corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » anyone no what i can do ???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone no what i can do ???
Dom

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tomo2k9
got all the things i need to get the picture it all works bt its in black and white and duno what it can be, i payed 20 quid a peice for the scart and the lead needed just hope it isnt a waste of money

They saw you coming....

look through the settings on your digibox to change the output (composite, RGB, S-video etc) and likewise with your panel.
tomo2k9

18th Jan 10 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ino yh and they are gold plated or sumut lol the lead is a made by monster the women in commet saud they are the best with a life time garentee, and do you recomend any digi box ? Cus wanna get a new one dont think mine has git the s-VIDEO optION but i have changed it on the tv so need to get ine what suports s video then cheers dom been a big help mate
tomo2k9

18th Jan 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to no if anyone nos about digi boxes i can buy witch i can change the settings to s-video
tomo2k9

18th Jan 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Richie

18th Jan 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Press these buttons

Services
4th option from the top
use arrows to select RGB from PAL
Go to bottom and save new settings

Richie

18th Jan 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way... what lead did you buy? A scart to S-Video or a scart to component?
tomo2k9

19th Jan 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was the scart to s but the scart was seprate from the s-video lead, and what do i have to do that on ??? the tv or the freeview box ??
adiohead

20th Jan 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try both, can you really not work it out?
tomo2k9

20th Jan 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it only lets me do it on the tv but not on the digi box when i click it over to s video on the tv it comes up the picture but in black and white, and there isent a setting on the digi box so i think its the digi box not putting the rite stuff out into the tv
Richie

20th Jan 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I take it you bought a scart to S-video.

That isnt' going to work because the digibox probably won't have the internals to output the chrominance signal. The scart and the internals have to be manufatured to support s-video for it to work.
tomo2k9

21st Jan 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what i need to no is does anyone no a digi box i can get what puts out the right signal, thats was my question in the first place i did say it might not be putting out the right signal, all i need to no is what digi box thats all
oceansoul

21st Jan 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a digi box that will output rgb via scart. Get a scart to rgb (red blue greeen rcas) cable. Done.
tomo2k9

21st Jan 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na the side off the tv hasent got anything like that iv got all the cables i paid like 40 pound for them iv got a scart with the s-video plug hole and then iv got the s-video lead going from the scart into the back of the screen but its not in coulour so i need a box what will put out the right signal for the s-video because the digi boxes iv got only put out rgb and anorther 1 but not s-video, i think im sure that if i get the right box it will be in coulour
oceansoul

21st Jan 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
audio out
audio in 2
s-video in-out
external control out
audio in 1 (mono)
rgb 1
g/y in-out
rgb 2/dvd/hd
romote in-out
rgb3 in
c/l

thats all is on there people if thats any help, i wasent to sure but can i go thhrough vga?? because i can get an vga cable with a scrat lead on the end but not to sure if it would work

What are these connections?

I think the problem you are having is that the Scart to Svideo adaptor/cable you have is only connecting the luminance (Y; gray-scale) from the digi box, hence why you have a picture (but in B&W). You need to get the chrominance (C; color) too.

EDIT: The scart lead you have, is it a "fully wired" one?

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by oceansoul]

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by oceansoul]
Dom

21st Jan 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
audio out
audio in 2
s-video in-out
external control out
audio in 1 (mono)
rgb 1
g/y in-out
rgb 2/dvd/hd
romote in-out
rgb3 in
c/l

thats all is on there people if thats any help, i wasent to sure but can i go thhrough vga?? because i can get an vga cable with a scrat lead on the end but not to sure if it would work

What are these connections?

I think the problem you are having is that the Scart to Svideo adaptor/cable you have is only connecting the luminance (Y; gray-scale) from the digi box, hence why you have a picture (but in B&W). You need to get the chrominance (C; color) too.

EDIT: The scart lead you have, is it a "fully wired" one?

The panel has HD BNC (downscales to the 1024x480 res) and SD BNC (RGB) connections, plus S-video and then DVI and VGA.

So yes he could get a scart to (rgb)BNC cable but most don't output the audio via phono, all cables that do are BNC composite. Although you could get a scart to RCA(phone) cable and then use BNC Male to RCA Female adaptors (like >this<).

edit - And yes i did originally recommend using s-video on basis that a lot of freeview boxes output an s-video signal. I also recommended to purchase the adaptor and cable off ebay which would have saved him £35 quid.

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by Dom]
adiohead

21st Jan 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or there's this option:
http://www.keene.co.uk/electronics/multi.php?mycode=RGB2S

but i'm not even sure that it'll work.

the panel is a pain in the arse. should of bought a real HD tv, imo

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by adiohead]
Richie

21st Jan 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The panel has HD BNC (downscales to the 1024x480 res) and SD BNC (RGB) connections, plus S-video and then DVI and VGA.

So yes he could get a scart to (rgb)BNC cable but most don't output the audio via phono, all cables that do are BNC composite. Although you could get a scart to RCA(phone) cable and then use BNC Male to RCA Female adaptors (like >this<).

edit - And yes i did originally recommend using s-video on basis that a lot of freeview boxes output an s-video signal. I also recommended to purchase the adaptor and cable off ebay which would have saved him £35 quid.

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by Dom]

Apparently even standard sky+ boxes don't have the full hog to output s-video via the scart....

The Sky+ boxes do but still not over scart.... they have a dedicated s-video connector.
tomo2k9

22nd Jan 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so rely i cant do it ? no point in spending the money on it ???

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » anyone no what i can do ??? 24 database queries in 0.0142431 seconds