corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mistakes at work...
_Allan_

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

18th Jan 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i've done a few. i once drilled into a trunking with a 25mm hole saw and forgot to stick my little block of wood in there to protect the cables. i obviously cut into a few of them and basically shut down an entire production department because the wires i cut were for the lighting. they lost about 6 hours production in there so that must work out to a few grand.
i've fucked up a few machines when i first started learning plc systems. it's so easy to cause a catastrophe by putting an n/c contact where an n/o should be.
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got sacked once, got my job back due to unfair dismissal, that was a big mistake, should have joined the army when I had the chance tbh.
Seany

18th Jan 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i insulate machine for extracting oil from all over the world, if i make the insulation the wrong size then it could overheat or freeze up costing somewhere in the region of 5million for a new one and over 10million to get a new one put down on the sea bed and the old one removed.
like colin said the oil buisness cost alot of money to repair anything never mind shut down for a day
obviously our work is extremely accurate and this hasn't happened....yet

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by Seany]
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
over 10million to get a new one put down on the sea bed

People all over the UK get fined for dropping a crisp packet or a tab end, yet oil company's drop full fucking machines on the sea bed
strick206

18th Jan 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A girl i used to work with took a bet from a customer, 15quid bet or something, told him his bet was on, then after he'd gone it declined, she didn't tell anyone just cancelled it off

That evening the guy rang up to check his 27k balance and found it was zero

P45 in hand
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
A girl i used to work with took a bet from a customer, 15quid bet or something, told him his bet was on, then after he'd gone it declined, she didn't tell anyone just cancelled it off

That evening the guy rang up to check his 27k balance and found it was zero

P45 in hand

Wut? He won 27k but due to the bet being canceled he didn't get it?
Seany

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:
over 10million to get a new one put down on the sea bed

People all over the UK get fined for dropping a crisp packet or a tab end, yet oil company's drop full fucking machines on the sea bed

yeah but its not just randomly
K3 VMU

quote:
i insulate machine for extracting oil from all over the world, if i make the insulation the wrong size then it could overheat or freeze up costing somewhere in the region of 5million for a new one and over 10million to get a new one put down on the sea bed and the old one removed.
like colin said the oil buisness cost alot of money to repair anything never mind shut down for a day

what do you insulate bud, i work in the oil and gas too. Subsea technician
strick206

18th Jan 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Of course he got it paid out, he was told his bet was on, because of us not knowing about it and it costing nearly 30k she had to go
Tom

18th Jan 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope never done anything that's cost an employer money I don't think. Had the odd £80 taxi bill or uncancelled flight etc but nothing serious.
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Of course he got it paid out, he was told his bet was on, because of us not knowing about it and it costing nearly 30k she had to go

Well yeah obviously it had to be paid, I typed that wrong, but fucking LOL, that's epic.
Half Pint

18th Jan 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep,

missed a deadline for cancelling a contract, which the company are trying to enforce, we are now arguing the last 2 years....

worst case we have to pay them the $2.6m

oops
a_j_mair

18th Jan 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a CAD tech and once did drawings for a new house and kennels, the kennels had to be upo and running before the house was built. I had the house passed and ready toi start before pen was put to paper on the kennels, it was one cock up after another that wasnt helped by an undecisive client

ended up telling the boss if he had to pay the bill he would be reported to RICA

that was when i had just started in a new office and was thrown in at the deep end not knowing half the knowledge i needed with a boss that didnt care/bother

Probably cost £5k nothing was really said
Neo

18th Jan 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most I have done was drop a camera from the top of a cherry picker, needed a new sun shield (£50)
Seany

18th Jan 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
quote:

what do you insulate bud, i work in the oil and gas too. Subsea technician

currently working on a pazflor project for Total.
Ollie_B

18th Jan 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst thing i have done is ruin the diff on a tractor, around £6000 to fix, althoguh wan't my fault i still got the blame. And i rolled the trailer on the back of the tractor in the ice not long before christmas, again i don't think it was my fault, as the tractor and trailer where sliding towards a fence and a big drop anyway.
jr

18th Jan 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
yep,

missed a deadline for cancelling a contract, which the company are trying to enforce, we are now arguing the last 2 years....

worst case we have to pay them the $2.6m

oops

BarnshaW

18th Jan 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was 15 i had a job at a pet shop, first day there i was cleaning the avary and had a bucket of hot water and bleach , i was cleaning it out and 2 budgies flew into the bucket and died.

they still kept me employed but about 3 months later in the same avary i was cleaning it out and forgot about a quail that was living in there and stood on it and killed it. I didnt have a job after that
jr

18th Jan 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i once got driven into in an S6 whilst lining up to try and brake an indoor 0-60 record
Budgie

18th Jan 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when i was 15 i had a job at a pet shop, first day there i was cleaning the avary and had a bucket of hot water and bleach , i was cleaning it out and 2 budgies flew into the bucket and died.

they still kept me employed but about 3 months later in the same avary i was cleaning it out and forgot about a quail that was living in there and stood on it and killed it. I didnt have a job after that

sorry i 'd
am4nf

18th Jan 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
my biggest one was this...... and by big I mean less than 10cm big, it should have hung nose up but for about 3" it hung nose down - cost us around £10k to sort out

Weirdly, I never got bollocked

Im confused
jibjob

18th Jan 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people say i once crashed a Koenigsegg into a tyre wall due to lack of downforce from a spoiler

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
oh i once got driven into in an S6 whilst lining up to try and brake an indoor 0-60 record

ffs
K3 VMU

18th Jan 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
my biggest one was this...... and by big I mean less than 10cm big, it should have hung nose up but for about 3" it hung nose down - cost us around £10k to sort out

Weirdly, I never got bollocked

Im confused

well look how level it is picked up, the nose is pointing down, and it should have been pointing up

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work... 22 database queries in 0.4601679 seconds