corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa eats STi

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa eats STi
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
28th Jan 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard for standard Ben's ST would easily beat the best corsa (so in this case the corsa vxr) on the straights / twisties....

the end.
Nic Barnes

28th Jan 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
plenty of windy roads around here mate. you must be thinking of the wrong place.

and yes nic, it's heavy but performs quite a lot better than my old light corsa around the bends.

but then again i am on a corsa site so i must be biased towards corsas and all that...

no, im, just saying slagging something off that you dont understand isnt really the best way to go about it.

nice try though.
Wrighty

28th Jan 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imprezas are shit, should have got an evo

Ben G

28th Jan 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
plenty of windy roads around here mate. you must be thinking of the wrong place.

and yes nic, it's heavy but performs quite a lot better than my old light corsa around the bends.

but then again i am on a corsa site so i must be biased towards corsas and all that...

no, im, just saying slagging something off that you dont understand isnt really the best way to go about it.

nice try though.

ah well, i'm still entitled to my opinion and if people don't like that, well that's their problem.
Nic Barnes

28th Jan 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people choose to buy what they want. i chose to buy a corsa. i will live quite happily with my decision.
Nic Barnes

28th Jan 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

nice try though.

ah well, i'm still entitled to my opinion and if people don't like that, well that's their problem.

but its not an opinion based on anything other than rubbish and pathetic baiting. and for what reason ben? people that own corsas already know they will never handle as good as an impreza. we have accepted it.
jr

28th Jan 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa's/nova's dont handles has anyone, been to any trackays etc this year, its boring now

time and time again i see pics/vids/watched people like:

Daveb/Lee303/robsbd/Dar/Ollie Hewit etc etc overtake all the "decent" handlng cars, and overtake 500bhp Jags at brands hathc, just for example
Ojc

28th Jan 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
Standard for standard Ben's ST would easily beat the best corsa (so in this case the corsa vxr) on the straights / twisties....

the end.

Straights yes, twisties no.
Ben G

28th Jan 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not baiting i was simply saying the scooby isn't going to win against a lightweight fast corsa in a straight line.

it's fact... unless the impreza had much more power.

drive down a country lane with the same 2 cars and the impreza would beat it.

but yeah, if the lad got off on beating an impreza then lovely. i probably would too.
BradG

28th Jan 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Impreas, would rather have a corsa sleeper tho! Sitting at the lights next to some chump at the lights with a fancy car n rip him to bits
I'm a child at heart!
SportBoy

28th Jan 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baiting ponces in bmw's is where its at
dale87

28th Jan 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

focus st's arent that much better than a corsa on the road imho. i've drove 3 of them, one after jumping out of a e46 m3 and it felt like a boat!

To be honest I rekon i'd be equal to a focus in my little xe corsa on 'windy' public roads and get done by an impreza, but i am used to driving my corsa hard so might just be me. perhaps on a track it would be different story but on the roads the focus is closer to handling like a corsa than a impreza.

(for the record ive never driven a impreza but i've drove an evo 5 and 6 and the 4wd just puts it miles ahead of fwd cars on twisty roads)
Nic Barnes

28th Jan 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i'm not baiting i was simply saying the scooby isn't going to win against a lightweight fast corsa in a straight line.

drive down a country lane with the same 2 cars and the impreza would beat it.

thats such an obvious comment to make though. its not some new ground breaking news that corsas dont handle.

can you place your bait perhaps on passion ford?
Ojc

28th Jan 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scoobies don't handle that well, and when they are pushing it the owners tend to rely too much on their 4x4 and crash.
BradG

28th Jan 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never drove a 4WD car, Just several FWD. Been out in 2 of my brothers Imprezas tho! (Could of done with some bog roll tbh!)
Wrighty

28th Jan 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
corsa's/nova's dont handles has anyone, been to any trackays etc this year, its boring now

time and time again i see pics/vids/watched people like:

Daveb/Lee303/robsbd/Dar/Ollie Hewit etc etc overtake all the "decent" handlng cars, and overtake 500bhp Jags at brands hathc, just for example

just how do you know if the people driving the 'decent' handling cars are as skilled or willing to push as hard as the people above?

everyone raves on here how good they are on tracks, if theyre so good why dont they race as a hobby or something and get something out of it? or is it just all E-points
dale87

28th Jan 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Scoobies don't handle that well, and when they are pushing it the owners tend to rely too much on their 4x4 and crash.

I have a mate who's done this 5 times Then he got an evo 7 and says he'll never go back to a subaru.
jr

28th Jan 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to give you a example wrighty, which will mean you will proberly retreat back

Jaguar at brands hatch, driven by professional Driver James Pickford (BTCC and GT3 driver also AutosportBritish Club Driver of the Year and SEAT Cupra Championship)

Lee in a shonky red nova

result - a jag which couldnt overtake

why dont they race ? same reason i dont, money

neo1 was racing his corsa, theres a few rally drivers that use CS that seem to win there classes ?

[Edited on 28-01-2010 by jr]
BradG

28th Jan 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale87
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I have a mate who's done this 5 times Then he got an evo 7 and says he'll never go back to a subaru.

5 times??
Ash_EP3

28th Jan 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too also love the thought of the 'underdog / sleeper' winning a race against a nice expensive car... but truth be told what would you rather own a corsa or a scooby?

I was thinking about getting a c20let corsa instead of the type r but when it really came down to what I'd rather own and then when I actually drove the Civic that's when I made my decision....

Sure corsa's have their upsides including being cheap for parts / to run but it's still the same old same old oh I drive a corsa... *queue tumbleweed and dissapointment*

Yes someone with a C20LET corsa would blitz most other cars on the road but it's better to buy a better benchmark...
jr

28th Jan 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really couldnt give a shit if people change their opinion of me if i have a corsa, if you relying on image then you'd go and buy a debadged 318 coupe
BradG

28th Jan 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
I too also love the thought of the 'underdog / sleeper' winning a race against a nice expensive car... but truth be told what would you rather own a corsa or a scooby?

I was thinking about getting a c20let corsa instead of the type r but when it really came down to what I'd rather own and then when I actually drove the Civic that's when I made my decision....

Sure corsa's have their upsides including being cheap for parts / to run but it's still the same old same old oh I drive a corsa... *queue tumbleweed and dissapointment*

Yes someone with a C20LET corsa would blitz most other cars on the road but it's better to buy a better benchmark...

Yeah, can see where your coming from. But still rather have a sleeper! The shear thrill of doing so would be immense

Anyone want to let me experience being behind the wheel of a C20LET??

SportBoy

28th Jan 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when citroen used to use the fwd xsara in rallying it would normally beat the subarus? im sure i remeber that being the case. .. could be wrong tho. allso it was about 50bhp down on the subarus.

edit this was on the tarmac stages.

edit edit ... infact i think the xsara used to win the tarmac stages outright.

[Edited on 28-01-2010 by SportBoy]
Nic Barnes

28th Jan 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i really couldnt give a shit if people change their opinion of me if i have a corsa, if you relying on image then you'd go and buy a debadged 318 coupe

same. im more than happy to own a corsa. more than happy to tell anyone i do aswell. i actually like owning a corsa. oh, and i like owning a vauxhall.

Ojc

28th Jan 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Yes boi!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa eats STi 22 database queries in 0.0093660 seconds