corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who wont be voting in the election?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who wont be voting in the election?
ed

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Not me - my fecking Ballot Card hasn't arrived - even though i've been pestering the council for the last couple of weeks since all the neighbours received theirs!
You don't need a ballot card to vote.
BYRON

6th May 10 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me. voting card is at the home I shared with the ex. Cant be arsed to retrieve it.
pow
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a bunch of fucking excuses.

No vote, no moaning. Full stop.
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
No vote, no moaning. Full stop.
pow
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact, this thread shouldnt even exist
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its hilarious that I keep hearing "if you dont vote, you cant complain"

Such a brainless thing to say.
ed

6th May 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? People died so that you can vote, if you don't respect that by taking a little time to go and at least scrawl fuck you across the paper you'd be disrespecting everything the BNP stands for.
Nath

6th May 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Think its hilarious that I keep hearing "if you dont vote, you cant complain"

Such a brainless thing to say.

No it isn't. If you're moaning but choose not to do anything about it when you get the chance, then you can't moan.
Daimo B

6th May 10 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Exactly a wasted vote would be to vote for one of those mongs thats is standing in my area.

I had some slime ball whos currently in, a guy that looked to have downs syndrome, some other baw bag & what looked to be a daughter of Susan Boyle to pick from.

Not a wasted vote at all, the whole systems a joke & I refuse to take part in their micky mouse politics. I dont think i'll bother to vote ever again, its a waste of effort to put an X in the box when I could be doing something constructive that will actually make a difference to my life like rearanging my sock drawer or such like.

Great way to respect the millions that died during the wars to give you the freedom to be able to vote.

Dis-respecting all those that died to give you that right.

tbh, anyone that tries to argue that should feel ashamed of themselves.

SOMEone is going to win, whether you like it or not, so might as well vote for the person you hate least.

As South Park put is, your choosing between a douche and a giant turd.
Tommy

6th May 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not me tried to register at new address but was to late so not gonna vote
Ojc

6th May 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame when people say they aren't voting for the reasons that Daimo states, even if you don't agree with the big 3 vote for a smaller party to show your disgust at the way that Parliment has conducted themselves.

I'm voting UKIP, I wanted to vote Tories but not conviced they will do me any favours and I'm not voting that cuntlip Scot back in again and I'm not voting for a party that would remove all our strategic defensive systems and sell our souls to the EU.
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really - what about if I dont agree with party politics full stop, what about if I dont want any of the parties standing to win - I dont agree with any aspects of our political system or our electoral system

Go and vote if it makes you feel like your changing something- your not of course. What exactly is so noble about going round the corner once every 4 years and ticking a piece of paper in favour of a party I dont believe in. You think your better than everyone else just because you vote? Im happy to continue to write to my mp, and to simply boycott companies, people, electoral systems I dont belive in.....I vote with my feet and wallet - I suggest others do the same...the way we spend our money gives us more power than the way we cast our votes imo.

Im not interested in a debate about the merits of voting - I would vote if I believed in the sytem. Its beyond me how you could nail your colours to labour or conservative governments.

As for me 'having no right to critisize' -

I spent my money on a politics degree, I donate to several activists groups, I write to my Mp, I have been on protests, I have worked for the council on polling stations from a young age. I earn 20k a year less working in independant retail than if I went and did the same job for a multinational - I have turned down good jobs because I dont like the companies ethics. Without entering politics directly thats about as much as any of us can do to infuence things whilst holding down a job and getting by in life - so I think its stupid saying that just because I dont vote I dont have a right to critisize.

I know someone who didnt know who clegg was before the debates, he is voting for him today, and has the cheek to tell me im a disgrace becuase I dont vote - I will continue to be politically active where as he will sit on his ass untill the next time he votes ..... but he can critisize and I cant?
a_j_mair

6th May 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Didnt bother to send off my postal vote, the list of candidates was too poor for me to select from....I personally wouldnt trust them to cut my grass never mind run this joint!!

I dont care who wins the election nothing will change anyway!!

thats what i think. so wont be voting

I would bet things will change, next month the every day man will be more out of pocket than they were before the election
Whittie

6th May 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucks me off that people are too lazy to go and vote. 10 minutes of your time.
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Exactly a wasted vote would be to vote for one of those mongs thats is standing in my area.

I had some slime ball whos currently in, a guy that looked to have downs syndrome, some other baw bag & what looked to be a daughter of Susan Boyle to pick from.

Not a wasted vote at all, the whole systems a joke & I refuse to take part in their micky mouse politics. I dont think i'll bother to vote ever again, its a waste of effort to put an X in the box when I could be doing something constructive that will actually make a difference to my life like rearanging my sock drawer or such like.

Great way to respect the millions that died during the wars to give you the freedom to be able to vote.

Dis-respecting all those that died to give you that right.

tbh, anyone that tries to argue that should feel ashamed of themselves.

SOMEone is going to win, whether you like it or not, so might as well vote for the person you hate least.

As South Park put is, your choosing between a douche and a giant turd.

So your argument is that we should vote for the person you hate the least??????

Thats what all those people died for is it? The right to vote for who you hate the least- thank god we have this great privilege to voite for someone we hate.

We dont have a proper democracy in this country - and rather than pretend we do I prefer to donate to and support groups who try and bring about electoral change.

Go and vote if you feel you must- but dont pretend to do it for some noble cause - There are other ways of doing things than what we have in place now- its just that none of the parties up fr election want to bring about proper democratic change
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Its not about being lazy for everyone- some of us dont feel like we want to be part of it. I am much more politically active than most people who vote - I just dont want to take part

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Ojc

6th May 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you vote Tammany if you could?
Whittie

6th May 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Its not about being lazy for everyone- some of us dont feel like we want to be part of it. I am much more politically active than most people who vote - I just dont want to take part

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]

If you're more politically active then why aren't you voting? (Sorry if you've said so in this thread, i've not read it all).

Why can't you pick the main policies that will affect your life, and vote for change? I don't understand why you'd waste your vote, especially when you seem interested in it.
Daimo B

6th May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A big whinge about nothing.

Who said anything about being better? Where on earth has anyone said that. You should run for office, they are good at reading into things that arn't there.

I don't like any of them, but again, im paying my respects to those that died to GIVE me that right to vote. Not dis-respecting them by choosing not to.

If it were not for those that died, you wouldn't have the choice as you'd be run by a Nazi government.

Its nto about being better, stop being protentious.

Turn off 1 lightbulb, nothing happens. A million people turn off a million lightbulbs, it makes a difference.
Ojc

6th May 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nazi Government?

Dictatorship.
Daimo B

6th May 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We live in a dictatorship already. Telling everyone what they can and cannot do. Its just done in a politically correct way so they can get away with it.

You can't make a change, but you can vote for those that have a similar opinion as you do. Doesn't have to be spot on, but when your limited on parties, vote for the one thats closest.

Wouldn't it be great if we all adopted Peppers attitude. What would happen to the country? Think of the bigger picture.

Don't like it, then move abroad.

I do hope the people that are not voting will never ever complain about the way the country is being run. Immirgration, taxes, benefits etc... As you haven't bothered to put the effort in to vote, you do not have the right to complain about things later.

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by VXR]
Tommy

6th May 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to vote but didnt get my registration in on time in the new home, so im in limbo, not registered at old home and not registered in the new home.
Gareth F

6th May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

card is sat here and its a 5 minute walk to vote but i cant be arsed they are allgunna fuck us over one way or another
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
We live in a dictatorship already. Telling everyone what they can and cannot do. Its just done in a politically correct way so they can get away with it.

You can't make a change, but you can vote for those that have a similar opinion as you do. Doesn't have to be spot on, but when your limited on parties, vote for the one thats closest.

Wouldn't it be great if we all adopted Peppers attitude. What would happen to the country? Think of the bigger picture.

Don't like it, then move abroad.

I do hope the people that are not voting will never ever complain about the way the country is being run. Immirgration, taxes, benefits etc... As you haven't bothered to put the effort in to vote, you do not have the right to complain about things later.

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by VXR]

'dont like it, then move abroad'

Or I could stay here and continue to remain interested and active in politics..... but I still dont want to vote in a system that I do not believe in.

I think your getting confused..... you seem to believe we fought a world war so we could vote for a choice of two parties? We didnt- we fought a world war to protect our empire and to fight against fascist dictators. Winston Churchill was a man of substance- we went to fight for him...... those soldiers would turn in their graves ifthey saw the kind of men who make up our government these days.

Jambo

6th May 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So whats your answer to it all then Dr Pepper?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who wont be voting in the election? 22 database queries in 0.0890579 seconds