corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Footy Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Footy Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
6th Feb 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just back in. Good result even if the performance was shocking although worked hard for it.

Have yet to see the red card again, but from what I saw the first time the ball was kind of under his feet when he went in two footed so wasnt a lunge or anything - plus Pienaar's challenge was a hell of a lot worse. Thought he gave them a lot more of the results - again yet to see it again, but what the hell was the Gerrard booking for?

Still, a fucking great result with 10 men, get in
p

6th Feb 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the hell was the Gerrard yellow for ?

Well perhaps the way he lunged in at Steven Pienaar when the ball was gone.

John G

6th Feb 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee

mascherano tackled pienaar, pienaar was on the floor not in control of the ball, gerrard, slide in GOT THE BALL and caught pienaar that was on the floor, aka not a foul, plus pienaar shouldnt have even been on the pitch!
p

6th Feb 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee

mascherano tackled pienaar, pienaar was on the floor not in control of the ball, gerrard, slide in GOT THE BALL and caught pienaar that was on the floor, aka not a foul, plus pienaar shouldnt have even been on the pitch!

Was a blatent yellow. But yeah Peinas shouldn't of been on the field with his challenge. Any way Gerrard deserved the yellow for his dive earlier in the game.
Cosmo

6th Feb 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I know is the ref DID NOT blow up for a foul. He let the play (with us in control) go on and it was only because that dutch central defender guy squared up to Gerrard and it all kicked off that he stopped play.
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen the replays.

I suppose the greek should of been sent off for two footed, but at the same time the fake fro should of been sent off for an equally bad two footed tackle on him.

Pienaar should of well been off for the tackle of Masch - that was identical to the tackle Masch got sent off for against Pompy and got a 4 match ban for.
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and McCarthy missing an open goal.

50k a week
jr

7th Feb 10 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Oh, and McCarthy missing an open goal.

50k a week

mwg

7th Feb 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The United game was a funny one. We didn't play bad but it wasn't all that exciting. Probably in part to being sat in line with the half way line & most of the people around me didn't sing or shout?! Boring cunts.
Marc

7th Feb 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were there any scarfs though?
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't quite up to Liverpool standards of scarves.

The whole stadium was singing "we want glaziers out" and swinging their scarves round at one point once we knew we had the points in the bag was the only time I heard the people round me make a noise.

The minutes silence before the match was very very weird having so many people not make a noise!

[Edited on 07-02-2010 by mwg]
Simon

7th Feb 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed Match of the Day yesterday, anywhere you can watch it, BBC don't repeat or have it online
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not as far as I know. They show a round up of Saturdays goals at the end of MOTD2 on Sunday night but its literally only the goals
Simon

7th Feb 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was only the Man U goals I wanted, found them on youtube. Last Goal is a cracker
Nic Barnes

7th Feb 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quite enjoyed the liverpool game yesterday lunchtime. proper throw back type game to derby cames of old. not much football played. 10 men win it from a set piece. awful tackles. i think the ref did as good as he could. good to see liverpool back to 4th though.

man utd won without trying really. made it look so easy. 2 own goals and a big deflection for carricks but still. pompey had nothing. what a mess that club is in.

friday night newcastle won 5-1 against cardiff. i think this is the first time in my life i can actually say newcastle have the best defensive record out of all 4 divisions. probably be the last time i will say it aswell.
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger - "If we play at our best, we will beat them" I hope he doesn't regret saying that in a few hours time
Marc

7th Feb 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose a low score draw is too much to ask today!
Tommy L

7th Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our defensive has been appauling/none existent over years and is now looking pretty good which is promising. We apparently were really good on Friday and i think he started 6 of his Jan signings? I think routledge is going to be awesome.

Today is either going to be an amazing display from Chelsea and thump Arsenal like Man U did last week if they concede an early goal or its going to be a close 1-0 game. I want Arsenal to win but i can't see them doing it unfortunately.
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Was only the Man U goals I wanted, found them on youtube. Last Goal is a cracker

Link? Every vid I try on there is just a still image with a link to some dodgy website
Nic Barnes

7th Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Our defensive has been appauling/none existent over years and is now looking pretty good which is promising. We apparently were really good on Friday and i think he started 6 of his Jan signings? I think routledge is going to be awesome.

Today is either going to be an amazing display from Chelsea and thump Arsenal like Man U did last week if they concede an early goal or its going to be a close 1-0 game. I want Arsenal to win but i can't see them doing it unfortunately.

yeah 6 signings started the game. all played well.
Marc

7th Feb 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, Newcastle look good now and the fans are happy, but what happens when the club get promoted back to the PL and become an average team again.

Or are the fans just wanting to be back?
Tommy L

7th Feb 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just want to be back. But if we do get back we'll attract a few decent names in the summer i think. We look good now in championship, yeah, but we are a lot better than other team imo. If we do go back up we won't be fighting to stay up, i dont think.

[Edited on 07-02-2010 by corsa_tomtom]
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are surely going to be better than Portsmouth (although they will go down), Wolves, Burnley, West Ham etc. so cant see you going down again
Marc

7th Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said a while ago its probably good that the team got relegated. Probably put a lot in to perspective.
Nic Barnes

7th Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Thing is, Newcastle look good now and the fans are happy, but what happens when the club get promoted back to the PL and become an average team again.

Or are the fans just wanting to be back?

me personally, id be happy being an average premier league team for a while again (although ive enjoyed this season so far). yeah we are doing well in the championship, but nobody wants to be there. the club and the fans want back to the premier league.

i think we have enough decent players to stay in premier league if we go back up. then as tomtom corsa says, attract a few players later on.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Footy Thread 23 database queries in 0.0093689 seconds