corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT Day
AK

User status: Offline
27th Mar 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell it - its not a good one.

You know what I mean... some cars are trouble.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by allza
E46 rear coil spirings are notorious for breaking. It wont be a fault with them fitting it however I would still think they would replace it under warranty. If they said that they have replaced it then they would of done. They may however try to say that you might have it a pothole etc to try and get out of it. Genuine parts usually have a fair warrantly with them though.

They said my brakes were in a safe condition for me to leave their premises as well and low & behold they failed shartly after with the investigation showing the bleed nipples had not been nipped up.

I wouldnt hold my breath at them forgetting to replace the spring I paid for tbh
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
sell it - its not a good one.

You know what I mean... some cars are trouble.

Yeah im going to.

Shame, because its a nice car to drive. Just cant get over the shoddyness of service & components.
Ben G

27th Mar 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

porsche sounds the better choice tbh. far more pimp.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'd be better leaving the car here for them to deal with or taking it there, chuck the keys at them & tell them to do what they will with it & i'll collect it when I can.

Technically my car wont have an MOT come Wednesday & ive not got the time to do anything about it. So wont be legal to drive it when im back home.

What a mess. Cars suck. Done 5k miles in this and its been one thing after another!!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Mar 10 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

springs are known for breaking, one went on mine just after i bought it and the other went a couple of weeks back, sounds like they have either forgotten to change the one that wasnt broken, they decided to make some mone by only fitting one or the fitter took the other new one and sold it on ebay, still though that car seems to be like jambo's was "jinxed"

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Bonney

27th Mar 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

WTF's happened to customer service!!

There is none now. Basically they have your money, and its tough if the part or vehicle is defective.

It seems to be the common practice I have found with all the dealers I have used.

[Edited on 27-03-2010 by Bonney]
SVM 286

27th Mar 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ! I didn't realise Prick Fit did MOTs. The very thought makes me shudder.

Sorry to hear of your woes Col.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything ive had done on that car has ended in disaster!!

Brake fluid change results in no brakes on a dual carriageway.

Parking sensors repaired....not working again a few months later.

Both rear springs replaced (possibly) and one fails after 1500 miles/4 months.

Nothing but hassle.

tbh id rather take my car for an MOt at kwik-fit than any of the small private owned places round here, or BMW for that matter!!

Just who can you trust these days!!!
Chris C

27th Mar 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old man has just had to have his rear springs replaced on his 06 plate 318ci, seems to be a common problem.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats fine but I had both mine done in november & apparently ones snapped again after 1500 miles of light use.
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Mar 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And one of mine broke recently too Obviously not a BMW but everyone's springs seem to be breaking

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Sport21

27th Mar 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E36's suffer the same with the rear springs.Youd think with the E46 they would have got it sorted.Esp the likes of an M3.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that most got my goat was the garages response when I told them that I need a car to drive 500 miles on a business trip next week & now cant take my own was 'sorry theres nothing we can do until Monday'.

If I had been the person taking that call id be doing my all to get the customer sorted out. Not just leave them with a problem.

Theres 2.5 million people unemployed in the UK yet a large proportion of those that are in employment are useless unhelpful & just dont give a fuck.

Thats mostly what grips my shit tbh.

Mechanical failure I can accept, even if this is the case here after such a short amount of time/use.
SVM 286

27th Mar 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Everything ive had done on that car has ended in disaster!!

Brake fluid change results in no brakes on a dual carriageway.

Parking sensors repaired....not working again a few months later.

Both rear springs replaced (possibly) and one fails after 1500 miles/4 months.

Nothing but hassle.

tbh id rather take my car for an MOt at kwik-fit than any of the small private owned places round here, or BMW for that matter!!

Just who can you trust these days!!!

Good point Col.

I don't think the problem lies with your lovely car though. I think it lies with the useless shower of gobshites doing the alleged 'repairs' on her.

Sounds like that fucking BMW dealer wants shutting down pal.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want this - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201012355532539/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/22500/price-to/40000/model/911/make/porsche/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/fk39ar/radius/100?logcode=p

Says he will px against a E46 M3 SMG which I do have....dont have 10k to hand him at the minute though
Nath

27th Mar 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porsche
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This ones mint & just a few miles away - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201011354721811/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/22500/price-to/40000/model/911/make/porsche/radius/100/quicksearch/true/postcode/fk39ar/page/2?logcode=p

Deffo will be my next car, BMW can jam their E92 up their hoop!!

Might sell mine & save save save, will get in a 996 faster that way & I don't need a car right now.
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That grey ones a bargain!! I want
Jambo

27th Mar 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin mine ate 2 in 18months. Common fault and usually advised to replace both at same time to be safe.

if the garage are fully booked i dont see why its bad customer service to say wait till monday... If anything your cross there are too many people in the uk as its all overcrowded and too many of them own BMWs

If your not happy sell it
BarnshaW

27th Mar 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had my E46 my suspension looked quite low, got car on ramps and looked and the spring was in two , it is a common fault with E46's
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its a recall then if so many fail & they are failing so quick.

£300 to fix suspension when you only get 1500 miles out of it is pricy. I mean I dont mind high running cost but 20p a mile to have functioning rear suspensions a bit harsh
Colin

27th Mar 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Colin mine ate 2 in 18months. Common fault and usually advised to replace both at same time to be safe.

if the garage are fully booked i dont see why its bad customer service to say wait till monday... If anything your cross there are too many people in the uk as its all overcrowded and too many of them own BMWs

If your not happy sell it

Did you replace 2 & then another fail?

18 months is quite a while anyway. This is 4 months...maybe less. If they've actually replaced it.

Im going to sell it. Had enough of BMW non-service.
Daveskater
Premium Member

27th Mar 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Want this - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201012355532539/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/22500/price-to/40000/model/911/make/porsche/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/fk39ar/radius/100?logcode=p

Says he will px against a E46 M3 SMG which I do have....dont have 10k to hand him at the minute though
I found out that the bottom bits of the rear seats are stuck down by velcro so you can randomly take them off, and it's very hard to get out of the back

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Jamescorsa97

27th Mar 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get rid of that M3 col it's nothing but trouble like Ak said. Save yourself so much future trouble and get that porsche!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Day 23 database queries in 0.0158989 seconds