corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snowboardin/skiing

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snowboardin/skiing
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom being a snowboarder i actually agree trick's do look alot more impressive and i really want to do a season soon !
Aaron

22nd Jan 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look like Robocop when i'm out.

Knee pads, elbow pads, crash helmet, crash pads (also known as ass pads) and wrist guards.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a spine protector this year; but to be honest, my biggest injury was a broken nose; I crashed out, hit my head, my goggles pushed into my nose and I left a trail of blood down the mountain - I looked cool doing it though.

The amount of people who injure their knees on the first day out ruining their holiday is always astounding and without insurance you get properly cained for it
Rob_Quads

22nd Jan 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jumping on skis is way more impresive. There has been a real improvement in the last few years on the ski style. That said generally its much easier to get to the point of going off kickers on a snowboard than a skies.

The rule of thumb we have found is(I organise group trips every years)
Skiiing is much easier to get the basics of it. Snowboarding is MUCH harder work for the first week or so. You will fall quite a lot and for many impact shorts are a must
BUT once you get over the initial week its much easier to do 'fun' stuff on the snowboard. You'll be surfing on powder much sooner than you will be on skies.
Once you get very good it evens out again with progression just being down to time.

As has been said. If you go away get insurance. Could be VERY costly if you don't.
Aaron

22nd Jan 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with all of that tbh
aim1

22nd Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to Austria for my first proper boarding in December. I had a few lessons a couple of years back but thoght I would just go for it. Snowboarders definately have it tougher to make the initial progression. If you catch the front edge you land on your face and either wind yourself or hit your face or both. Catch the back edge, which you will, and your bum and back take a pounding. If you have a small lapse in concentration on a snowboard your next thought should be pain. I only got three days boarding so I was just reaching the pain versus pleasure turning point and had to come home but it was still great fun and be even better next time.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With skiing though, you have to learn to walk like a douche in your boots; whereas with boarding you just look so damn cool all the time; its not the way you ride your board, its the way you stand by your board............at the bar.......... apres ski!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but there is always one retard on a bord at the lift that takes you out with his board as you get on

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or one skier, who can't ski who crashes into the back of you at 1million mph whilst you're sat down; leaving two perfect ski tip bruises at the bottom of your back for the next two weeks - obviously its okay to sit down in the middle of a run as snowboarders just have the god damn right to own the mountian
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you are stood at the lifts and one of the "gays on trays" comes flying into you and wipes you all out because its icy

Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could go on all day tbh

RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or someone skis over the top of your board at the lift because they just can't wait 2 seconds........................

ps Gay's with Trays
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some cool guy skiing

some cool guy boarding

RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The image of a typical British Skier

scaron5188
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha love this i could pick at skiers all day at some of things they do . . . but i expect they could about us to haha so think its best to get along .......

funny how i asked about a resort, but instead have a massive conversation about boarding/skiing and havent got an answer apart from toms honest one haha funny stuff

and . . . gays on tray . . . good one although skiers just look gay anyway? joking

[Edited on 22-01-2010 by scaron5188]
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scaron, in answer to the original topic question - I haven't been or know the resort but I'll ask my sister when I next speak to her
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this image in my mind that Ed looks like Eddie the Eagle and that they're somehow related ( even though I know what he looks like)
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha, tbf i wear all boarding gear as i dont want to look like a russian in skin tight ski wear
when ed puts his goggles on he does actually look like eddy the eagle

scaron5188
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lee i still dont mind the banter tho haha

yea my step brother where board gear to
Ellis

22nd Jan 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to Meribel this year, anyone been there? Any use?
ed

22nd Jan 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
With skiing though, you have to learn to walk like a douche in your boots; whereas with boarding you just look so damn cool all the time; its not the way you ride your board, its the way you stand by your board............at the bar.......... apres ski!
Its only the punters who can't walk in boots
ed

22nd Jan 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
or one skier, who can't ski who crashes into the back of you at 1million mph whilst you're sat down; leaving two perfect ski tip bruises at the bottom of your back for the next two weeks - obviously its okay to sit down in the middle of a run as snowboarders just have the god damn right to own the mountian
Boarders do tend to sit in the middle of the piste though.
ed

22nd Jan 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But regarding St Sorlin. It used to be one of the places or still is that te company I worked for took students to. Somone died on one of the trips It's a small resort with good skiing, more villagey than an industrial estate up a hill.
scaron5188
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ed. not goin with friends this year, just with the other half and family, so should be a nice trip if its villagy etc
scaron5188
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I'm going to Meribel this year, anyone been there? Any use?

i went there when at val thoren . . .but was a few years ago, but i remember val being very good for boarding/skiing so should be the same in meribel as its part of le 3 valleys

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snowboardin/skiing 23 database queries in 0.0279820 seconds