corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another possible scammer?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another possible scammer?
Jake

User status: Offline
25th Mar 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Got to agree the for sale sectoion does need some kind of monitoring. my idea about a feedback system that comes under tehir name with amount of point was ignored

feedback is pointless. they'd only need to sign up, make one 'sale' and do a runner with the money, even if its just 20quid...

A minimum post requirement is probably for the best, say 200posts. The site doesnt need randoms signing up JUST to sell something.
Limecat
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Got to agree the for sale sectoion does need some kind of monitoring. my idea about a feedback system that comes under tehir name with amount of point was ignored

feedback is pointless. they'd only need to sign up, make one 'sale' and do a runner with the money, even if its just 20quid...

A minimum post requirement is probably for the best, say 200posts. The site doesnt need randoms signing up JUST to sell something.

200 posts?

I bet I hadn't made that many posts in the first 3 years I was on here.

Lets be honest, nothing is perfect. The fact this thread cropped up shows that people are looking out for other members. Sometimes too much 'protection' means people let their guard drop. The more you put in place to stop a scammer the more ground work they will put in.

Be thankful that this site has a fantastic owner who puts in his own time to help stop people being shafted. Many sites do not have that.
Andrew

25th Mar 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I bet they are scouse!
He said he was in Scotland in one of the threads, Southampton in a private message and provided an address in Leeds for delivery of stuff he's bought as jonnywsport.

Got full postal address, a few email addresses which I'll cross-reference across the rest of the data which may yeild a few phone numbers or something. So we're not in the worse position if he turns sour.

Warning is on anyway so that shouldn't be an issue unless anyone is particularly silly.

I didn't say where he was posting from, I said what they would sound like.

He will sound like a bin-dipper!

EDIT: By scouse I mean Everton. Not pretend scouse, Tranmere. Or wannabe scouse - Liverpool/Chester.

[Edited on 25-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]

What the fuck are you chatting

Chester people do not even like to be associated as scousers and people of the Wirral hate the fact the have an 0151 phone number... Get your facts right

Nothing against those on here from Chester but i'd never work there again with a bunch of stuck up snobs...

[Edited on 25-03-2010 by Andrew]
Limecat
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew is unaware of trolling.
Dan.H

25th Mar 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest no one seems to moderate the classifieds as much as they did so scammers are getting free reign same as people putting up threads with no price 'offers only' danny b used to be spot on but hes not been online for at least a month now could do with a shake up Tbh
Limecat
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danh785
To be honest no one seems to moderate the classifieds as much as they did so scammers are getting free reign same as people putting up threads with no price 'offers only' danny b used to be spot on but hes not been online for at least a month now could do with a shake up Tbh

That does annoy me. If they want offers, stick it on eBay.
Dan.H

25th Mar 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree danny used to sort it straight away the other mods are almost inactive

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another possible scammer? 22 database queries in 0.0101271 seconds