corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa is off to Juve as early as the end of the weekend

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rafa is off to Juve as early as the end of the weekend
mwg

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were reporting yesterday that was what was going to happen. I guess they are working on the hope that Liverpool wont make the top 4 in the PL then they will make their move as Rafarant is more likely to want or at least feel like he has to leave then.
Cosmo

29th Jan 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he doesnt get top 4 then I think he will go.
Limecat
Banned

29th Jan 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
If he doesnt get top 4 then I think he will go.

I honestly don't think he would get sacked, even if they didn't get the top 4 as it strikes me that they do not have the money to do so. That's why they shat bricks and bunged something like a 5 year contract at him as soon as he started to over-exceed with a sub-standard Premiership challenging team. They didn't want to risk him fucking off for nothing or little money so they tied him in and now it is biting them on the arse.

The job of a manager, in any sector, is to improve upon what you are given, to extract results and get the best from people. OK, he did get that with the Champions League Final with a team that wasn't his own, albeit he rode more luck than Jody Marsh has ridden dick.

I don't think it can be argued that he has progressed the team or the squad since, the current position shows that and although it isn't the end of the season the squad or team doesn't look much better from his signings (other than Torres and Mascherano) than what he was left with?

It isn't Liverpool improving as such in recent years, it is just that their rivals have got complacent and dropped the standard. That's why the gap has narrowed.
mwg

29th Jan 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Popcorn at the ready
Cosmo

29th Jan 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I honestly don't think he would get sacked, even if they didn't get the top 4 as it strikes me that they do not have the money to do so. That's why they shat bricks and bunged something like a 5 year contract at him as soon as he started to over-exceed with a sub-standard Premiership challenging team. They didn't want to risk him fucking off for nothing or little money so they tied him in and now it is biting them on the arse.

I actually think he'd walk, hold his hands up and offer his resignation, if he didnt get the top 4.

Anyway - you kind of contradict yourself there. If they dont have the money why would that mean they shit bricks and offer him a 5yr deal? They have put him on a deal that would get pretty much any other top manager out there, so its not like they tied a cheap well performing manager down, just an expensive manager.

quote:

The job of a manager, in any sector, is to improve upon what you are given, to extract results and get the best from people. OK, he did get that with the Champions League Final with a team that wasn't his own, albeit he rode more luck than Jody Marsh has ridden dick.

Upon what you are given - he is given a squad that includes the likes of Johnson, Agger, Aurelio, Riera, Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres. All of which have been taken away from him for long periods through injury. No matter what you say, he was expected to push on this year with a team that included those, and has had to get where he is now with a team that doesnt include them.

And you mention the one CL final. What about the FA Cup win. The 2nd CL final (bearing in mind Fergie at the time had not got to two finals in all that time). The constant CL runs to the semis. Last season.

Say luck all you want - but you'd be an ignorant prick for doing so.

quote:

I don't think it can be argued that he has progressed the team or the squad since, the current position shows that and although it isn't the end of the season the squad or team doesn't look much better from his signings (other than Torres and Mascherano) than what he was left with?

Our team at the end of the season before Rafa took over included.....

Dudek - Reina is possibly the worlds best keeper currently - a £6m signing by Rafa.
Finnan - Arbeloa (£2.5m) and Johnson are both miles better, although Finnan was quality.
Carra and Hyypia - cant question those, and Rafa got the best out of, and added Agger.
Riise - started great, then didnt score for over 18 months. Replaced with Aurelio on a free and a young Insua.

Hamann and Gerrard - Gerrard has come on since Rafa was here. Add in Masch, Alonso and posisbly both Aquilani and Lucas.
Murphy - see above for a load of much better players.

Heskey, Kewell - Kewell actually played more time under Rafa, most of it injured. Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun all better players.

Owen - Torres. Nuff said.

Ignoring the direct comaprison - to name on 2 players as good signings by Rafa and ignoring Reina, Agger, Alonso (although sold), Aurelio, Benayoun and Kuyt is ridiculous.

quote:

It isn't Liverpool improving as such in recent years, it is just that their rivals have got complacent and dropped the standard. That's why the gap has narrowed.

Of course it is, even though they have all spent, net, and a lot more money since Rafa has been here.
Cosmo

29th Jan 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Popcorn at the ready

chomp away.
Limecat
Banned

29th Jan 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not done to get a reaction fella. It is just my personal outlook.

OK, Cosmo's personal outlook will be that 2010/11 is Liverpools year but he must feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day by now?

According to the bin dippers it has been their year since before Christ was born!
Cosmo

29th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's not done to get a reaction fella. It is just my personal outlook.

OK, Cosmo's personal outlook will be that 2010/11 is Liverpools year but he must feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day by now?

According to the bin dippers it has been their year since before Christ was born!

Nah nah, of course you'll get the stupid fans who have said its out year every year - but on here and on the sane Liverpool forums you'll of found that its only this year (and obviously as last year went on which was vindicated) that we've said we should be up there in the running.

And imo this year is a full write off (no matter who the manager was) simply down to the amount of injuries to our first team.
Marc

29th Jan 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want my advice, you need more depth
Limecat
Banned

29th Jan 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you really think it is down to injuries?

Johnson, Gerrard and Torres. Johnson is shit anyway unless he is going forward IMO.

ManUre have been raped at the back (ooh err) yet are still in contention.

Arsenal haven't had an easy ride either TBH. (I have a months bonus on them to win the league which I had written off after the Chelsea result, I put it on the day before!) I have an Arsenal bias if anything as they can tear ANY team apart. (With the run of games they have comig up I expet to write off £1350!)

It's more than injuries Cosmo. So if Torres is out, who is next in line? EXACTLY.

United have Shrek, Owen, Berbatoss.

Arsenal, Van Persie, Bendtnar, Vela, Eduardo, Walcott can play there etc.

Tottenham have Defoe, Keane, Crouch, Pavywanko etc.

Man Shitty have Tevez, Robinho (or had), Bellendmy, Benjani, that cunt htey bought from Blackburn etc.

You must look at your 'rivals' and surely grasp that he has fucked up massively?

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's more than injuries Cosmo. So if Torres is out, who is next in line? EXACTLY.

United have Shrek (19), Owen (2), Berbatoss (7).

Arsenal, Van Persie (7), Bendtnar (1), Vela (0), Eduardo (3), Walcott (1) can play there etc.

Tottenham have Defoe (14), Keane (6), Crouch (3), Pavywanko (0) etc.

Man Shitty have Tevez (12), Robinho (or had), Bellendmy (6), Benjani, that cunt htey bought from Blackburn (2) etc.

You must look at your 'rivals' and surely grasp that he has fucked up massively?

See the number of goals those 'back ups' have scored this season and compare to ours.

Torres - 12
Kuyt - 7
Benayoun - 5
Gerrard - 5
Ngog - 4
Marc

30th Jan 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Torres - 12
Kuyt - 7
Benayoun - 5
Gerrard - 5
Ngog - 4

Rooney - 21
Owen - 7
Berbatov - 7
Valencia - 6
Giggs - 4
Scholes - 4
Carrick - 4
mwg

30th Jan 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll say he meant in the league
Marc

30th Jan 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know he will!
Nath

30th Jan 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, LETGSI16V really got Cosmo on the defensive there.
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, all PL stats. I can add the others in if you want, Ngog, Kuyt and Benayoun will all of scored more.
mwg

30th Jan 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and where has all this got you exactly
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt say it had got us anywhere, I was just proving that the shite LETSWHATEVER was spouting was a load fo rubbish - for the 2nd time in this thread.
Cavey

30th Jan 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny Murphy was better than most of those names.............

Limecat
Banned

30th Jan 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

United have Shrek (19), Owen (2), Berbatoss (7).

Arsenal, Van Persie (7), Bendtnar (1), Vela (0), Eduardo (3), Walcott (1) can play there etc.

Tottenham have Defoe (14), Keane (6), Crouch (3), Pavywanko (0) etc.

Man Shitty have Tevez (12), Robinho (or had), Bellendmy (6), Benjani, that cunt htey bought from Blackburn (2) etc.

See the number of goals those 'back ups' have scored this season and compare to ours.

Torres - 12
Kuyt - 7
Benayoun - 5
Gerrard - 5
Ngog - 4

You really didn't grasp what I was getting at did you?

Lets imagine your entire squad is fit? 4 of those 5 would be in your first team anyway in all likely hood.

The other teams I mentioned was in reference to depth as they wouldn't all be in the starting line up!
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well lets look at it...

You named Rooney, Berbatov and Owen. Now 2 of these are starters. Of the one who isnt, Ngog has scored twice as many goals.

For Arsenal you named Van Persie and Bendtnar, both of which when fit are starters. Of the others (including Wallcott who Id class as a starter), Ngog has scored more goals.

Spurs you named Defoe, Keane and Crouch who between the 3 are or more or less starters. Either way Ngog has scored more than Crouch. He has also scored more than the big Russian.

City I actually couldnt name their starting players, presuming Bellamy, Adebayor and Tevez are, Ngog has scored more than the rest.

So yes, I got what you were saying, and you were wrong then and still wrong now.

You should really think about this a bit more.
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So considering you think you were trying to get at 'strength of the squad, you named something like 11 out of those 17 players who are actual starters.
Limecat
Banned

30th Jan 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well lets look at it...

You named Rooney, Berbatov and Owen. Now 2 of these are starters. Of the one who isnt, Ngog has scored twice as many goals.

Yet has no doubt played far more football this season and when he has had been the focal point of the attack? Blinker-tastic. Man Ure are still up there though.

quote:
For Arsenal you named Van Persie and Bendtnar, both of which when fit are starters. Of the others (including Wallcott who Id class as a starter), Ngog has scored more goals.

It is rare that both Bendtner and Van Persie start as they are similar in their style of play, albeit different in talent as trying to compare Bendtner to Van Persie should normally be treated with ridicule. Again, they are still up there.

Walcott doesn't play as a striker/attacker typically when in the first team (though I want to see him pushed up there for the World Cup as, if fit, he should be a starter at International level for me!)

Again, I suspect that Ngog has played more football than Walcott (one 'l') this season? I would expect Ngog to have scored more goals in the Premiership this season than I have due to the fact he has had his chance - I however haven't!

quote:
Spurs you named Defoe, Keane and Crouch who between the 3 are or more or less starters. Either way Ngog has scored more than Crouch. He has also scored more than the big Russian.

I think you would struggle to argue that all 3 are starters. Can you find me when they were?

Has Ngog scored more than Crouch? I very much doubt it but I am interested to see what you have to back it up?

I would also expect Ngog with his chances to have scored more than Pavlywanko who I would assume hasn't played a single full game this season?

quote:
City I actually couldnt name their starting players, presuming Bellamy, Adebayor and Tevez are, Ngog has scored more than the rest.

Me either TBH.

quote:
So yes, I got what you were saying, and you were wrong then and still wrong now.

You should really think about this a bit more.

Desperate Cosmo. Stating someone is wrong on the Internet doesn't make it fact, especially when this about depth of striking talent and you are naming people who would start elsewhere by virtue of the fact that they are not strikers/natural forward players.

As you say, please put a bit more thought into the topic before you show yourself up again.

[Edited on 30-01-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

30th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, so now you're bringing playing time in to it.

First you just mention our inability to score without Torres compared to other teams - which I proved wrong.

The it was back up players scoring not starters (even though you mostly named starters in your list - which I proved wrong.

And now you're saying it playing time of those back up players are getting which matters.

And just to prove you wrong again, giving the example of Owen (which is fair as he is a back up player for a better team this season, and a (ex) world class player) - Ngog has played less minutes this season than him yet scored more goals.

Sorry to make you seem stupid for the 3rd time. Have another go at changing the point of your post and lets see if we can get you there eventually.
Limecat
Banned

30th Jan 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh, so now you're bringing playing time in to it.

First you just mention our inability to score without Torres compared to other teams - which I proved wrong.

I note you like to lie on the Internet. Could you show me that quote that you say I made?

What a totally thick statement to make. That's like saying only 1 person in a team will score goals!?!

quote:
The it was back up players scoring not starters (even though you mostly named starters in your list - which I proved wrong.

And now you're saying it playing time of those back up players are getting which matters.

You didn't though. Thats the thing. The only thing you have proved is your inability to discuss a point as you keep claiming things are 'wrong' on a subjective point. If I said the square root of 9 is either 2 or -2 I would be wrong...on this I am not.

Of course it is doen to playing time? If someone doesn't play in the Premiership would it be fair to compare them? I am sure I could find someone at Infant School level that has a better scoring ratio than Torres but as they would have 0 minutes of Premiership playing time would it be right for me to say he is a better player which seems to be what you are suggesting is the case? So someone who typically doesn't play as a striker and has fewer minutes of football under his belt is not as good as someone who does typically play as a striker (when the only decent one is injured) and has played more this season?

You are fucking priceless Cosmo. So are you actually saying Ngog is a better player than Walcott etc?

quote:
And just to prove you wrong again, giving the example of Owen (which is fair as he is a back up player for a better team this season, and a (ex) world class player) - Ngog has played less minutes this season than him yet scored more goals.

Sorry to make you seem stupid for the 3rd time. Have another go at changing the point of your post and lets see if we can get you there eventually.

I have already said I doubt that Owen has played more Premiership football this season than Ngog has, which as you wanked on about goals scored based on Premiershiup matches I assume you have access to something which could confirm that one way or the other? Could you use that?

I love the way you say he is a back up player for a better team 'this season'. That team has been better than you for almost 2 DECADES!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa is off to Juve as early as the end of the weekend 23 database queries in 0.0175538 seconds