corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So where do we go from here ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So where do we go from here ?
Tommy L

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny Rose of Tottenham could have potential.

Dare i say Theo?
Jamie Walby

28th Jun 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me, any play thats too old to play in the Euros should be left out of the qualifications and we should start building a team based around the younger players coming through as has been said already!

That way they get international experiance through the qualification rounds and used to 'playing with each other'

Players like Joe Hart, Dawson, Lennon, Walcott, Agbonlahor, Young should all be given regular starts and why not bring in younger players like Wilshire who come the Euros could be very handy.

The older players should be dropped, Lamps, Gerrard, James, Rio to give make way for the players of the future. Long term I think this will be better for the national team.

Having said that some experiance is always gonna be needed but I dont know exactly how old all the current players are so not sure who would be the ones to drop.
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is how do you determine that you are too old or going to be for the Euro's?

Lamps is 32
Gerrard is 30
Carra is 32
Terry, cole, king, Barry, crouch all 29
Jamie Walby

28th Jun 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say 30+ is too old for Euros. Gerrard would be ok, Lamps no cos then hell be 34.

Just my opinion anyway.
Tom

28th Jun 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder how many of them will retire

As much as I agree in principal about building the team around younger players, I can't see any of the 'main' players being dropped any time soon.
Marc

28th Jun 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carragher and possibly James.
BarnshaW

28th Jun 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put harry redknapp as coach imo
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I wonder how many of them will retire

As much as I agree in principal about building the team around younger players, I can't see any of the 'main' players being dropped any time soon.
I can't see it happening either
Ojc

28th Jun 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard and Ashley Cole out of the existing squad are the only ones that should be involved in qualifers for the Euros, the rest should have to earn their place in the squad.

Rooneys performance was a disgrace, Connor Wickham would have offered more than him.
Ojc

28th Jun 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I'm not the only person to think it

England 2014 (4-1-3-1-1): Hart; G Johnson, Dawson, Terry, Gibbs; Rodwell; Lennon, Milner, A Johnson; Rooney; Wickham.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jun/28/england-new-players-future
mwg

28th Jun 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glen Johnson needs to improve his defensive qualities by a big margin. He's hopeless at the moment.
Cosmo

28th Jun 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Glen Johnson needs to improve his defensive qualities by a big margin. He's hopeless at the moment.

Yet Id blame Terry for their first two yesterday for being out of position both times.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i blame you
Cosmo

28th Jun 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame Uri Geller and him not being above the stadium in a helicopter with his crystal.
mwg

28th Jun 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play Steve in defence
MoesTavern

28th Jun 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind if we do keep Capello we'll be paying him 6m quid a year for essentially fuck all till the next major tournament.

He was brought in to win the World Cup or at least get to the later stages, that's what the astronomical salary was for.
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he's got a news conference any minute on SSN.

Sept and the Euro Qualifiers start
mwg

28th Jun 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet he's going
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet you 1000 euros he isnt
Limecat
Banned

28th Jun 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do we go from here? Well, if the FA had any backbone they would turn around, back their World Class manager (as his CV shows) and tell England 'fans' to grow up and stop thinking they deserve a win each time they play. I don't mean a vote of confidence in the manager, I mean a vote of disconfidence in the fans.

Threads like this show where we need to go - stop spoon feeding off the wankers in the media? Before a ball is kicked at the World Cup they realise the turnaround since the McClaren era where they failed to even qualify for a lesser tournament with largely the same group of players and they proclaim Fabio to be God. He got them to the World Cup with a 100% win ratio (until qualification was assured!).

Then they draw the first game due to human error (the same human error that 'missed' Lampards goal etc or even Argentinas off side goal but you didn't cry about that like a bitch did you?) and the one thereafter and suddenly all the wanker fans start calling for the managers head, as per usual. UTTER WANKERS.

Then, how-do? They win a game and all of a sudden it's game on again.

Then they lose to a team with an amazing record and it's 'Kill the Boss' again.

This thread highlights those issues in massive ways. McClaren came in, drops Campbell, Beckham, James etc as the fans requested and they were gradually all brought back, again as the fans wanted? You can't fucking win as the England coach due to UTTER WANKERS as fans. So you now want to bin off Fabio, go back to another McClaren type so you can mirror the medias 'build them up and knock them down' mentality (it sells papers to half of the mongs on this thread no doubt), call for dropping Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc as they have no 'passion' (I am coming to that joke phrase too!) as things have to change, then when all of a sudden you draw a match, or god forbid lose, then it's the managers fault for not playing Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney.

It really pisses me off when people go on about 'playing with passion'. Please define that for? It's bollocks. Do they go off the pitch winking at each other when they lose? No. Do they look gutted and disgusted when a ball that crosses the line isn't given as a goal? Yes. Passion is something you have when you love something, if you find out your tart has been getted rodded by Leroy and you kill her then it is a crime of passion. If you flick your leg up during a game you love and have devoted your entire life to like a quiff haired faggot and the opponent goes down like Lawrah at the sight of a celeb from Hollyoaks then you are scum of the Earth? Again, you cannot win.

EDIT: P.S. On that basis of the short-minded fickle England 'fan', how do you propose that ANY manager will be given enough time to blood a team involvin some potentially amazing players? They can't. The public won't allow it as they are UTTER WANKERS.

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by LETGSI16V]
p

28th Jun 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People calling for an English manager...... Worked out great with Steve McLaren didn't it
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bring back Venables!
Limecat
Banned

28th Jun 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing getting on my tits is people saying about dropping players due to 'status' but none of them ever mention Rooney who out of anyone that played an amount of time was by far the worst player in the team.
Ben G

28th Jun 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
EDIT: P.S. On that basis of the short-minded fickle England 'fan', how do you propose that ANY manager will be given enough time to blood a team involvin some potentially amazing players? They can't. The public won't allow it as they are UTTER WANKERS.

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by LETGSI16V]

see, this is the problem.

if we do field a team of youngsters (who are very good for their clubs) and they lose, the manager will get fucked by the media and the public.

they need to give them time, even if we do have a couple of bad results.
Hammer

29th Jun 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bring in Mourinho, otherwise you will be perrenial under achievers for another 40+ years.

Change the psyche of the nation as well, gain an under dog tag and punch above your weight rather than below. You'd need a Sun campaign for that though to reach the people you'd want to reach.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So where do we go from here ? 23 database queries in 0.0228560 seconds