corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Will car pass mot with ABS removed?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Will car pass mot with ABS removed?
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jun 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian's got one for sale, removed from his car.

Did have it on ebay but no got no interest.

And regarding the MOT question, I got the 206 through with it disabled.

[Edited on 27-06-2010 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was the case that if it was fitted from factory then it'd fail, then nobody would pass when they remove their rear seats / belts. Alike the seats/belts scenario where both have to be removed otherwise it'd a fail, I'd guess as long as you've removed all ABS components then you'll be fine.
Mattb

27th Jun 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what the MOT handbbok has to say on the matter...

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_340.htm

As far as im concerned as an MOT tester if its been removed properley then i wouldnt fail it
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it cant fail on a fault if it has no abs. doesnt state on that manual that if it came with abs it has to be present.
Mattb

27th Jun 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
it cant fail on a fault if it has no abs. doesnt state on that manual that if it came with abs it has to be present.

correct.. i was told by vosa them selves to follow the manual to the letter.. i does not say that if abs was fitted as standard it has to be present..

same with headlights and indicators...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Will car pass mot with ABS removed? 23 database queries in 0.0094819 seconds