a 990cc geared up for total top speed to see what they pull.

PS, I think the Brits still hold the fastest top speed as well on a Turbo Busa at 258mph

And Nic, you just a cock
mwg

2nd Dec 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
That GTR is a weapon
Nic Barnes

2nd Dec 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

And Nic, you just a cock

yawn.
Richardhhha

2nd Dec 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok end of. You say wat you know and thats fine, im just saying what i've experianced thats all.

Oh and a zx6r g2 is a 599cc geared and provn to pull 183mph i say this with experiance as its sitting at my pairents in my dad's shed.. Actualy beets sp1&2 hondas, gsxr's, and yam r1 and r6.

But we'll leave it at that as i really dont want to argue.
Daimo B

2nd Dec 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So a 600cc old designed beats a 1000cc Yamaha R1. It even beats their newer 636cc engine, and even their latest areodynamic revise 600cc engine. Kawasaki, u've gone backwards dammit.

Even R6's, even though every test ever has proved its not. But some dude on the internets dad has proved it, so its official.

Im not arguing, im just pointing out huge flaws in your statements..... If it does, its not standard, and speeds DO lie, even Kawasakis fella They arn't above every other speedo ever made.
Nic Barnes

2nd Dec 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why daimo, why cant you just accept someone else might know something you dont?
thegsi

2nd Dec 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus that GT-R's quick
big eck

2nd Dec 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds just like my mates one. He'll be aiming for about the same kind of power after the new year.
Daimo B

2nd Dec 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because I go on facts nic, not what "someones dad" has got in his shed. His "shed" bike is nearly as fast as a WSS 600cc bike which has tens of thousands plumpt into it.

RE Video, at last..

Good video that, nice to see is good quality too. The busas definatly have the mid range over the GTR, and that first rider can't get the power down at all (2nd one is better), but thats still bloody impressive for a car which the Japs "claim" cannot be tuned and ECU software cannot be cracked....
Nic Barnes

2nd Dec 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Because I go on facts nic, not what "someones dad" has got in his shed. His "shed" bike is nearly as fast as a WSS 600cc bike which has tens of thousands plumpt into it.

oh right
allza

2nd Dec 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see it against ghost riders busa.
Ben G

2nd Dec 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mental fast as sand-eel said, just check out the lorry driving past and them catching it up to see just how fast they both are.
SportBoy

2nd Dec 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought a busa was more of a tourer than a superbike? ie abit fo a straight liner? would it of been a different story if they used a 1098 say?
BarnshaW

2nd Dec 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it normal to just stop on motorways and chat over there ?
K3 VMU

2nd Dec 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
thought a busa was more of a tourer than a superbike? ie abit fo a straight liner? would it of been a different story if they used a 1098 say?

busa isnt much cope on twisty B roads, but they can corner, they can even wheelie , although neither of the above i have tried, ut if it gives me e-points then i know a guy who has
fir3vip3r

2nd Dec 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy

the busa is more of a big tourer yes, but it is still a very capable bike...

there geared quite tall though, and as always with bikes the rider is the BIGGEST difference between any bike, even in a straight line
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Dec 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My next door neighbour had a Busa a few years back.I got talking to him 1 day about it as he loves his bikes.
I asked if hes ever came up any quick cars with it and to my surprise he said yes.

Then he went on to mention it was a 1000bhp R33 that used to do the rounds up at Crail.Think it was yellow and owned by Greersport,ive seen it many years ago on the strip doing the 10s.
He said he couldnt shake it off on the Busa.
Root

2nd Dec 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon the bike. I know the car's are stupid quick but...*clicks the link*
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a couple of R35's on track with me today, fook me they are quick things. Just appear in your reveiw mirror like that

Their grip doesnt seem effected much by rain either

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
andy1868

2nd Dec 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTRs don't have time for rain gavin
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
My next door neighbour had a Busa a few years back.I got talking to him 1 day about it as he loves his bikes.
I asked if hes ever came up any quick cars with it and to my surprise he said yes.

Then he went on to mention it was a 1000bhp R33 that used to do the rounds up at Crail.Think it was yellow and owned by Greersport,ive seen it many years ago on the strip doing the 10s.
He said he couldnt shake it off on the Busa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPbSmKyxIgA

I was watching this video just yesterday and thought it was Crail it was filmed at... I'm assuming that's the one you're on about.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nissan R35 GTR vs 'Busa... who wins? 23 database queries in 0.0129938 seconds