corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cone Filter?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cone Filter?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could put a gearbox on the corsa that has a top gear ratio which is capable of 200mph but it would never get there.

Bhp is required to over come drag, the more bhp you have or the more areodynamic the car is the faster it will go.
jay2907

29th Jan 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You could put a gearbox on the corsa that has a top gear ratio which is capable of 200mph but it would never get there.

Bhp is required to over come drag, the more bhp you have or the more areodynamic the car is the faster it will go.

i was told awhile ago saxos are quicker off mark due to better ratio thats all dint know if it were true i just thought cos theyre lighter... but i didnt meen if it had a gbox capable of 200 it would get there..
DaveyLC

29th Jan 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its because they weigh less and have a better engine.

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by DaveyLC]
Ingham
Banned

29th Jan 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupidly I had a Pipercross XL (200mm) cone on mine. Was nice-ish sound but performed worse than a dehydrated 300lb 60 year old with pill dick.
am4nf

29th Jan 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a lot better, definatly, but when I fitted a cone to my gf's 12 valve the eml kept coming on and the car kept dying and wouldnt go anywhere
cjohnson

29th Jan 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Ingham
Stupidly I had a Pipercross XL (200mm) cone on mine. Was nice-ish sound but performed worse than a dehydrated 300lb 60 year old with pill dick.

seen this on Rowans car

On topic, I drilled the airbox on my 12v and it had the biggest flat spot ever! Just get a k&n panel filter in a standard airbox and leave it at that matey.
mattk

29th Jan 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saxo VTRs and VTs`s have a theroetical tiop speed of 175 mph, 5th gear on them is huuuuuuuuuge
N3CRO

29th Jan 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
quote:

seen this on Rowans car

On topic, I drilled the airbox on my 12v and it had the biggest flat spot ever! Just get a k&n panel filter in a standard airbox and leave it at that matey.

I've had a drilled and derestricted airbox on my 12v for about 2 years now and never had a flat spot.
*JonnyG*

29th Jan 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only derestricted my airbox, didn't drill it, left standard filter in too. Sounds like a v6 in a way, just doesn't go like 1.
Ingham
Banned

29th Jan 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
quote:

seen this on Rowans car

Sounds a beast on Row's Sport.
Ben G

29th Jan 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
why does everyone pressume all boxes read high?

why do they never read under or read correctly?

think about it.

if a speedo under read and you got flashed by a camera whilst you were travelling through it at 30mph then manufacturers would get fucked over.
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
saxo VTRs and VTs`s have a theroetical tiop speed of 175 mph, 5th gear on them is huuuuuuuuuge

Nah its just the vtr's and yer its huge

its what gives them good mpg on runs though

I drilled just clipped bits off of the airbox on the gsi. Could put it back then if I wanted. Just make sure you do it on the side closest to the wing not the engine. Otherwise you will just be sucking in warm air like nic said.

Dont know if it made it faster but it mad it sound alot nicer with this mod and a K&N pannel in

Pics

these are the bits I took off

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cone Filter? 23 database queries in 0.0104830 seconds