corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car...not a vauxhall

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car...not a vauxhall
chrex

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, you are right, the syncro on 5th can go, but i've given it a good test and its fine and dandy. Best fix is to put a late-spec box on it...as honda sorted the problem in 2001/2002. I'm gonna be changing the box oil too soon, so that should help the longevity of it

Corsa Nut - Penmon Drive bud, round the corner from you from what John G tells me. Not there much tho...i'm either at work or at Adam-D's place
chrex

22nd Feb 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Booked into honda next monday to have the timing and balancer belts done. So then it should be solid and good for the summer, apart from the box oil which i'll get done by AB asa after the belts.

Andy - have you ever used VTEC Direct in Winsford?
andy1868

22nd Feb 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, best bet may be to ask round the honda forums to see if anyones used them since it changed hands last year. before it did i got the impression it was abit iffy, but i've no idea now.

what is it you're after? do Unit 8 have them? they're supposed to be stand-up guys and they're only based in Darwen

[Edited on 22-02-2010 by andy1868]
flybikeslee

22nd Feb 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great cars
chrex

22nd Feb 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
no, best bet may be to ask round the honda forums to see if anyones used them since it changed hands last year. before it did i got the impression it was abit iffy, but i've no idea now.

what is it you're after? do Unit 8 have them? they're supposed to be stand-up guys and they're only based in Darwen

yea they are apparently meant to be the danglies...but its still not honda...and for £40 more, i cant really complain tbh. Honda warranty any engine damage if the belt goes, whereas im not sure the aftermarket places do, their warranty is just for the parts (so they give you a new belt if it goes...where honda give you an engine).

i've not heard of unit 8...but will give them a look up.
andy1868

22nd Feb 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the manchester lot on MCR-VTEC seem to like them, never used them myself (as i haven't been modding anything lee )
chrex

23rd Feb 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the accord forum boys rave bout them too...so may give em a ring tomora. think the valve clearances may need adjusting/checking. And also check their price on timing belt/tensioner work...
random dav
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice, dont see many of them.

WRLFC !

Project cars
flybikeslee

23rd Feb 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
all the manchester lot on MCR-VTEC seem to like them, never used them myself (as i haven't been modding anything lee )

oem wanker
chrex

24th Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right...its now booked in at VTEC Direct for timing and balancer belts and tensioners, and also getting the gearbox oil and clutch fluid changed.

Going in first thing monday. Will have to cancel wit honda tomora. Seems they were wrong about the tensioners though...which is a bit of a worry tbh!

Anyways...Andy at V-D is a really helpful guy and seemed to really be interested in doing the job for me...which is refreshing

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car...not a vauxhall 23 database queries in 0.3397810 seconds