corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 197 clio to 200 - dont know what to do

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 197 clio to 200 - dont know what to do
SetH

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Abarth 500 my 2nd car in Forza 3 and I was raping everything in it
Twiggy

26th May 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3bhp for £9k???
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get yours chipped

I had loads of warrenty work done on my old 172 cup, it even had a 57i and they didn't say anything
Dr Pepper

26th May 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
3bhp for £9k???

As i said- its not the marginal better performance im after, thats just an added bonus - its a new car and getting good value out of the existing vehicle - comes a point where it becomes too expensive to get a new car and you might as well stick with the old one.

If I get the new model now I will be paying £199 a month interest free and in three years I can get another new car........ or I stop getting a new car every three years and I stick with this one for a good long while. Idealy I would like a brand new caw with the option of doing the same in a few years but I cant decide if its worth for a car im not 100% sure on.

I think im gonna shop round some different dealerships and see if anyone wants to give me a trade in deal thats too good to refuse

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]
deanmcreynolds26

26th May 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt say its worth the difference, would rather keep the £9k and enjoy some cheaper motoring... spend it on petrol lol
kz

26th May 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Spoiler makes these cars imo. Looks terrible without.

I agree actually, arse looks to lardy without one.

I think the 200's are okay in green or white, if it was a straight swap then yeah... but paying £9k to change the colour and have less miles on the clock!? You're crazy man!
Whittie

27th May 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get a meganne tbh mate.
Graham88

27th May 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep coming back to look at the link to that green 200 now, damn that's so cool
StuartVRS

27th May 10 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

play lots of your most local dealers off against each other, find the best possible deal out there. You have already decided that you want one, its just whether you want to spend 8k to get one. Look at extending your current warranty maybe and keep the R27? Best of both worlds then and save like crazy til november ish when you would get an even better deal as salesmen tend to push even more for their xmas commission and sales also tend to drop around that time so more hagglling power. Imo, of course.
Dr Pepper

27th May 10 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
play lots of your most local dealers off against each other, find the best possible deal out there. You have already decided that you want one, its just whether you want to spend 8k to get one. Look at extending your current warranty maybe and keep the R27? Best of both worlds then and save like crazy til november ish when you would get an even better deal as salesmen tend to push even more for their xmas commission and sales also tend to drop around that time so more hagglling power. Imo, of course.

cheers- thats kind of the path im gonna go down i think

Im also on the hunt for low milage r27s --- if anyone knows of one particularly in liquid yellow or white then please let me know...I could do a pretty quick sale and I am prepared to pay a good price for a low miler

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Ant

27th May 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my 197 but it won't be paid off for another 18 months, then I'll prob part x for a 200 and pay around about the same as I did on the 197! My fav colour on a 200 is alien green.
mwg

27th May 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be buying new. Theres a 59 plate 200 with 5k on the clock for £13,950 on Autotrader. And a 10 plate one with next to no miles for £15,995. Seems much better value than new.

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by mwg]
chr15barn3s

27th May 10 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would swap it personally.
Daimo B

27th May 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I keep coming back to look at the link to that green 200 now, damn that's so cool

Women has one outside at work. She gets loads of cars, Insigna VXR, Astra VXRs, Focus RS's etc. Husband is a garage owner. Cow.

Anyway, she has a green 200 outside, fully loaded. I call it her bogey (green one). I absolutly love it, looks a right laugh to drive.

She said its awful on fuel and her figures came back a lower economy than the astra. But i've heard these engine are really thirsty on fuel until at least 20,000 miles.

Brightest car in the carpark though
16vKarlos

27th May 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont Swap/Sell/Trade-in - I'd keep it if it rings every bell for you.. just think for a minute...

If you are willing to put £9 grand into another car on finance, that has the same power (roughly the same) then why not save this £9 grand of yours (over the period that you would be buying the car for)

Assuming you dont have any savings, id double the finance period and you have £18 Grand for a down payment on a house/Flat

then you have more than one asset (Car,House)

I wouldn't bother mate if the car you have does tickle your fancy in every way.

in ten years you will look back and think should have gone for the house.

Passion for cars can somtimes take over though
Dr Pepper

27th May 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
Dont Swap/Sell/Trade-in - I'd keep it if it rings every bell for you.. just think for a minute...

If you are willing to put £9 grand into another car on finance, that has the same power (roughly the same) then why not save this £9 grand of yours (over the period that you would be buying the car for)

Assuming you dont have any savings, id double the finance period and you have £18 Grand for a down payment on a house/Flat

then you have more than one asset (Car,House)

I wouldn't bother mate if the car you have does tickle your fancy in every way.

in ten years you will look back and think should have gone for the house.

Passion for cars can somtimes take over though

True - I really dont want to take on extra monthly payments....... think second hand low milage car seems the best option... been looking on piston heads and there are some r27s with less than 15000 miles going for under £11k - I have two grand savings I could move round - sell my r27 private or give it to renault and I might be able to pick up a lower milage r27 for a grand or two more.
Dr Pepper

27th May 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dealer has called me again with another option

They have a Racing Blue 200 cup with recaros and black speedlines with 2000 miles on the clock - its a sep 2009 car that has only been used with at weekends and they are offering it me for £14,995 .....so thats 10k for my car and 5k on interest free ...... tempting - just really not sure about racing blue on the 200
A2H GO

27th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio 200 in Alien Green! So much presence on the road, theres one round here and my mate texts me everytime he sees it

I didnt like them at first last year but i love them now, especially after seeing them in real life. They look good with the bumper section and wheels in anthracite rather than black, you can get them standard like this.

Do not buy new though, you'll be throwing £1000's away, i know i've made that mistake before and won't do it again.
16vKarlos

27th May 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
My dealer has called me again with another option

They have a Racing Blue 200 cup with recaros and black speedlines with 2000 miles on the clock - its a sep 2009 car that has only been used with at weekends and they are offering it me for £14,995 .....so thats 10k for my car and 5k on interest free ...... tempting - just really not sure about racing blue on the 200

Your dealer seem to know that you are a Serious buyer... If you keep getting them to give you better offers on different cars.. you wont make a decision.

If your serious about getting a new car then i suggest you go in and find the right car, and say look.. heres the plan

I want Interest Free Finance over (X) Years, and the best price for my car. DO NOT accept the first offer unless it's a serious bargain - If they offer a bargain its either the car is a shitter or because they know you will be back for another car in a couple years, or for parts etc - In this case, it's hard to tell so get someone to have a look at it.

also what warranty Like?
are they putting a NEW MOT on it
Can you get them to throw in TAX

Are they going to pay Rich H to Mega clean + Polish it?

all these things you can get thrown in.

Your not going to get it free mind but id try for

- best offer on your car
- Finance over X years
- years Tax

Sorted.
Graham88

27th May 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say a 2nd hand 200 is your best bet, that way somebody else has paid for all the losses you lose by driving off the forecourt and you still have a car with barely any mileage

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Anyway, she has a green 200 outside, fully loaded. I call it her bogey (green one). I absolutly love it, looks a right laugh to drive.

She said its awful on fuel and her figures came back a lower economy than the astra. But i've heard these engine are really thirsty on fuel until at least 20,000 miles.

Brightest car in the carpark though

There was loads of white ones at the Ring, and they look awesome, definetly a good handling car with power to match! My mates 172 is thirsty I guess that comes with being a rev happy 2 litre engine, not something to worry about with a performance car though!
Dr Pepper

27th May 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been having a really good look at finances this afternoon ....

Think I can get £5k together to add to my car as part exchange....... out of that £5k I need to factor in the cost of putting my personal plate on retention, the price of getting my stereo system removed from the r27 and replaced into the new car - and probably will want some new componants for the new clio .......... so I reckon I will go and look at the 2000 mile racing blue 200 at renault- offer my r27 plus 4k cash and that will be my last offer.

If they wont sell it for that or I dont like the look of it im gonna go and look at a Liquid Yellow r27 that is being advertised next week....if it hasnt been sold by then.
Ben G

27th May 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos

are they putting a NEW MOT on it

why would it need an MOT at all when it's a 59 plate? it's not even a year old yet, let alone 3...
Dr Pepper

27th May 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I think its gonna look like this ..... I think it needs a spoiler on the back of the royal blues.... but I think I could live with the colour

Ben G

27th May 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that colour is stunning. much better and less chavvy than the LY and green ones too.
fir3vip3r

27th May 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that! But yes, does need a spoiler.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 197 clio to 200 - dont know what to do 22 database queries in 0.0148408 seconds