corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Z4 Opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Z4 Opinions
dale87

User status: Offline
26th Jan 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Deano thats the kind of comment that really winds me up. An M car is totally different to its almost as quick non M rival. Theres always some jeb who doesnt understand the point of an M car and just looks at paper figures and thus buys the non M cheaper equivilant and tells his mates its just the same as an M but without the silly price tag. The reality is they are COMPLETELY different machines that both happen to be quick.

An M car will have focused suspension which wont be as refined (so journo's dont like it) it will also have a noisy and clunky lsd equipped diff (again journos wont like the jerky unrefinement) and the geomatry etc is all setup to make the car taught and poised at all times. It may not be light years quicker on paper, but driven properly will not only be far quicker, but more of a focused drivers car rather than a well handling luxury sedan.

So no a 3.0l is not like a Z4m. But it is a lovely car nonetheless! Ive always preffered the older shape Z4 as thought it looked more modern? With the huge chunky wheels (no idea on name)

but yeah its a BMW so it automaticly makes it awesome.

Buy it James.

I agree with this 100%. I've drove an e46 330ci which everyone seems to think is as fast as an e46 m3 with less the running/repair costs. A mate lent me his e46 m3 which i had from 7am-7pm. I can tell you now that the m3 is in a totally different league. All non 'M' bmw's seem to be all about luxery and comfort, perhaps a status symbol for some people and not sporty cars at all imo.

If you jump in a M varient of a bmw and you can just feel the engineering of the whole car is different and focused on delivering an awesome driving experience in every aspect possible. Also the m3 I had was fitted with the SMG gearbox with the paddle shift.

Ever since I used my mates m3 i've wanted one but until then bmw's never really appealed to me. As jambo said its still a bmw so you know it will be an awesome car but dont get fooled into thinking 'm' cars arent in a league of there own.
Jambo

26th Jan 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad someone understands the differnce

Theres nothing wrong with the non M Model and it will still be a great drivers car, but there is a reason they do both models
johnhara1

26th Jan 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
love them with the hard top

hate the without

I'm like that with the Z3.

As for the Z4, looks wise i love the back end but i don't like the front.

Other than that i've no idea how they go.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Z4 Opinions 22 database queries in 0.3633640 seconds