corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » how much pension do you recon you will get?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how much pension do you recon you will get?
ed

User status: Offline
9th May 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing, by the time we're at retirement age there will be so many people kept alive artificially be 'modern medicine' that there will be more old people than we can deal with. We're fucked. Plus the retirement age will have to be something stupid like 85 by then.
Nath

9th May 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been paying into a pension since I was 18. My last employer matched it, my current one pay 1.5 times more than I pay in. Should be reet when I'm old.
mwg

9th May 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant afford a house never mind a pension.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paying in £200 a month into an isa which is used on the uk and european stock markets by st james place so should be pretty sweet, increase what i put in every year depending on earnings

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Aleex

9th May 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 17, already have a pension underway, what ever i put in my company matches it simples
Cosmo

9th May 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh I'll be minted by then so won't need a pension.
Nath

9th May 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minted or dead. Depends how many times you have to defend Jonny after he tries it on with peoples fiance's.
Colin

9th May 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Cols just put what I was gonna put

Amen Brother!!

Unless I get offered a non-contributery pension by the company Im working for then im seriously not going to have one, period!!

The way I see it is i'd rather have a 911 on the drive & 3 holidays a year when im 30 than know i'll be ok for beans on toast when im 70 & cant make it to the toilet..............someone will look after me then if im not dead

but if you started your job when you were young like me (i was 19 when i started at ford) then in 35 years time i'll only be 54 which in my eyes, is still quite young, and hopefully i won't be slurring my words or pissing/shitting my pants.

Do you really think ford will still be operating where your at long enough to see you into retiral?

I recon Shell will be pulling out the North Sea within the next 2-3yrs. Seriously cant see me getting much off them not like the old boys that are retiring & getting VS packages just now. Some of them are getting £200k settlements, huge pensions & huge share kitty's for 30yrs service. Im a realist, I know i'll never see that in my time, its changed days now companies dont look after their employees like they used to.

Private pensions arnt worth the paper they are scralled on so im not going to have one of those.

Might aswell just enjoy myself now.

Live for the moment, someone will take care of me when im old if im still around
C2RL R

9th May 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 28 and have never paid into a pension. i really cant see me living that long so i'm enjoying every penny i earn now.
Joe

9th May 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Do you really think ford will still be operating where your at long enough to see you into retiral?

Ben, you always seem really confident about your job. Car industry is pretty shit, can you guarantee you will work for Ford that long?

I don't have any form of pension, just have to hope I do alright while I can wipe my own arse.
Colin

9th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Way I see it, when/if I mke it to over 60, im not going to want to do much anyway, I mean i'll have done everything I wanted to & achieved all my life ambitions by then & be on the wind down waiting the cold kiss of death ffs, not planning scuba diving trips to the maldives so i'll be happy to sit in watching telly all day....what the hell am I going to need an income for for once in my life i'll maybe try my hand at pulling a benefits scam or something!
Ben G

9th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you not hear about the factory i work at (dagenham diesel centre) being given shit loads of money to produce electric engines?

we had lord mandelson walking around our line about a month ago, and gave the go ahead for a £350 million investment into electric engine production.

so yes, i'm very confident about my job.

also, consider the fact i could always to transfer to something else within ford, be it office work, prototypes at dunton, engineering etc etc.
Colin

9th May 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok if there ever comes a point where I have to drive an electric car i'll shoot myself & not need a pension.
Colin

9th May 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
did you not hear about the factory i work at (dagenham diesel centre) being given shit loads of money to produce electric engines?

we had lord mandelson walking around our line about a month ago, and gave the go ahead for a £350 million investment into electric engine production.

so yes, i'm very confident about my job.

also, consider the fact i could always to transfer to something else within ford, be it office work, prototypes at dunton, engineering etc etc.

Whats going to produce all the electricity to power several million electric cars when the uk's stocks of oil, coal & natural gas are depleated??

I can see the demise of the motor vehical coming as quickly as it grew!!!
Ben G

9th May 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really don't know colin, but thats why i'm not getting paid millions

your best bet is to go and visit dunton technology centre and ask them as they are the ones with the brains.

[Edited on 09-05-2010 by Ben G]
Hammer

9th May 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't do future planning, rightly or wrongly.
Shell
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Minted or dead. Depends how many times you have to defend Jonny after he tries it on with peoples fiance's.

He WHAT?! LOL
John

9th May 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Whats going to produce all the electricity to power several million electric cars when the uk's stocks of oil, coal & natural gas are depleated??

Cold Fusion or Hydrogen.
JonnyJ

9th May 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:

He WHAT?! LOL

Hang on a second here. She started dancing with me. Then her friend said you cant dance with her, i asked why and she said shes engaged. To which i replied "and?"
Joe

9th May 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She sounds fair game Jonny, not a problem there.
Griffiths1991

9th May 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why will Shell be pulling out of the north sea Colin? run out of oil?
John

9th May 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was at least 50 years worth of oil at current consumption levels in the north sea last I heard.
Nath

9th May 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:

He WHAT?! LOL

Hang on a second here. She started dancing with me. Then her friend said you cant dance with her, i asked why and she said shes engaged. To which i replied "and?"

O RLY?
Colin

9th May 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Griffiths1991
Why will Shell be pulling out of the north sea Colin? run out of oil?

Not enough profit in it for them in the UK, they want to be in places like Nigeria & the likes where they can stick a spade in the ground (no pun intended!!) & oil flows freely out, not spending £100M chasing a few measly barrel over here!!
Colin

9th May 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
There was at least 50 years worth of oil at current consumption levels in the north sea last I heard.

All the big fields are massivly depleated. Maybe 50yrs to pump it dry but not at any scale of operation like there has been in the past.

Think my platform produces something like a 5th what it did at the start & at a hugly increased production cost!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » how much pension do you recon you will get? 23 database queries in 0.0154519 seconds