corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I just

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I just
sxibeast

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Danny said....

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Just think though, you could have just potentially saved someones life, especially in this weather.

You did the right thing and its his fault for being an absolute pleb for drinking and driving. Taxis and buses are there to be used if your wrecked, and im sure he could of easily used one of those!
GTM

22nd Dec 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Just think though, you could have just potentially saved someones life, especially in this weather. I got stopped and breathalised last week, obviously came back Zero as I don't drink.

Thats very true he could have easily killed someone.
ajscorsa

22nd Dec 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what pub do you work in? Got no time for drink drivers deserve everything they get!
fazza

22nd Dec 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
He's an idiot. Should of parked around the corner away from the pub.

Tom

22nd Dec 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to you. I wouldn't feel bad about it as most normal people would back you up (unless you work in a pub on the middle of a council estate where you'd probably get called a grass) and you can be safe in the knowledge that you might well have stopped some innocent families christmas being ruined.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they still give out rewards for shopping drink drivers? IIRC it used to be upto £500; I was always tempted when I ran a restaurant/bar but being a local place I couldn't afford to lose custom

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by LiVe LeE]
GF-91
Banned

22nd Dec 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did the thing! And the guy above spelling lose wrong lol

Edited for writing my point out wrong :S

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by GaryF]
mwg

22nd Dec 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it twice before.

First time the guy was stopped in the middle of the road so I got out to see what the problem was and could smell the drink. So phoned the police.

Second time this guy had crashed, again I stopped to see if he was ok and smelt the drink so straight on the phone to the police. He ran off and left the car but they got him about an hour later.

I got a bit of stick for the second one as he was well liked round here even though everyone knew he was a drink driver. Some people stopped talking to me and haven't since. Cant believe they would stick up for a drink driver. They said I was a grass. Bet they would think differently if he had run their kids over.
GF-91
Banned

22nd Dec 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mwg , if they are stupid enough to not talk to you for saving his and others lives (potentially), maybe they aren't worth your time.
Yes, they'd think differently if they had their kids hit by the chap.

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by GaryF]
sand-eel

22nd Dec 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask for your £50 reward tbh.
C2RL R

22nd Dec 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

round our way you would no doubt get called a grass and probably get beaten up for reporting someone. thats because my town is full of low lifes.

Lee - i dont think they reward you anymore but i remember about 10 years ago there was a lad who got a max power feature and said he did his car up with money he got from reporting drink drivers. he made thousands out of it. not a bad way to spend your afternoon that.
nathy_87

22nd Dec 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good girl.
Paul_J

22nd Dec 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Ok ive just been called to the local police station to give a statement. doest that mean they got him? Im fucking terrified.

They just want to see you. They've probably seen your photobucket account.
Nath

22nd Dec 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read about this one person who grassed up a drunkard, and he came back to the pub she worked at and kinfed her
Paul_J

22nd Dec 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I read about this one person who grassed up a drunkard, and he came back to the pub she worked at and kinfed her

Yeah lawrah you better stay at my house, locked in my room for a while - for your own protection.
GF-91
Banned

22nd Dec 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

lawrah your next!

Kidding.
Lawrah
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are coming back to work tonght so I can give a satement..I didnt think they had to do all this ?
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you really want to, just tell them to leave it. Don't do anything you don't want to.

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by alan-g-w]
Lawrah
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see it now, they walk in, the guy I reported is in and steaming and I just run.
mwg

22nd Dec 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you arrange for them to come to your house instead?
fir3vip3r

22nd Dec 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
They are coming back to work tonght so I can give a satement..I didnt think they had to do all this ?

they have to take a statement from you as the reporting witness, i know we do anyway.

Good on you for calling in though. Nice to see some people still care
3lfz

22nd Dec 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I followed one the other week.. didnt report them though, was too funny watching. Driving in dark country lanes at night with no lights on, then crashed into the bushes at 10mph. Good laugh.
noshua

22nd Dec 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have reported him after he crashed though
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates' dad is a taxi driver and he was following a girl that was in a car wrecked. She was weaving all over the road so when they came to a red light he got out, went over, opened her door and took the keys out. She was so drunk that she tried to restart the car without the keys being in the ignition, stupid bint. He had a fare so had to go, but someone else waited until the police got there.
Colin

22nd Dec 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on you, however in my experience reporting anything to the police is a waste of time, esspecially should it land up in court where you end up wasting 3 seperate days, get made to feel like a criminal yourself & at the end of it all the person you reported gets a slap around the ear & let off very lightly.

Nope no matter what it was I wouldnt put myself in that position again......waste of my precious life tbh the whole systems a joke!!

Then you get dickhead & dicckhead'er the other day putting blues and 2's on to chase jade through bad conditions & then acting like a pair of smug idiots caught their prey justbecause she has a space missing on her number plate. Good job it wasnt me, or i'd have ended up in trouble for mouthing off. Absolute time wasters!!

No offence to ny coppers in here I dont mean to vent my disgust at the police/courts system personally in any way!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I just 22 database queries in 0.0549128 seconds