corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full..............

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full..............
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all about the A10
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tank buster

arent the bullets for the chaing gun nearing the size of wine bottles?
jr

23rd Jan 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
there was a program on 5 not ,long ago with the red arrows, they went to usa and flew "against" 3 or 4 other display teams, was good to watch

read up on a competition called red flag

basically RAF go head to head agaisnt USAF and other air forces in a bombing competition
ianofbhills

23rd Jan 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
there was a program on 5 not ,long ago with the red arrows, they went to usa and flew "against" 3 or 4 other display teams, was good to watch

basically RAF go head to head agaisnt USAF and other air forces in a bombing competition

Jr Red flag is held at nellis air force base next to las vegas its actually mostly air to air combat and not bombing. Its a pretty good detachment to get on as you get to party hard in vegas as well as work hard obviously

My squadron went on it last year and they had some good stories to tell sadly i didnt get to go
being the last of the tornado f3's i was down in the falkland islands at the time and as my aircraft is getting phased out my detachments opportunities are looking pretty slim.

Cant wait for the typhoon to come in so we can get some more dets.

Maple flag held in canada is the bombing competition so to speak.

And the red arrows flew out to do quebec airshow in canada on that show on channel 5.
Matt H

23rd Jan 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this ghost rider thing from a film??
ianofbhills

23rd Jan 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on serious?
ianofbhills

23rd Jan 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too close for missiles switching to guns.

yee ha jesters dead

viper has him

great balls of fire!
Matt H

23rd Jan 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Gun?

Not seen it in donkeys
ianofbhills

23rd Jan 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bingo

although i do think i have seen it way to many times. That and days of thunder
Dom

23rd Jan 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Gun, such an amazing film

ianofbhills - am i right in assuming you're a pilot?
jr

23rd Jan 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

Jr Red flag is held at nellis air force base next to las vegas its actually mostly air to air combat and not bombing. Its a pretty good detachment to get on as you get to party hard in vegas as well as work hard obviously

My squadron went on it last year and they had some good stories to tell sadly i didnt get to go
being the last of the tornado f3's i was down in the falkland islands at the time and as my aircraft is getting phased out my detachments opportunities are looking pretty slim.

Cant wait for the typhoon to come in so we can get some more dets.

Maple flag held in canada is the bombing competition so to speak.

And the red arrows flew out to do quebec airshow in canada on that show on channel 5.

in the 70's there was deffinatley a bombing element as vulcans took on b52's and the USAF couldnt belive that the uk bomber force could be chucked around like a fighter
jr

23rd Jan 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vulcans were 110% at red flag along with buccaneers Ian

love stories like this

"There were two consectutive, 2 week, detachments to Nellis in 1977 for Red Flags 77/8 and 77/9. Rumour control had it at the time that, after the first fortnight when the Cousins had not scored a single Bucc kill, a colonel was despatched to Washington to explain why the 'Most Powerful Nation on Earth' couldn't shoot them down. For the second fortnight the rules of the game were changed a little. The Bad Guys at Red Flag were supposed to operate their kit as though it were Soviet which, at the time, meant no look-down-shoot-down. For Red Flag 77/9 the Bad Guys suddenly had F-15s at their disposal and anything else needed to get a Bucc.

For the Vulcan buffs, the aircraft for 77/9 were hastily repainted with the undersurfaces 2-tone brown as the light grey glinted in the sun; the shadow was still a big problem and so routes were picked that stayed close to the mountain ridges and avoided the salt flats."
ianofbhills

23rd Jan 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dom no i'm not a pilot i am groundcrew i fix the aircraft so the pilots can break them again.

Jr The red flag exercise is basically a big training mission so pilots can interact with pilots from different nations and have a pretend war. There is no actual live bombing as such its all simulation. As said most of the combat is air-air but there is still elements of ground attack. The uk's harriers, gr tonkas and f3 tonkas have all done red flags recently as well as other raf aircraft past and present.
jr

23rd Jan 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on aother note, buccaneer storeies

"Lossie, early 90s. Old and bold ex-Bucc pilot converting to the GR1, on one of his first flights over an unusually calm bit of the North Sea. Pilot takes GR1 ever lower and ever faster. Faster and lower. After a few minutes at very low level, the GR1 nav is sweating a fair bit. Later, back at Lossie, Nav says
"I've never been so scared, what were you doing?"
"Oh, you know the Bucc could fly in ground effect at 20 ft or so above the sea - well I was trying to find the same thing on the GR1".
"And?"
"The Tornado doesn't have it"."
jr

23rd Jan 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dom no i'm not a pilot i am groundcrew i fix the aircraft so the pilots can break them again.

Jr The red flag exercise is basically a big training mission so pilots can interact with pilots from different nations and have a pretend war. There is no actual live bombing as such its all simulation. As said most of the combat is air-air but there is still elements of ground attack. The uk's harriers, gr tonkas and f3 tonkas have all done red flags recently as well as other raf aircraft past and present.

i dont doubt that, but i cba to type the book up about the vulcans playing pretend war

im currently reading about the buccaneers that took out the power cables which where 46ft high and nelis
ianofbhills

24th Jan 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You love it you so should have joined the RAF

I like the stories about the jags flying down the fire breaks in between the trees in the forests at maple flag. Basically jets flying so low that all that is visible is the tips of the fins above the tree tops.
madness.
ianofbhills

24th Jan 10 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and you know about the vulcan missions down to the falkland islands. In port stanley you can still see the craters left from the aircraft sent from the uk to destroy the runways.......
Crazy especially as it took me 18 hours to get there one way and the vulcans made a return trip!
jr

24th Jan 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh and you know about the vulcan missions down to the falkland islands. In port stanley you can still see the craters left from the aircraft sent from the uk to destroy the runways.......
Crazy especially as it took me 18 hours to get there one way and the vulcans made a return trip!

i know far far to much about black buck missions for a 24 year old
ianofbhills

24th Jan 10 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was based in aldergrove in N.I with wessex helicopters there was a crazy pilot there that used to enjoy flying low enough to drag the main wheels over the tree tops enough to make them spin at night with no lights on and only nvg's. Used to make you poo your pants when sat in the back getting transported about.
jr

24th Jan 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL that must have "intresting"
jr

24th Jan 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, apoligies here

vulcans did go to red flag, but where they kept showing the USAF how to do things was Giant Voice, had a bit of a blank
Ste
Premium Member

24th Jan 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done Red Flag twice, Maple Flag twice and Air Warrior. All with the Harrier and we dropped bombs and both. This was in 2000 - 2003 though.

They were live ordinance too, not concrete bombs like they drop in this country.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

24th Jan 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

More than 40,000 sorties a year are flown from this southern Nevada facility. The base hosts world-class exercises in RED, GREEN, and BLUE FLAGs. The AIR WARRIOR exercises provide extraordinary training in the Army’s Air-Land Battle doctrine and exceptional education in close air support for both air and ground forces.

Bombing

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
SVM 286

24th Jan 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i should have got into the RAF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puuh1YMnMpg

The REALLY low level stuff crossing that stretch of water is just plain

[Edited on 24-01-2010 by SVM 286]
SVM 286

24th Jan 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
on aother note, buccaneer storeies

"Lossie, early 90s. Old and bold ex-Bucc pilot converting to the GR1, on one of his first flights over an unusually calm bit of the North Sea. Pilot takes GR1 ever lower and ever faster. Faster and lower. After a few minutes at very low level, the GR1 nav is sweating a fair bit. Later, back at Lossie, Nav says
"I've never been so scared, what were you doing?"
"Oh, you know the Bucc could fly in ground effect at 20 ft or so above the sea - well I was trying to find the same thing on the GR1".
"And?"
"The Tornado doesn't have it"."

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full.............. 23 database queries in 0.0138481 seconds