corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gave neutral feedback on ebay and check this reply from seller ROFL

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gave neutral feedback on ebay and check this reply from seller ROFL
AlexW

User status: Offline
25th Feb 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This goes great with another thread i was reading elsewhere.

You should package your goods in such a way they will not get broken in transit, ok so its a plastic case, it will bent and not break, but its not the point. I have endless amounts of jiffy bags here so i can post everything well. Hell the amount of bubble wrap i use i could make a bouncy castle!

I can never understand why people do it, I would pay extra to know something was packaged properly.
am4nf

25th Feb 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I agree wi him on postage gtf moaning! I hand delivered a tv other day,cost me 25 in petrol and i'd charged 40 postage,he got it quicker and actually in 1 piece so it was a double win. Scratched disc is out of order though and shit packing is just lazy.

But you cant charge on how much it takes you to take something to the post office, how would that work if you stayed in the middle of nowhere "oh yeah postage is £25 becuase it takes me 2 hours to drive to the nearest post office"
Carl

25th Feb 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I agree wi him on postage gtf moaning! I hand delivered a tv other day,cost me 25 in petrol and i'd charged 40 postage,he got it quicker and actually in 1 piece so it was a double win. Scratched disc is out of order though and shit packing is just lazy.

But you cant charge on how much it takes you to take something to the post office, how would that work if you stayed in the middle of nowhere "oh yeah postage is £25 becuase it takes me 2 hours to drive to the nearest post office"

He can charge what he want's, the other party has to agree to pay it, as long as it says 25 postage and packaging. If that is how much it costs to get to the post office then that is a cost incurred in regards to posting it, if it's not worth him selling it because the post office is 25 miles away then he'd have to put collection only.

Seth I meant quit moaning in regards to the postage, the rest I wholely agree with, I just structured the sentances poorly!
SetH

25th Feb 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but 74p can buy me 4 sugar mice
fir3vip3r

25th Feb 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you couldve borrowed my copy and returned it when complete!

wouldnt of charged you a penny!
SetH

25th Feb 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this game before but got bored, sold it, then missed it.
Shelly
Premium Member

25th Feb 10 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once bought 3 bras from an ebay shop. paid for them etc, nothing turned up. I contacted the seller and got no reply, couple of weeks later did it again and I just got fobbed off.

the items she had listed she didn't even have in stock and she'd taken my money. so I complained about her and she gave me negative feedback, saying that she couldn't contact me, never received the items in the end.

she just strung me along so much that the time you could make a complaint had passed. ebay just said there was nothing they could do about it. so I never buy from it anymore.

btw... they were new, still in bags, just cheaper than the big shops (well so I thought )
atz_49

26th Feb 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can see what the postage and packaging cost is before you buy / place a bid. It's designed to include the actual cost of the postage plus any expenses like materials and travel.

You agree into the postage and packaging cost before you bid. Simples. It therefore shouldn't be disputed afterwards as it's a known variable.

I agree with you on everything else. He sounds like a fool.
SetH

26th Feb 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its still ok for my item to arrive in nothing but a bin bag with writing on it? its that what you are saying?
jaffa

26th Feb 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have made a loss posting on ebay in the past. My mistake and I took the hit. wouldn't post an item out in a bin bag

Postage of £1.50 should of easily covered a jiffy bag and second class postage
ed

26th Feb 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He can charge whatever he wants for packaging and postage. Get over it.

Scratched disc on the other hand...
Bonney

26th Feb 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last things I posted out off ebay, I wrapped them in bubble wrap, Then put them in a box with some shredded newspaper which i then wrapped up in a black plastic bin bag and taped it up. Also stuck on a typed address label with some fragile stickers. Even sent it on the next day delivery!

And when they arrived, The seller sent me a message thanking me for packaging it so well and for getting it to him for the following morning.

Little did they know I got all of the stuff to package it up for free from work AND posted it through work for free
am4nf

27th Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the thing is some people actually refund you if they charged too much postage....
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 10 at 01:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The postage is agreed when you bid so you can't really dispute that after you've bid, unless it's so poor that it contributed to damage in transit.

Quite why you would pack something badly though I don't know. I have a stock of jiffy bags and bubble wrap after buying things, so I just use that.
Limecat
Banned

27th Feb 10 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
But the thing is some people actually refund you if they charged too much postage....

Is your life so shallow that 74 pence. Yes seventy four pence is important to you?

taylorboosh

27th Feb 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent wheels in bin bags with no padding, no complaints.....

scratched disk is out of order tbf

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gave neutral feedback on ebay and check this reply from seller ROFL 22 database queries in 0.0120659 seconds