corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im looking at evo's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Im looking at evo's
R Lee

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
200 miles to a tanks pretty decent in that case

What are you getting out of yours?
My consumption computer 2 (reset when i refuel) is reading 18 MPG. I'm currently getting just a little under 250 miles to a full tank
Corsa_Sport21

15th Jan 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are they so bad on fuel when really at the end of the day its only a 4cyl 2.0 turbo with around 280bhp.
Drive it normal off boost and surely it cant be as bad as folk are making out.
My old Pulsar(2.0 turbo)with over 300bhp was pretty good on fuel when driven off boost.Even with some tickling of the throttle it was decent.
big eck

15th Jan 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdy

There not that bad on fuel, obviously when booting it about it will drink the go juice like its goin out of fashion. Put it this way the wife uses the evo during the week for her work 10 miles each way (keeps the mileage down compared to my 25 miles one way) and fills the tank every monday and that will last her all week. Yea she drives it like a granny but you can keep for driving like a loon at the weekends or the odd nightly run. Shes seen 260miles out the tank before and hasnt been below 200.

Its the running costs that are pretty high but its the same with any high performance car.

Servicing is every 4.5k miles but thats just an engine oil change. The diff oil and gearbox every 10-12k depending on how hard you use it.

There are plenty of tuning parts available and a shit load of models to choose from.

The best spec for me was the FQ model as they can be picked up for a reasonable price and come with a load of goodies as standard but even the FQ add-ons aint really up to scratch.

The MR models are very nice specially the interior but they hold a high value but the interior aint really an issue for me so I saved a few thousand and went for the FQ model.
big eck

15th Jan 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for goin for a 7 they are just as expensive as the 8's so its all down to looks.

I prefer the looks of the 8

This is the 7 with the square front

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by big eck]
Colin

15th Jan 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
200 miles to a tanks pretty decent in that case

What are you getting out of yours?
My consumption computer 2 (reset when i refuel) is reading 18 MPG. I'm currently getting just a little under 250 miles to a full tank

23mpg around town, 32mpg on a long run. Had just over 300 miles to a tank before!!

Dont drive mine hard that often
dale87

15th Jan 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously looked into buying an evo 7 fq300. I could of afforded the car + running costs easy as I only do 6000 miles a year tops. The killer for me was the insurance. Couldn't get less than £2300 even with a tracker and stupid excess etc at 22 with 5 years ncb. Over £4000 with the mrs! Me and my mrs are insured on a mk4 astra gsi, xe corsa and a 1.4 corsa all for £2000. The way I see it is the running costs on them 3 cars put together is the same as owning the evo roughly and this way I get the choice of 3 cars

Still want an evo one day though
Colin

16th Jan 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance put me off the scent of one (£1200), that & servicing every 4k.

M3 is £500 to insure & service every 10k.
R1CH

16th Jan 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_runningcostcalculator.php

This will give you an idea!
Gareth F

16th Jan 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my insurance company want £3000 for a year! 24 5yncb ....... bad times
jmacd

16th Jan 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice cars. gf is looking to buy one when she finishes uni in april

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Im looking at evo's 22 database queries in 0.0716639 seconds