corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Welfare cuts increase deaths

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Welfare cuts increase deaths
Ben D

User status: Offline
26th Jun 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats one way of looking at it however with lots of criminal industries especially drug dealing it shows that as soon as one person is taken off the street his role is immediatly replaced by somebody else as there is always the need from the drug user, so it proably isnt the best way forward, it would be much more productive to remove the cause, i.e the drug user, who incidentally makes up 7o% of the prison population.

Og by the way those figures do not take into account the cost incurred by the police, HMCS, NOMS or resettlement and other rehabilitating costs such as housing NHS etc, the real figure would be astronomical

[Edited on 26-06-2010 by Benji D]
Root

26th Jun 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Benji D
I dont think that really relates into More crime really, now im not sayng there wont be a rise, but the majority of claimants are legitimate in the fact that that they are ill or have been made redundant etc, i mean if you got made redundant and couldnt get benefits are you saying you would automatically turn to crime? of course not so its a rediculous comment to make. I'm sure any and all criminals out there without jobs are out committing crimes already seeing as they dont have a job to begin with

agreed, there are some genuine ones out there, but there are a lot of chavs / i don't give a shit people on there that take the piss, milk it, don't attempt to find a job or simply claim disability when they could easily get a job.

The chavs will turn to crime, a lot of them do it already as extra income. Whether it's dealing or stealing.
And if I had no means of supporting myself and was rejected by the benefits system, had no income or way of getting food in my belly, yes, I would steal, who wouldn't
Ben D

26th Jun 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunatly there is no sure fire solution to this problem to sort out the layabouts without penalising the legitimate claimants, if you tighten requirements for certain benefits then again your at risk of penalising people who rely on the system, but then again we are a nation which has 175,ooo Child carers of age 16 or younger who go unrecognised and unsupported by our governments past and present, so i dont see much change in legislation other than to save money
Root

26th Jun 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this government care too much about the well being of it's people. They don't let them fend for themselves like other countries do, there are always systems in place and some people just take the piss with it. There are a lot of non-genuine benefit claimaints, they need a method to remove these from the system, but making sure the new system, ie: the organisation investigating the benefit fraudsters (which already exists), but they need to not just work off tips and look at "oh this guy has been on JSA for 5 years, he obviously isn't arsed to get a job at all".

They just need to make sure the costs of investigating these people aren't more than the savings they'll reap. That's the only semi-logical way to deal with it, else you're hurting innocent people. Back in the day, benefits were harder to get, my mum was 7-8 months pregnant with me and they wouldn't give her anything, not even for food, after making her wait around all day.

These days it's a case of "have you been looking for work?" "yes", "ok, see you in 2 weeks" -_- it used to be too extreme the other way, now it's too extreme this way, find the middle cameron.
A2H GO

26th Jun 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all bollocks, my mate has Systic Fibrosis(sp) and tbf yes he does have to go the hospital once a month and gets more colds than normal folk and will possibly not live as long, but he gets £450 a month in benefits.

I work with him and he already earns £36k, he spends all his benefits on luxaries, nice house kitted out with professional recording studio, All Staints clothes,Apple Mac's, Steriods(to look at him you wouldnt think there was a thing wrong, gym 6 nights a week), brand new Alfa Romeo Spyder on the 'Mobility' scheme and hes just had an iPhone 4. I bet hes laughing his tits off at home knowing we paid for it all.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Jun 10 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with the three strikes comment and if crime goes up the population goes down because if someone breaks in to my house while I'm there I will attempt to murder them.

ps if your mum became ill two years ago then the cuts the other day haven't even affected her yet.

pps read the thread in Rules named problems logging in if you having problems logging in.
Ben D

26th Jun 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea exactly ian, the point i was making is its already hard enough for people to get the benefits they are entitled to already, this is just going to magnify the problem, i didnt mean her problems were a result of these new cuts mate
Limecat
Banned

27th Jun 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Benji D
Yea exactly ian, the point i was making is its already hard enough for people to get the benefits they are entitled to already, this is just going to magnify the problem, i didnt mean her problems were a result of these new cuts mate

How is it hard to get benefits?

'Oh look, I have no job, I don't have x amount ni savings - support me!'

It is time that the nation of fags running the country opted to eliminate the weak as would happen by natural selection. I am sorry but if your LIFE depended on it, you would find a job. Get the lazy cunts off the fraud bandwagon.

Eliminate the scum, stop them from breeding. The problem is being magnified FFS by LAZY TWATS who won't work and bring up equally LAZY TWATS thinking it is the norm.

No such thing as a free meal they say? Pull the other one - starve these wankers to death.

Enter my property and be prepared to be treated like a football - you WILL get kicked around. F.O.A.D. Thanks!
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true, i know of a few people that when it became more difficult to claim job seekers and be on the dole, they just then started playing the sickie card and got the benefits that way, rather then finding a job (they are perfectly able people).

Its easy to do, just goto the docs, "oh im so stressed, cant sleep at night blah blah blah"

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Welfare cuts increase deaths 22 database queries in 0.0109141 seconds