corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember Munir Hussain...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember Munir Hussain...
MoesTavern

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Well, to all you people saying you wouldn't take revenge, you would, in that situation.

If your partner and child was tied up while masked men were stealing your things, you would most likely want to harm the people doing it. Even after they escaped

probably yeah, but I wouldn't expect not to get locked up for it
adiohead

20th Jan 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need beating while you get the chance.

otherwise they'll do it again.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
revenge for robbing his house and tieing up his family???

You phone the fucking police then, that's what they're there for. You don't take the law into your own hands and expect to get away with it.

so what, so the theives get 6 months in jail, then they come out and do it again? the police are fucking useless.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the sentences were proper, and we knew burglars would get a hefty sentence and regret doing the crime, it would stop people doing this sort of thing, but that doesn't happen in the real world.

It's like people that don't have a license or insurance etc, they buy a car from the scrapyard for £100, drive it until they're caught, pay £200 fine and go buy another car and they probably pay less to run their uninsured and untaxed untested motors, than some of us legal motorists..
AndyKent

20th Jan 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, to all you people saying you wouldn't take revenge, you would, in that situation.

If your partner and child was tied up while masked men were stealing your things, you would most likely want to harm the people doing it. Even after they escaped

Theres giving him a bit of beating, and then theres battering him with a cricket bat so that hes now got brain damage.

I reckon the robber deserved it, but doesn't make it legal.
adiohead

20th Jan 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he could of used a knife. i think he was kind enough to use a bat
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The relative merits of the justice system in giving criminals their just desserts is surely another issue though, no?

People have every right to defend themselves but punishment should be left to the justice system.

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by MoesTavern]
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
he could of used a knife. i think he was kind enough to use a bat

I think a knife would have been OTT and I don't think he meant to give him brain damage but I think a beating with a cricket bat is sufficient.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The relative merits of the justice system in giving criminals their just desserts is surely another issue though, no?

not really because if he hadn't have took this action, they would have probably burgled him again when they were out of prison in 6 months. Or if not burgled him, certainly another person...seeing as they were so ruthless to tie up the people whose property they were on. But seeing as this happened, they probably won't...but this doesn't need to happen if the government spent more money on prisons and less money on MPs claiming for 2 houses and such other bollocks. Where the fuck does all the tax from petrol go -_-

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by Root]
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't beat the shit out of someone because they MIGHT do something. for fuck's sake.
ed

20th Jan 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
A hero would have untied his wife and child, not left them tied in the kitchen while seeking revenge with his brother.

they'd of got away if he'd done that.

You're essentially saying that you value your possessions more than your family by making that statement.
adiohead

20th Jan 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

You're essentially saying that you value your possessions more than your family by making that statement.

no, i'm saying that it's worth stopping them from doing it again.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

no, i'm saying that it's worth stopping them from doing it again.

No he's not, his family are safe at home, tied, yes, he's saying he'd rather go seek revenge than untie his family, at that moment in time. I think I would be the same.
Ben G

20th Jan 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank god for that.

on the news yesterday they said they wouldn't get let off.

happy for him.

as for people who say he shouldn't take the law into his own hands...

if you were tied up along with your family by some low life scum who wanted to rob you of everything you own, wouldn't you want to kill him?

i know i would, and i don't knock anyone who beats burglars to death as they deserve it.

every other fucker has to earn a living so these pricks need teaching a lesson.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
thank god for that.

happy for him.

if you were tied up along with your family by some low life scum who wanted to rob you of everything you own, wouldn't you want to kill him?

i know i would, and i don't knock anyone who beats burglars to death as they deserve it.

THANK YOU. Someone with common sense on here, at the end of the day, if the fuckers took the risk, it's their fault. They trespassed, which in some US states and I think all of Mexico, gives you the right to kill them if you wish to. Then they proceed to tie you all up and rob you. It's bullshit, they took the risk, now they are facing the consequences. End of the day, if they weren't robbing from these people, it wouldn't have happened.
Nath

20th Jan 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thank god for that.

happy for him.

Problem is people sit on here thinking about a reasoned response to the thieves actions. In reality it'd be a blood rushing to the head moment where you'd be enraged with anger. I'd have battered the thief too. Probably wouldve regretted it afterwards, but you don't think clearly during a situation such as this.
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thank god for that.

happy for him.

It doesn't matter what you or I would do in the same circumstances,that's not relevent to the facts at hand, it's just an appeal to emotion.

The whole point of having a legal system is to look at it from a third party's standpoint and criticise his actions logically. being tied up and burglarized does not give you immunity from the law.

Ben G

20th Jan 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people need common sense though.

thats why this country is going down the pan.

you need a degree of emotion handling a case like this. you need to feel what he was feeling, understand the anger he had built up inside him.

i'd do the exact same thing he did if i was in the same situation.
AndyKent

20th Jan 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common sense yes.

Assault and battery no.

Unless you like the system they have in the US where also everyone has the right to their own personal protection but actually end up just shooting each other.
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said before I probably would too but that's not what I'm debating. Most of you seem to feel that he shouldn't have been punished in the first place, from a legal point of view that's obviously incorrect.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As I said before I probably would too but that's not what I'm debating. Most of you seem to feel that he shouldn't have been punished in the first place, from a legal point of view that's obviously incorrect.

yer, as far as legally, he probably should be for his actions, but for the justification of his actions, no he shouldn't be. What pisses off most people here is when something like this USUALLY happens, the person assaulting the trespassee usually gets a worst jail term than the burglar.
adiohead

20th Jan 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were hit and beaten, so you could argue it was some form of self defence. the criminals could have returned too.

sometimes the laws in this country protect the wrong people. i'm glad he is now free.
Root

20th Jan 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they were hit and beaten, so you could argue it was some form of self defence. the criminals could have returned too.

sometimes the laws in this country protect the wrong people. i'm glad he is now free.

they also threatened to kill them which gives more justification to a revenge attack.
im glad he is free too, he's an innocent hard-working businessman that wanted justice for the ordeal and thank fuck this country hasn't let him down like it has for other people in the past in the same circumstances.
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I've said everything I wanted to about this, we're just going round in circles.

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by MoesTavern]
whitter45

20th Jan 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
revenge for robbing his house and tieing up his family???

You phone the fucking police then, that's what they're there for. You don't take the law into your own hands and expect to get away with it.

so what, so the theives get 6 months in jail, then they come out and do it again? the police are fucking useless.

couldnt agree more - I can see both sides as putting him in that state for the rest of his life should have consequences

However if the guy wasnt in his house in the first place then he would of been beaten in the mannar he was

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember Munir Hussain... 22 database queries in 0.0224512 seconds