corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Day... who wants it?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day... who wants it?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a quick glance through off day and general chat I counted 4 bike related threads in the last 3 days, that's including this one and K3V MU's bikers/power rangers thread.

1-2 threads a day doesn't call for a subforum imo
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by jr
its a corsa site ?

ive posted more threads about fors in the last year than there ever has been about bikes, yet ford day doesnt exsist

its a corsa site, but theres geek day and sports day, house day, Snap day!
forums that cater for a wide variety of hobbies etc.
There are quite a few bikers on here, as well as people looking to become bikers!

well im going to start a pertition for a new sub forum that has nothing to do with the reason behind the site just because i want one too

end of the day i dont have any say in it, but we might as well start having sub forums for any subject 10 or more members have ever had a intrest in, i will therefore be asking Ian for a pot plant forum

if it sits anywhere, it should be over on the new WR forum when it relanches, not on CORSAsport

Find me 10 forum members into pot plants
jr

16th Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by jr
theres loads of people on here that now have french cars, more than bikers, but there isnt a sub forum for that

all these forums that run with loads of sub forums look rubbish, make each room look really quite and just genrally dont work IMO

But French cars is too similar to the main topic of site, wheras bikes are more different, and can be treated as a hobby etc. Like Sport, Photography, being a Geek, Houses etc.

Personally I feel there is more than enough demand for it.

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by Ben J]

personally i think theres enough forums out there for all the bike info your ever need without making a website about small corsa hatchbacks cater for every type of hobby under the sun

Visordown and Bike Banter on Pistonheads would do what your suggusting but 1000 times better

as above all IMO as its nothing to do with me, the only place i can see it sitting is over on WR
jr

16th Feb 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
theres loads of people on here that now have french cars, more than bikers, but there isnt a sub forum for that

all these forums that run with loads of sub forums look rubbish, make each room look really quite and just genrally dont work IMO

But French cars is too similar to the main topic of site

not really, this is corsasport, but theres a fuck load more questions about them than bikes, and at the end of the day they are both engined powerd vechiles, neither of them beeing made by vauxhall
corsa120

16th Feb 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well dont post up stuff about shitty fords and people would not get these idea's haha only joking im totally impartial...

i personally think it would not be the worst thing in the world as ive talked to more people on here about bikes because i attend this site very often and having to flick between forums with unfamilar people is rubbish......... so i say yes but dont bother me either way!

ima biker i say yes........

there is a sub forum for weekend racer which has nothing to do with vauxhalls as it brand variant but works well dont it and quite a few corsa memebers have bikes now... me included

but like i say i would not be bothered either way if we had one id use it if we did'nt no skin off my nose

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by corsa120]

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by corsa120]
Daimo B

16th Feb 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do kinda agree with JR. We don't have that many bike posts, and when we do they usually hang around the top few forum pages for a while and we all bundle in those. But, also its winter atm, and I can see people posting some pics of rideouts n stuff this summer.

I'd use the sub forum for sure, but im not really fussed about not having one.
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I do kinda agree with JR. We don't have that many bike posts, and when we do they usually hang around the top few forum pages for a while and we all bundle in those. But, also its winter atm, and I can see people posting some pics of rideouts n stuff this summer.

FUCKING SHOCKER.......

I had you down as a BIKEDAY Warrior....
jr

16th Feb 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

thank fuck for that, i havent got the time to debate on the internet about this with you
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With VXR onside we were onto a winner but with that limp post its looking a bit shabby now.
Graham88

16th Feb 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see both sides of the story but there isn't really many threads overall to warrant having it
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I can see both sides of the story but there isn't really many threads overall to warrant having it

Let down again!!!

Colin

16th Feb 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rename Geek day as Gimp day & post your bike stuff in there!!

Personally I dont see a big enough demand to warrant a sub forum!!
Daimo B

16th Feb 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the same thing years ago though when I sorted PVS one year. I wanted corsas only, and when other cars wanted to join, I said no. These people were IE cool though so I got another online hammering

All changed now though it seems

It IS still a corsa site, and there are bike sites about. But im sure people on here also like reading about them.
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't trust anything without an engine.

pfft

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Graham88

16th Feb 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

Let down again!!!

If there were plenty of threads it'd be good for 2 reasons, everything is in one place for others to read back over, and secondly so people not interested don't have to see the topics popping up.

Like Sports Day, I have no interest in anything like that so I'm glad it's in a seperate room cause I don't have to click on it, but as I say there aren't really that many bike threads.
Bonney

16th Feb 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about if we include the people with Push irons aswell. Theres a few of them on here, What about "2 wheel day" or something along those lines.

1. deanmcreynolds26
2. Ben J
3. ryanhughes
4. Nath
5. Fir3vip3r
6. cjohnson
7. NeilM
8. DannyMcCann
9. Bonney66

I would more than happy help with the moderation side of things if it does come to light.

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by Bonney66]
Ant B

16th Feb 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to have a bike day,
put me on the list
Ant B

16th Feb 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
What about if we include the people with Push irons aswell. Theres a few of them on here, What about "2 wheel day" or something along those lines.

1. deanmcreynolds26
2. Ben J
3. ryanhughes
4. Nath
5. Fir3vip3r
6. cjohnson
7. NeilM
8. DannyMcCann
9. Bonney66
10.ant b

I would more than happy help with the moderation side of things if it does come to light.

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by Bonney66]
_Allan_

16th Feb 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pot Plant Lovers.

1. _Allan_
deanmcreynolds26

16th Feb 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uch well only a suggestion it aint no biggy if it doesnt happen to be honest, but as someone says people who dont like sports or have a house may not use the sub forums for these as they have no interest so its kinda the same thing tbh mate,

ive seen plenty of posts from yourself about fords and they are pretty amazing posts in general chat which is related to all things car as far as im concerned...

ill maybe try that forum on PH never knew about it,

just seems lately ther has been quite a few bike posts and would be good to see them all in one place.... people can argue all day long on here ive not really got the time lol

but i can see both sides here and if there aint enough interest in it then no point tbh
corsa120

16th Feb 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with above bikeday would be more used than houseday im sure of it........

none bikers are just jelous of the performance haha jokin again
K3 VMU

16th Feb 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. deanmcreynolds26
2. Ben J
3. ryanhughes
4. Nath
5. Fir3vip3r
6. cjohnson
7. NeilM
8. DannyMcCann
9. Bonney66
10.ant b
11. K3 VMU

I would more than happy help with the moderation side of things if it does come to light. But its been spoked about before, i cant really see it happen.

although we have House day/sport day/geek day.....

none of them have wheels???

i think if we do have "bike day" then it should include motorbikes/push bikes/motocross/quads/etc

Graeme
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be intrested aslong as all you mx guys do some good threads aswell as my bike is fuked and havent got the motivation to fix it
mac1976

16th Feb 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. deanmcreynolds26
2. Ben J
3. ryanhughes
4. Nath
5. Fir3vip3r
6. cjohnson
7. NeilM
8. DannyMcCann
9. Bonney66
10.ant b
11. K3 VMU
12. mac1976
fir3vip3r

16th Feb 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love it with mx/push bikes/road bikes/quads etc

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Day... who wants it? 23 database queries in 0.0131948 seconds