corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Don't protest to a biker....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Don't protest to a biker....
lostboy
Banned

User status: Offline
19th Jan 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This argument could go on forever, some drivers are crap, some riders are crap/over confident, I always give plenty of room to bikers, and anyone who says they are hard to spot is talking shit, I've never not seen a biker, if you look properly instead of a quick glance expecting to see a car/truck/bus you see alot more, a proper look can save lives.
K3 VMU

19th Jan 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always ride like no one can see me (otherwise, i make sure that car drivers see me) and let the car driver think about what you are doing instead of him just presuming.

its a never ending arguement as lostboy said.

i ride motorbikes, i drive cars. i love both. but being a biker i feel i am more aware of bikers when driving my car.

ROLL ON THE NICE WEATHER SO I CAN GET MY BIKE OUT!!!

Matt.H

19th Jan 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
This argument could go on forever, some drivers are crap, some riders are crap/over confident, I always give plenty of room to bikers, and anyone who says they are hard to spot is talking shit, I've never not seen a biker, if you look properly instead of a quick glance expecting to see a car/truck/bus you see alot more, a proper look can save lives.

Plus on most new motorbikes you cannot turn off the headlights...No excuse for not seeing a bike.
ed

19th Jan 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from when they come at 90mph round a blind corner on the wrong side of the road.
Daimo B

19th Jan 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This argument could go on forever, some drivers are crap, some riders are crap/over confident

Winner.

End of story and debate really.

Some cock end bikers out there, and plenty of cock end drivers.

Just ride as every f**kers going to wipe you out, it makes your life safer.

As you say, anyone who says they can't see the biker has only "glanced" and not "looked properly". I've never ever not seen a biker coming up behined me. Even in daylight, the headlight gives it away.

Poor driving excuse from bad drivers with awful observational skills.
oceansoul

19th Jan 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
This argument could go on forever, some drivers are crap, some riders are crap/over confident

Winner.

End of story and debate really.

Some cock end bikers out there, and plenty of cock end drivers.

Just ride as every f**kers going to wipe you out, it makes your life safer.

As you say, anyone who says they can't see the biker has only "glanced" and not "looked properly". I've never ever not seen a biker coming up behined me. Even in daylight, the headlight gives it away.

Poor driving excuse from bad drivers with awful observational skills.

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Apart from when they come at 90mph round a blind corner on the wrong side of the road.
ed

19th Jan 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just got to remember that people will only remeber bad things. I.E. bikers driving like cunts and car drivers not looking for bikers. No ones ever going to be happy...
Daimo B

19th Jan 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except 95% of bikers ARE car drivers also.

AS for other side of the road comment, yeah, becuase i've never had some goon overtaking coming towards me. In fact the bint i work with at work didn't have a crash becuase someone faild at overtaking another car.

Never seen boyracers driving all over the road, or people on phones wandering into my lane etc etc etc.

Flawed argument ocean.....
K3 VMU

19th Jan 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo
AlunJ

19th Jan 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look out for bikers a fair bit and try and make room for them where I can, my mum was knocked off twice, both by car drivers not looking.
Only time I've gone out of my way to upset one was some chav on a moped, stopped literally on my rear bumper and some lights on a hill, so I eased off the brake, he shit himself
Daimo B

19th Jan 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mopeds are fair game. See how close you can get whilst doing 120mph more than them...

I don't, I love my bike to much, but it would be fun.

Hate chavs on peds. Riding like they can actually ride well. But chavs more onto bikes... Like the muppet who crashed right in front of me whilst trying to get his knee down on cold tyres... Found out he'd only passed his full test 2-3 months earlier and bought a brand new reverse cranked 09 R1 as his first bike... He tried to act all cool and hard. Personnally, i'd have cried for acting like sucha tit and trashing my new bike, but as someone has said, you get cock end riders too.

I understand this. Ironically someone who's never ridden a bike will probably say bikers are dangerous and cause their own accidents.

For my next trick, im a non drinker and non drug taker, so i feel I should say that all drinkers and drug takers are wastes of space because im right and i understand everything about it fully from experience.....

[Edited on 19-01-2010 by VXR]
Liam B

19th Jan 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get fucking nervous when i was on my bike going past a junction, and a car would be about to pull out and your looking at them hoping they will look round and see you and not just pull out, there are nob riders and drivers
Colin

19th Jan 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a biker kicked my wing mirror for something accidental i'd be doing my all to make sure that he ended up flat on his face/visor.
K3 VMU

20th Jan 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
If a biker kicked my wing mirror for something accidental i'd be doing my all to make sure that he ended up flat on his face/visor.

I DONT LIKE YOU ANYMORE COLIN......

but there is always going to be a reason to justify boot meeting wing mirror and it departing from car.
SVM 286

20th Jan 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Some people deserve to loose their mirrors though

Those that don't use them. Same goes for indicators as far as i'm concerned.
K3 VMU

20th Jan 10 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Some people deserve to loose their mirrors though

Those that don't use them. Same goes for indicators as far as i'm concerned.

SVM 286

20th Jan 10 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt.H

20th Jan 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd that
Daimo B

21st Jan 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam B
I used to get fucking nervous when i was on my bike going past a junction, and a car would be about to pull out and your looking at them hoping they will look round and see you and not just pull out, there are nob riders and drivers

Just ride like they are going to pull out on you. Just make sure you could slow down/stop/get out the way.

Remember, as bikers we WILL come of worst, and whilst theres lots of places to have fun, nice backroads, trackdays etc. The only way to ride is to protect yourself, which does mean slowing down in certain areas.

God I can't wait for this summer though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Don't protest to a biker.... 22 database queries in 0.0189590 seconds