corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This will get CS going.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This will get CS going.....
Ingham
Banned

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Tom

15th Dec 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That statement from the judge saying if people took the law into their own hands then it would mean the end of civilised society as we know...well er good. I think the fact they were in his house burgling his stuff and tying him up entitles him to do what the fuck he wants rather than let the police give the offender a slap around the wrist or a cushty cell in a minimum security prison for 4 days.
DC90

15th Dec 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
If this were in America and the homeowner shot him dead, what would happen? Out of curiousity.

Nothing. My dads friend lives in Florida. First time we went out to see him this came up and he said if somebody is on your property, you can shoot them dead. All you have to say to the police is that you felt threatened and they were obviously on your property up to something dodgey. Also said, even if they are running away, you can shoot them in the back.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's self defence and there's chasing someone down and hitting them over the head with a bat so hard it breaks into three pieces.
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's lucky it was only the bat that was broken into 3 pieces, should have picked up something that would have done more damage if he's getting jailed for it anyway.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 months would probably be better than 15 years for murder though.
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If somebody has came into your home and tied your family up you should be allowed to do whatever you want to them with no comeback.

If they weren't in the guys house he wouldn't have been able to chase them down the street, how can anybody, including our clearly deluded justice system, jail the victim?
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because we'll all end up armed and afraid. Probably shooting the milkman if he so much steps on a twig and startles us. My opinion isn't right wing enough, but the fact of the matter is, if somone steals your flat screen TV and DVD collection, that isn't really a good enough reason to give them brain damage.
MoesTavern

15th Dec 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
There's self defence and there's chasing someone down and hitting them over the head with a bat so hard it breaks into three pieces.

Indeed. I can't believe people are up in arms about this, I can see the usual hyperbole now. "Broken britain" "You couldn't make it up" etc etc. Sun reader mentality.

Of course he's going to be in trouble for chasing the cunt down and beating the shit out of him with a cricket bat, the Tony Martin case was a pretty big indication of that. You lot sound like my dad.
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, because if they hadn't stolen your tv they wouldn't have brain damage, which is the whole point, nothing more nothing less.

If they weren't in someones home stealing stuff they wouldn't be hurt, how anyone can argue otherwise is beyond me and is also exactly the reason we are in the position we are in.

Before this human rights tosh we didn't have anywhere near as big a crime problem.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it just goes back to the whole two wrongs don't make a right, which I was told at primary school before human rights were even invented.

I totally agree the burglars put them self into a stupid situation by going in there, but we don't need vigilantes.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and before I get the whole Daily Mail bollocks of you don't have children or a wife; why on earth did they enter the house when intruders were in there? They would have entered the property and known something was up, they would have had the choice to fight or take flight, they made the wrong decision.
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, you can't go about randomly hurting people, if someone is in your house uninvited, by breaking a window/lock, they should instantly lose all recourse.
fazza

15th Dec 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to agree with john,

but its not just stealing your tv/hifi etc they tied his family up.

I and most people i know would have done the same thing as he did in that situation. Im sure he didnt mean to cause brain damage but if someone was endangering my kids or wife then im sure my instant reaction would be the same. especially spur of the moment when ur adrenalin is pumping

edit - your right tho ed, no one deserves brain damage. but no one deserves to nick my tv that i would have worked long and hard for

[Edited on 15-12-2009 by fazza]
Ojc

15th Dec 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take the butt of my gun to their face, Platoon style.

Have some of that.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Oh, and before I get the whole Daily Mail bollocks of you don't have children or a wife; why on earth did they enter the house when intruders were in there? They would have entered the property and known something was up, they would have had the choice to fight or take flight, they made the wrong decision.
MoesTavern

15th Dec 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I know, you can't go about randomly hurting people, if someone is in your house uninvited, by breaking a window/lock, they should instantly lose all recourse.

But that's not the way the Legal System works, that's why the usual 'outrage' over this kind of thing makes me do this
John

15th Dec 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If our legal system worked my opinion would change.

What's the chances of getting a competent police officer within a week, then even if they do catch them they'll be let off and told not to do it again.
charcoalgrill

15th Dec 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can he not counter sue the guy who broke into his house, then unlawfully imprisoned him and his family? surely he will go to prison?

If theres any justice in this country- the jury, will unanamously say not guilty
SVM 286

15th Dec 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8413787.stm

What kind of sheltered, perfect life must the dickweed of a judge enjoy?

So yet another case that ads weight to the fact that you either have to let anyone do ANYTHING to you, your family, your friends and your property.

Or, become expert in subduing and killing all assailants, plus destroying all evidence of them and their encounter with any of the above and refrain from reporting and claiming for any damages and/or losses resultant from the attack.

Farce.
SVM 286

15th Dec 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where's all the guys from the other thread about tea leafs shouldn't die, how do they feel about going in to a house and tying a family up? Is that ok or are we getting closer to deserving to be hit by a train?

F*cking spot on John.
A2H GO

15th Dec 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Ed, if the 'real victim' got let off for giving the robber brain damage it would case all kind of mahem during break in's and people would no doubt end up killing the criminals if they knew they could get away with it, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I also agree with John though, if you could be assured that by leaving the criminal to run off that they would be caught and given a suitable punishment, i don't think people would feel the need to break cricket bats around people's heads but this just isnt the case.
SVM 286

15th Dec 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If this were in America and the homeowner shot him dead, what would happen? Out of curiousity.

A handshake from a smiling policeman for saving him the effort and some paperwork no doubt Nath.
SVM 286

15th Dec 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Florida and South Dakota allow deadly self defence in cases of car jackings, burglary's etc.....

Perhaps a petition to all of our local boroughs to request that we all get twinned with either of those two then.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where's all the guys from the other thread about tea leafs shouldn't die, how do they feel about going in to a house and tying a family up? Is that ok or are we getting closer to deserving to be hit by a train?

I actually can't really be arsed replying to you since you ignored me in the other thread when I asked you a question directly. But since you're not making any sense with the above comment I'll give you my opinion if you want to read it.

I've not read the BBC article but heard a bit of this on the radio - if I've heard it correctly a guy and his family were tied up at knifepoint by 3 guys in their own home, somehow they've managed to escape, caught one of the intruders and beat seven shades of shite out of him leaving him with permanent brain damage. Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not sure.

The people who robbed a shop did not in any way threaten, assault or actually have any sort of conflict or contact with anyone as far as I know. If the intruders had come into these peoples' house, robbed it without being caught in the act and made off with a bike, then got run over on the road outside they wouldn't have deserved to die - that would have been a similair situation to the other thread, so I'd say they wouldn't have deserved to die for stealing alone. But people like yourself would.

When you bring kidnapping at knifepoint and tying a family up into it, it becomes a whole different story though. I would agree the guy deserved to get a kicking for the sheer fact that he's committed such a terrible crime in the first place. However, the brain damage thing is a bit much in my mind - basically, the guy must have been out cold while they were still laying into him. You don't hit someone when they're down in my book, what anyone else would do is up to themselves.

The comment that sums that up best for me is this:

quote:
Originally posted by ed

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This will get CS going..... 22 database queries in 0.0156848 seconds