corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do in this situation? (essay)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do in this situation? (essay)
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be the bigger man, image how fucked off she would be if you handed that over to her and she thinks after all the effort shes been through is for nothing and your not phazed (sp) by it
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
With all these covered if she ever did say anything or try and take you to court you have a signed reason for her leaving, photo's of her smiling on her last day holding presents your team got her.

FPMSL

A picture of her smiling and any presents would do fuck all if she took the company to a tribunal for constructive dismissal

Alongside a signed form stating the reasons why she left, and minutes from a meeting you had which are signed discussing any problems etc.

Thats the policy every company i have worked in has used and never had any problems.
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Alongside a signed form stating the reasons why she left, and minutes from a meeting you had which are signed discussing any problems etc.

Thats the policy every company i have worked in has used and never had any problems.

If she can prove she was forced out, or her position was made untenable, then no amount of presents and pictures of her smiling will help.

In fact, she could turn them around and say to look how much she enjoyed the job and loved being there but was forced out against her will.

Fact is, decisions like that are not made on pictures and forms filled in when she has decided to leave, they are decided on the actions of the management in the weeks, months and years prior to her even notifying them of her leaving.
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true cosmo, however these things will benefit the company. If they have shown that they have asked her the reasoning for leaving and she states "she wants to move on to new things" she hasn't done anything to help herself.

Quitting is the last option in my opinion, First should have been going through official company grievance procedures, speaking with managers and giving a reason.

List of example reasons:

* a serious breach of your contract (eg not paying you or suddenly demoting you for no reason)
* forcing you to accept unreasonable changes to your conditions of employment without your agreement (eg suddenly telling you to work in another town, or making you work night shifts when your contract is only for day work)
* bullying, harassment or violence against you by work colleagues
* making you work in dangerous conditions

If no paperwork can be seen saying she has informed the management of the issue before she left, hasn't mentioned it to her line managers, hasn't asked for anything to be done about it and finally hasnt mentioned it in a leaving meeting which is "her chance to say any problems", then she really couldn't have a fighting chance.
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, she doesnt have to of informed the management of her issues. If she feels they are the ones to blame (which is obvious Aaron was to her) then she could make out she didnt feel she could go to the management.

TBH employers are in a lose lose situation, as employees have wayyyyy too much power these days.
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nope, she doesnt have to of informed the management of her issues. If she feels they are the ones to blame (which is obvious Aaron was to her) then she could make out she didnt feel she could go to the management.

TBH employers are in a lose lose situation, as employees have wayyyyy too much power these days.

That sucks

From what I have read she needs to have attempted to make someone aware whether that be a colleague or even senior management.

It will probably be nothing more than a bit of hot gas, highly unlikely she has spoken to a legal representative or found out whether she has a case. Wouldn't surprise me if its a buzz word she has heard and fancys a month or 2 off.
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

That sucks

From what I have read she needs to have attempted to make someone aware whether that be a colleague or even senior management.

It depends what the problem is really, if it isnt the management then may be you could argue she should go to them, but if she makes out it is management then she'll just say she didnt feel she could go to them, or she tried but they werent interested, etc. etc.

Any employee could leave and fuck over their old company these days IMO, no matter how good an employer they have been.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grab her by the throat and kick her out the door.
Rich H

11th Dec 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave on Thursday and forget about her. Bugger gifts!

Or just buy the card and wine, give her the card, and keep the wine for the following week for you and your other colleague, as a toast / celebration of her going!
Craig P

11th Dec 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get her a card wishing her good luck Etc and leave it at that.I certainly woudnt go over board because at the end of the day if she did manage to get you the sack or whatever and take your place then she quite happily would of.

Think about number 1.
Carl

11th Dec 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get her anything, Just go Thursday and have done with it. You will just look two faced if you go the otherway. I work with all women, the best way is not to end up like them and play it straight and down the middle no matter what shit gets banded about.

I would not spend one penny or 1 minute of effort on anyone that has tried to mug me off for years. She will be gone and forgotten in 2-3 months.
Ant

12th Dec 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Any employee could leave and fuck over their old company these days IMO, no matter how good an employer they have been.

I dont agree I have first hand experience, I represented my company very recently we were responding to a case of constructive unfair dismissal, tribunal was very fair and as we had followed (and documented) best practise we won. The employee i believe resigned to avoid disciplinary action I was taking against him.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck her off on Thursday, Then spend the next few weeks identifing holes in her old work.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do in this situation? (essay) 23 database queries in 0.0416839 seconds