corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa Benitez to Juventus

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rafa Benitez to Juventus
Tom

User status: Offline
27th Jan 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I think for his swan song and just to complete the job of screwing Liverpool up he should sell Torres and Gerrard

TBF one thing he has done a good job of is tieing up our good players to long term contracts.

Nath those OOT liverpool 'fans' you are friends with/work with sound like a large proportion of our OOT'ers, lazy comments galore, never see or hear anythging that's backed up by FACTS!
Nath

27th Jan 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Nath those OOT liverpool 'fans' you are friends with/work with sound like a large proportion of our OOT'ers, lazy comments galore, never see or hear anythging that's backed up by FACTS!

Probably
Tom

27th Jan 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
mwg check this out from the BBC Football homepage:

'We have turned the corner - Gerrard'

So now a draw against Wolves is turning the corner, oh dear

I think the problem's we had with the team were at there worst when it seemed they had no explanaition for the bad results and it almost appeared as though they felt as though regardless of how they played they should have won.

Players are now taking responsibility and however much people will jump on the 'showing character' comments, that's exactly what we have done of late. We are building confidence from the back and i'd expect the form of the attacking players to follow.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, thats 5 PL matches without a loss now - 3 wins and 2 draws including games against Villa and Spurs.
Tommy L

27th Jan 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what OOT means?

I can understand the frustration with some supporters. It's just not something you are used to, especially after last season.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
I don't know what OOT means?

I can understand the frustration with some supporters. It's just not something you are used to, especially after last season.

Out Of Towners.

I dont understand it tbh, as what do they expect another manager to do when all the best players are out injured or playing with an injury?
Tommy L

27th Jan 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work better with what he has got?

Their confidence is low but has got to try harder to boost moral.

Maybe they think a fresh new waiter will get them going again. But it's not like they can just sack rafa and i can't see him walking.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Work better with what he has got?

Their confidence is low but has got to try harder to boost moral.

Maybe they think a fresh new waiter will get them going again. But it's not like they can just sack rafa and i can't see him walking.

Im fairly certain Rafa has done all thats possible to motivate them, after all he has shown he knows how with the same group of players (see last season, see the many CL runs, etc). I think its now more of a case of the players having to take a look at themselves individually and pulling themselves in to a bit of form.

I really fail to see how a new manager would make a bit of difference, if the players arent fit then they cant play, if they cant play then the team is going to be worse - a new manager isnt going to change that.
Ojc

27th Jan 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wolves are a good side
Tom

27th Jan 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's being frustrated and then there's being realistic. The definition of the word 'supporter' is something that people should remind themselves of now and then. I'm not exactly ecstatic about our form at the moment but I can't see the benefit of not sticking together (with the players and the manager) when we have zero options that would improve us in the long run.

The main point alot of liverpool 'supporters' conveniently disregard in there spectacular 'analysis' on phone in's is the state the owners have got us into becuase however much our form improves there is an obvious need for investment which is not forthcoming. The fact our manager is expected to balance the books should at the very least give our fans some pateince with him.

I would expect him to leave (probably for juve) if he doesn't get us into the top 4 and i think that would be the right thing for all concerned but for now he's got my support 100%.
Nath

27th Jan 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

I really fail to see how a new manager would make a bit of difference, if the players arent fit then they cant play, if they cant play then the team is going to be worse - a new manager isnt going to change that.

New managers can change things though. Training methods, formations, different starting XI etc....
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

New managers can change things though. Training methods, formations, different starting XI etc....

But he cant change injuries...
Tommy L

27th Jan 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something new and fresh could be something that motivates the players and get their form back?

New managers sometimes turn things around.

Forget injuries, every side get them. You can't rely on the players you have out and isn't your team basically the same as last year? Or is the players you have out now were the players from last season?

I'm not clued up on your squad from last year.

[Edited on 27-01-2010 by corsa_tomtom]
Ojc

27th Jan 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sheffield Wednesday are evidence of this.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Something new and fresh could be something that motivates the players and get their form back?

New managers sometimes turn things around.

Forget injuries, every side get them. You can't rely on the players you have out and isn't your team basically the same as last year? Or is the players you have out now were the players from last season?

I'm not clued up on your squad from last year.

We had injuries last season, but not to this extent, and certainly not all at the same time so the first 11 was so depleted.

You'd argue that when fit Johnson, Agger, Aurelio, Benayoun, Gerrard (although he did start but is having injections) and Torres should all be starting - thats 5/6 players out of 11. Add to those Riera and Aquilani and you're closing in on the whole first team.

And thats a stupid comment to say 'forget injuries'. So now we're expected to put in a title challenge even when most the first team is out?
Tommy L

27th Jan 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said, i'm not clued on your squad from last season but how many of the above were there last season?

When i say forget injuries, i know you cant just forget them but haven't united had a lot of injuries this season? They had midfielders in their defence?

Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like i said, i'm not clued on your squad from last season but how many of the above were there last season?

When i say forget injuries, i know you cant just forget them but haven't united had a lot of injuries this season? They had midfielders in their defence?

Yeah, Im not saying other teams havent had their problems, as they have. The difference is those teams we are expected to be competing with have enough money to spend where their bench is full of £18m+ players who can come in and step up to a high level, even if out of position.

Johnson wasnt here last season, and obviously Aquilani wasnt (Arbeloa and Alonso were though). The rest all were.
Tommy L

27th Jan 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agger, Aurelio, Benayoun all first team last season?
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Agger, Aurelio, Benayoun all first team last season?

Yup.
Nath

27th Jan 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Shouldve put together a better squad then as everyone has injuries.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shouldve put together a better squad then as everyone has injuries.

Agreed, but how is he meant to spend on a first team so it can compete for the league AND spend on building a squad of decent quality. Its a choice of one player for £20m or 3 for £7m.

We just dont have the money to do both, and doing the latter would see us struggling for 4th every year IMO, at least the first option sees us up there as long as we dont have injuries...which this year we did. Next year we may not.
Marc

27th Jan 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Provided you can keep your best players, and the Yanks decide to invest, then you probably could compete next season. If you bought some world class players and not more Spaniards obviously!
Tom

27th Jan 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Provided you can keep your best players, and the Yanks decide to invest, then you probably could compete next season. If you bought some world class players and not more Spaniards obviously!

Yes are worst players are/have all been spanish

Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its keeping our first 11 fit, if we'd of done that this season then we certainly wouldnt be where we are now.

The yanks wont invest though, so unless the buyer comes in as is being mooted and gives whoever is the manager some cash to spend I dont think we'll have a big squad as per. Unless some kids step up of course.
Cosmo

27th Jan 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Yes are worst players are/have all been spanish

Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Riera and Torres - all flops

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa Benitez to Juventus 23 database queries in 0.0173800 seconds