corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halfords is shit.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords is shit.
jacko198

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol ok then, make sure you go somewhere that know how to measure the right shock size.
spikedjack

3rd Jun 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on if they are interested in what they do.

Im a rider myself and pride myself when working there as a bike mechanic on there not being a job for a bike (other than welding) that i cannot do.
sampayne21

3rd Jun 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to clear up the staff issues in halfords, the company are restructuring themselves and romoving alot of there staff in exchange for more part timers. the company has budgets which only allow them to employ near enough minimum wage staff, hense not alot of common and pratical sense.
theres is barely any training, employee's only learn by experience.
it annoys me when you get muppet customers that have a terrible attitude when 99% there trying to do there best to help you in the first place
Limecat
Banned

3rd Jun 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sampayne21
just to clear up the staff issues in halfords, the company are restructuring themselves and romoving alot of there staff in exchange for more part timers. the company has budgets which only allow them to employ near enough minimum wage staff, hense not alot of common and pratical sense.
it annoys me when you get muppet customers that have a terrible attitude when 99% there trying to do there best to help you in the first place

Anyone that works at Halfrauds is a MONG - FACT.

Do you work at Halfrauds?
Eddx14xe

3rd Jun 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went into halfords a while ago with my brother to look at bike bits and there was 2 kids working in there, they couldnt of been no older than 13-14
LukeS

3rd Jun 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why advertise them as "experts" though
Limecat
Banned

3rd Jun 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeS
why advertise them as "experts" though

Would you buy something from someone that an organisation painted as being 'a clueless student?'

There is your answer.
Eddx14xe

3rd Jun 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get peoples trust, if you had a cowboy plumber come in and say im not gas safe registered and last time i done work people died, you wouldnt let them work for you but if they said there gas safe registered ( even though they weren't ) then you will trust them.

Its the same as halfords calling there staff 'experts' but there not
LukeS

3rd Jun 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose, but its kinda obvious they are clueless when you walk in and some retard is talking to himself behind the counter
Eddx14xe

3rd Jun 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On another note, i did like going to the halfords in biggleswade as there is a fit girl that works there
LukeS

3rd Jun 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my halfords is also too dark, they need more lighting.
Gareth F

3rd Jun 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You would expect to get bad attitude when the people employed cant do their job and customers do not get the service they require. I wouldnt stand for it and would drive me to buy else where, causing the company to lose money and make the situation worse. Shite company if they cant even train their own staff properly. No way to run a company. TBF part time staff are better for a company as it helps with sickness issues and flexibility, we have part timers that are very good at what they do.

Good thing about our one is the fit till staff and thats about it
sampayne21

3rd Jun 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:

if you've had a bad experience there then fair enough, i didnt realise you've met every single halfords employee
Limecat
Banned

3rd Jun 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that simple Gareth.

quote:
quote:
quote:

if you've had a bad experience there then fair enough, i didnt realise you've met every single halfords employee

I posted nothing about 'bad experiences' and you also failed to answer my question.

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Generation

3rd Jun 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
quote:

You would expect to get bad attitude when the people employed cant do their job and customers do not get the service they require. I wouldnt stand for it and would drive me to buy else where, causing the company to lose money and make the situation worse. Shite company if they cant even train their own staff properly. No way to run a company. TBF part time staff are better for a company as it helps with sickness issues and flexibility, we have part timers that are very good at what they do.

Got to agree with first poster, TBH. Its not the peoples fault that work there, they are hardly going to turn down a job in the current ecomomy, blame halfords I detest it when people play I know everything to shop staff
sampayne21

3rd Jun 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
quote:

it goes far deeper than basic customer service at the top end its just about figures, kpi's and shareholders.
i agree the company is shite, but i dont believe its right to blame the staff
sampayne21

3rd Jun 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's not that simple Gareth.

quote:
quote:
quote:

I posted nothing about 'bad experiences' and you also failed to answer my question.

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by LETGSI16V]

then why do you claim everyone who works there has Down's Syndrome?
and to answer your question, yes i do in a halfords but i dont work in a bikehut
Adam C
Premium Member

4th Jun 10 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its true that Halfords made budget cuts and made alot of full timers at our store redundent even though they just bought out Nationwide auto repairs iirc.
Ive been working there 4 and a half years now, Im planning another 3 to 4 years before im gone aswell if all goes to plan.

Im a part timer, but being one of the most experienced there I tend to work full time hours alot of the time, we have alot of part timers now and agree that some are just completely useless and tend to spend there time in work just fooling around with other employee's.
That tends to go with the majority of part timers in my store, pretty much all of them on cycles aswell.

Of course it isn't just the staff, we do get alot of complete bellends for customers at times, alot of it stems from bad quality products but sometimes im sure people come in just to have a pop.

Im puzzled by anyone who tries to stick up for Halfords, going by what happens in the store i work in, piss poor management, insulting incentives, lack of a ladder to climb up the ranks and no double pay, time and a half, triple pay etc. have just pushed me to hate the place, Im just thankful Im doing something else to get out of there, and for the mean time put on a smile and work.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Adam_B

4th Jun 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and to answer your question, yes i do in a halfords but i dont work in a bikehut

Because he/she has nothing better to do other than fish for arguments on the internet.
DaveyLC

4th Jun 10 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the £12 bike hut shock pump and do it your self!
Recaro1

4th Jun 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked for Halfords building and selling bikes every Sunday whilst at college.

I watched a 20 min video and then i was apparently an "expert".

I wonder how many kids lost there front teeth cause i was too hungover to correctly adjust the brakes.

[Edited on 04-06-2010 by Recaro1]
Jamie

4th Jun 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked part-time at Halfords for 1 1/2 years while at Uni.

Lucky for me, 90% of the staff knew what they were doing, enjoyed their work and were easy to get on with.

The same store I used to work at, no longer has anyone i know working at - and has had 6 managers in the space of a year.

None of the guys there have a clue now, they all try to wing it.

I went in last week as a purchased a CD/iPod player for my gf's birthday. I purchased from them as I knew, if she didn't like it or it had problems then I could go back get it replaced / money back no issues.

Well 2 weeks in and the unit stops reading the iPod. It see's it, you can browse it but wont let you play it.

Took car in and spoke to the guy on 'Ripspeed'. He explained that as they had not fitted it the warranty for the unit was no longer valid and I was out of luck then walked away.

Thought fcuk this, went and spoke to the manager whom had even less of a clue but got the Ripspeed guy to come out and look. Low and behold it does not work.

He then goes on to ask why I thought I could fit the CD player when I didnt work for somewhere like Halfords. By now I think this is a wind up, but I explain I used to and that I had put on the audio fitting course, which included hard wiring CD players / Sat Nav.

His reply - "Oh ok, so at least your an audio expert like me"

Crazy that anyone would hand their car over to a business that employs staff and fails to train them up.

For the record, Ripspeed bloke went on to say he has been there for over 2 years now.

Essay.
Budgie

4th Jun 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use to work at halfords in the bike department.
I thought i was pretty good.
not at the selling stuff. but repairing side of things i was good at.
if i ever had to work on ripspeed section and peeps wanted to know about head units i'd be
you want it or not?
Ant

4th Jun 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live half a mile from head office, you would think the service in the local branch would be spot on? Well I have to travel 20 miles to get my bike worked on at another branch where they are very good, recently replaced a front brake caliper no questions asked!
Limecat
Banned

4th Jun 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

Because he/she has nothing better to do other than fish for arguments on the internet.

Yes, I am a he/she. I can wank or frig myself off.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halfords is shit. 23 database queries in 0.0220048 seconds