corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » guy filming himself being arrested for taking photographs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author guy filming himself being arrested for taking photographs
M2RTY

User status: Offline
25th Feb 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if people have made complaints then the police should do something about it

the photographer is just being damn akward, he knows fine well he hass done nothing wrong so why didnt he just cooperate
xa0s
Banned

25th Feb 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does get fucking annoying though, no word of a lie when I went up Canary Wharf with a camera I got stopped eight times in the space of an hour (by different security/Police). I get stopped all the time, and it gets really annoying. Most of the time if you flick through the photos and show that you're not taking pics of anything like security cameras (etc) they will let you on your way but there's been a few times when they've demanded me to delete certain photographs.

Like, once outside my house some guy I knew got stopped by the Police on his bike so I snapped a pic with my phone just to send him later, you know? And Police shouted, went over to them and he took my phone, put it into his pocket (scratching it in the process) and said it was illegal to photograph Police officers (etc). Blatant bullshit BUT it's easier to just agree than have your phone taken from you... If I was in the situation again I'd probably kick up a fuss but at the time I just wanted to go tbh so nodded and agreed, proper prick though
Welsh Dan

25th Feb 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is being a cock, although the Policewoman doesn't quite know the law. If you've got nothing to hide, give your details and you're on your way in 30 seconds

Besides, why would you want to bomb Accrington? Its reasonable-ish in Canary Wharf, what with previous history in the area.
alan-g-w

25th Feb 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top comment on the video makes sense.

'How come the photographers wouldn't just give them what they wanted. They would have stopped bothering them afterwords.

And for those of you proclaiming that the police&#65279; are harassing the two photographers, ask yourself this, would you want police officers to ignore a man with a camera carefully photographing your child's school? cause after all "they aren't doing anything anti-social" just like the photographers taking pictures of random strangers'

BUT at the same time it wasn't outside a school. It was in a town centre during christmas celebrations and taking pictures is something that's not exactly out of the ordinary.

But, again, by the way the police are talking about it and the fact that he wants to hide his identity makes it seem like he was into a bit of upskirt action or something...
andy1868

25th Feb 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the police want my details for any reason they can have them. whether it be getting pulled in the car, or taking photographs on the street. if theres nothing to hide then whats the problem?

on the other hand i can see where he's coming from but he's going about it in the wrong way. what was he hoping to achieve exactly? all this publicity isn't going to reverse the law under this constant state of fear that everybody seems to be in
alan-g-w

25th Feb 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough if they're wanting your details. But if they came up to you saying they were taking your details under the anti terrorism act would you be very happy about it?
andy1868

25th Feb 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'm not very happy about any of it, but denying them my details will only get me in more bother

last summer me and a mate were stopped and searched by the police under the misuse of drugs act round the corner from my house. that was more embarrassing than being asked for details on a public street. if you asked anyone i know you'll know i'm not a drug dealer/user in the same way i'm not a terrorist. but unfortunately if the police decide they want to search me i haven't got alot i can do about it
Twiggy

25th Feb 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have to have permission to to take pics in the street etc

How do paps get away with stalking celebs??
adiohead

25th Feb 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't have to have consent. even if you want to use the photos for commercial gain.

you don't have to give your details. the police were just being annoying because the guy knew his rights. that's why they made up a reason for arresting him.

they had to lie.
that is not right.

i've seen police do the exact same thing to two old women pensioners. they demanded details and the two old women would not give them.

we have rights and the police should respect them.
Graham88

25th Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolute joke. Prime example of Police making stuff up just to get someone arrested.

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by Graham88]
Mike GSi

25th Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely irrelivant but that bloke really sounds like the guy out of Gone in Sixty seconds
LukeS

25th Feb 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol accrington
Simon

25th Feb 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?
andy1868

25th Feb 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simon, YES! i remember that advert
DC90

25th Feb 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If two random blokes were taking pictures of my kids i'd certainly want to know they are legit and not paedophiles. How hard is it to give a name and address? He was just out to be a pain, he obviously read up on all of his rights and wanted to push the police as far as possible.
adiohead

25th Feb 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen at 2: 04

the police woman is wrong

there's nothing wrong with them asking what they're doing. but they have not right to demand their details.

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by adiohead]
Root

25th Feb 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
awkward bastard.

hardly being awkward. To give his details when there's no reason to, he sounds like a White, British male, a normal guy taking photographs of an event happening, not buildings to bomb etc. It's the police that are being awkward.

Good on him anyway, if he doesn't want to give him personal details and infringe his own privacy, that's up to him, especially when he's done nothing wrong.

and as far as checking details, you're telling me that the countries anti-terrorism acts...fuck mi5, all that bullshit, it's all down to the PCSO's stopping white, normal, people taking pictures. GO PCSO's, YOU CAN DO IT!
andy1868

25th Feb 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so white people don't commit acts of terrorism? would you be able to spot a member of the IRA in the street if he wasn't wearing a balaclava and brandishing an armalite?

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by andy1868]
Root

25th Feb 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
if people have made complaints then the police should do something about it

the photographer is just being damn akward, he knows fine well he hass done nothing wrong so why didnt he just cooperate

as said in the youtube comments.

seeing as you're personal details mean nothing to you, would you mind telling me your name and address?
Root

25th Feb 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
so white people don't commit acts of terrorism? would you be able to spot a member of the IRA in the street if he wasn't wearing a balaclava and brandishing an armalite?

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by andy1868]

I'm not saying white people don't commit terrorism. Of coarse it's happened in the past. But they've only hyped up the anti-terrorism laws recently after the tube bombings and made new laws since then etc.

This guy wasn't wearing a balaclava, he was showing his face, around the area most the day, taking photographs and as you can tell from the quality of the photographs and video footage, it's clearly his hobby as they must be decent cameras.
Root

25th Feb 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point the guy has proven by resisting arrest is that:

-pcso's clearly do not understand the law enough as some of the statements made by them were untrue.
-the police abuse their authority.

even if it's for our protection, they go too far. It's big brother in this country now, cameras everywhere. Our rights are infringed enough
Captain_Rosco

25th Feb 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
stupid terrorist act bullshit

I would like to see if you still have these views when terrorist blow up someone close to you !

adiohead

25th Feb 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Rosco
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
stupid terrorist act bullshit

I would like to see if you still have these views when terrorist blow up someone close to you !

i thought it was well established that the war on terror was/is just a front to occupy countries in the middle east. obviously not.

we coped with terrorism without it before! i've lived through terrorism. we don't need it

the fact is, the police woman got it wrong! she should have respected his right to not give details.

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by adiohead]
fir3vip3r

25th Feb 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
The point the guy has proven by resisting arrest is that:

-pcso's clearly do not understand the law enough as some of the statements made by them were untrue.
-the police abuse their authority.

even if it's for our protection, they go too far. It's big brother in this country now, cameras everywhere. Our rights are infringed enough

yes your right, all PCSO's dont know the law enough! Every police officer abuses there authority! and every terrorist walks around with a balaclava on, and cant take good pictures!

is there anywhere i can vote for you to be prime minister?
John

25th Feb 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any police officers explain to me how the terrorist act relates to stopping, searching, possibly deleting pictures and arresting people who are just out with their camera?

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by John]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » guy filming himself being arrested for taking photographs 22 database queries in 0.3782961 seconds