corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Argentina is at it again

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS Argentina is at it again
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
cue epic falklands war quotes :

BBC reporter Brian Hanrahan using the famous and memorable line "I'm not allowed to say how many planes joined the raid, but I counted them all out and I counted them all back."

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Feb 10 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Governor Sir Rex Hunt [on hearing of Argentine invasion plans]
Sounds like the buggers mean it.

Governor Sir Rex Hunt [to Admiral Carlos Busser, commander of the Argentine invasion force]
This is British territory. You're not invited. We don't want you here. I want you to go now and take all your men with you.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
andy1868

22nd Feb 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those are fighting words there ste fair dues to him though, he fucking meant it
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Feb 10 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I worked on Harriers, I worked with a few blokes that were there. Our gate guard outside the hangar was ex-Falklands mettle.

Ojc

User status: Online
23rd Feb 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it did come to Argentina trying something their A4s & Mirages would be hopeless against the Typhoons. It is like taking a stick to a gun fight! Providing they have the necassary ground support (technicians/ammo/fuel) then the four could easily handle what Argentina have, afterall, the Typhoon has a kill ration against the F16 (infinitly better than Mirage/A4)of 10:1 and 6:1 against the F15. In singapore a single RAF Typhoon 'took out' 3 RSAF F16s before they even saw it.
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a lovely planet, cant we all learn to share ???
ryzer

23rd Feb 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is exactly why we are building the new Daring class AA destroyers, and our new carriers, although they are way off being finished. the Typhoon will have no problems dispatching the argies french crap, i mean the harrier gave them a thumping too and the typhoon is a much more modern aircraft, and our first out and out fighter interceptor for many years.
ryzer

23rd Feb 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, send the vulcan to do a flyby. make sure they are reminded not to fuck with us
mwg

23rd Feb 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all Carlos Tevez's fault TBH
Aaron

23rd Feb 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send the SAS back in tbh...that might shut them up.
stuartmitchell

23rd Feb 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
What Stuart said, it's been running out for years

oh & it's a supply vessel containing drilling pipes

Thanks for clarifying mate, I couldnt remember is it was Pipelay or just supply!

Link today from Rigzone, we started drilling and told Argentina to ram it

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?hpf=1&a_id=88190
Daimo B

23rd Feb 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W

Governor Sir Rex Hunt [to Admiral Carlos Busser, commander of the Argentine invasion force]
This is British territory. You're not invited. We don't want you here. I want you to go now and take all your men with you.

Mad isn't it.

The 80's, thousands of miles from the UK, a distant island, a phrase like this defines the UK.... It says "don't f**k with us"

Fast forwards 20 years under labour, and say this outloud now, and you would be sent to jail with a playstation, gym, and 3 hot cooked meals a day for your trouble. Oh and be branded a racist, who is dangerous and given a section 69 for abusive and disrespectful comments.
MoesTavern

23rd Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If it did come to Argentina trying something their A4s & Mirages would be hopeless against the Typhoons. It is like taking a stick to a gun fight! Providing they have the necassary ground support (technicians/ammo/fuel) then the four could easily handle what Argentina have, afterall, the Typhoon has a kill ration against the F16 (infinitly better than Mirage/A4)of 10:1 and 6:1 against the F15. In singapore a single RAF Typhoon 'took out' 3 RSAF F16s before they even saw it.

I still can't believe they renamed the Eurofighter the Typhoon, the Germans must have been fucking fuming

It's like building a plane in England and calling it a Messerschmitt 109
DaveyLC

23rd Feb 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch the film "The mouse that roared", Thats Argentina.
ryzer

23rd Feb 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I still can't believe they renamed the Eurofighter the Typhoon, the Germans must have been fucking fuming

I dont understand, we had a Typhoon Fighter bomber in WW2. and isnt the Typhoon built by BAE, lets call it what we like! dont the Germans use typhoon?
andy1868

23rd Feb 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

part of it is being built by BAE, theres other companies from across Europe that make the other parts. according to wikipedia the Germans didn't want to call it the typhoon for that very reason, but they went ahead and called it the typhoon anyway
Daimo B

23rd Feb 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eurofighter was made up by 4 nations. Not just by the UK.

Thats why there was such a long process trying to get the bugger to fly.
MoesTavern

23rd Feb 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I dont understand, we had a Typhoon Fighter bomber in WW2. and isnt the Typhoon built by BAE, lets call it what we like! dont the Germans use typhoon?

As said it is designed/built by several nations including Germany, you don't think you'd find it offensive if you were a German that it's named after an Allied aircraft that killed Germans in WWII?
ryzer

23rd Feb 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be too fussed if they called it a FW190 tbh
J da Silva

23rd Feb 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate Argies with a passion, typical of them tbh.
leon.

23rd Feb 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we need a few more vulcans to do a fly past over argies territory
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will scare them enough tbh

stuartmitchell

24th Feb 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the South American and Caribbean countries have sided with Argentina and discussions moved to NEw York today.
SetH

24th Feb 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting development.
stuartmitchell

24th Feb 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems the yanks remain "neutral"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7040245.ece

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Argentina is at it again 23 database queries in 0.0165980 seconds