corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » New Liverpool manager is....confirmed.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Liverpool manager is....confirmed.
strick206

User status: Offline
29th Jun 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you are talking about the value of united now (well the glazers value)

I think 300 million would be a fair price for liverpool considering what they bought the club for and what they've actually done, which isn't really much

They just planned a stadium, and improved the commercial side of it imo
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest then how much would you value United at?

They bought the club for £220m with a turnover of £121m, as of the last accounts this had risen to £190m and doesn't take in to account a number of massive commercial deals, and also includes a poor deal with Adidas which was done pre-them.

So imo they've done a huge amount for the business side of the club to give that valuation, and thats before you take in to account the difference in squad values from then to now.
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably would value united at around 900m - 1bn

Not the 1.5bn the glazers put on them
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how do you figure United are worth 3x what Liverpool are worth when you look at the figures?

Granted you can take off the cost of the stadium from your valuation as we dont have that and it would need to be built, but once that one off cost is made it would give us the same turnover as you lot.
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that one off cost is just a pipe-dream at the minute isn't it, so until it's made we can't be using that.

Also, liverpool's figures are going to be lower this year, not got CL football, poor finishing position in the league, and a mass exodus of players wont help your commercial aspect either, no fucker is going to want an N'Gog shirt tbh

The value of united was nearly 4 times that of the value of liverpool looking at the prices of the takeovers, and i dont think liverpool have made that much progression to warrent them being worth half the price of united imo

i think 3 times the value is fair, and will stay that way until liverpool get a sugar daddy that they are after
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its a pipe dream, hence why I didnt take in to account any extra revenue it would bring, and why I didnt class it as an asset when figuring out our value. However it is a pipe dream with planning permission and nothing but money needed from a new owner to build it. Either way, Ive ignored it as it is.

Our figures will be hit by the non-CL, but will be increased by the increases in sponsorship, the new TV deals, the new kit sales, etc. etc. so I dont expect it to fall really, but it will not rise as it should of if we had CL football.

Player sales would hit the value dramatically - but thats a pipe dream like the new stadium so cant take that in to account on value until it happens.

And again, how is a turnover increase of over £80m a season (about 40% increase) not progression?

You're valuing the clubs based on football, where in reality this is business and the value is now mostly determined on revenue.
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
And again, how is a turnover increase of over £80m a season (about 40% increase) not progression?

I'm not saying it isn't an improvement, i just think its less of an improvement than you are suggesting in comparison to us, that's all, what they've done commercially is very good
MatthewR

29th Jun 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

I'm not saying it isn't an improvement, i just think its less of an improvement than you are suggesting in comparison to us, that's all, what they've done commercially is very good

As compared to you?

are you meaning as compared to your improvement in the same time period? Or to you in general at this moment in time?
Nath

29th Jun 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So...... Woy........
mwg

29th Jun 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
So...... Woy........

You dont want to argue about boring financial stuff till the cows come home?
Nath

29th Jun 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
So...... Woy........

You dont want to argue about boring financial stuff till the cows come home?

I value Luton at £6.45. How much do you value Man City at?
mwg

29th Jun 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worthless.
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As compared to you?

are you meaning as compared to your improvement in the same time period? Or to you in general at this moment in time?

I mean the value of your club now, has improved compared to the value of our club, but not as much as you are suggesting imo

Anyway, Woy, scapegoat.com and a 10th place finish
Hammer

29th Jun 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the best fit for the role at this minute tbh considering he has vast experience, an eye for a player and gets the best out of guys that maybe weren't considered as good as they are under him.

If I were him my first move would be punting Torres and Gerrard for as much as possible and re-investing elsewhere.
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wouldn't get the money to reinvest though....
Hammer

29th Jun 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In which case, stay at Fulham and continue helping them punch above their weight

Seriously, without either getting 100 million from player sales you'd need another 100 million to stay within the top 4 imo.
Cosmo

29th Jun 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling gerrard and torres and spending that money wouldn't get us in it given what city are spending. We need to keep what we have and splash out on a LB, two wingers and another top class forward.

On another note, The Echo is reporting that he is the new manager so expect an official announcement tomorrow.
Tom

30th Jun 10 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll back Hodgson but i'm eager to hear/see his plans in action as he must have had one to get the job, I just hope it's not what i'm expecting.
Aaron

30th Jun 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you expecting out of interest?
Cosmo

30th Jun 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone who is just a yes man, happy to allow the owners to sell his best players and provide little to no money back to him, just there to make sure we are at least a Fulham (under his management) sort of level side.

I guess.
Tom

30th Jun 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, if he can keep hold of torres i'll be happy. I reckon he'll get a small budget but that he won't get any money made from selling players, as that will have to go on paying debt so hopefully he can just keep hold of some of our good players tbh.
Nismo

30th Jun 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have preferred it if he hadnt gone to Liverpool as this means Harry is in the firing line for England job even more now
Tom

30th Jun 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparantly he wants to make Joe Cole his first signing, good luck with that one Roy!
Aaron

30th Jun 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Along with his £120,000 per week

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » New Liverpool manager is....confirmed. 23 database queries in 0.0171840 seconds